Ah yes. Except this arguement doesn't work if we're really trying to tell people that levels don't matter for RP on the server, which has always been a dichotemy Arelith has strived for.xanrael wrote: ↑Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:04 pmIf the faction can't deal with lone squatters and huddle in their rooms I'd call into question them owning the guild house in the first place. There should be more to a faction than simple guild house ownership.
Regardless I imagine the behavior of not engaging in interactions with that squatter and hiding in their rooms is going to have a RP and morale cost to the faction members that RPing in their nearly impregnable base does not. I'm sure they did complain, but I'm not sure losing the ability to segregate their factional RP from the rest of the server thanks to a door is that strong of a complaint. Anyone that doesn't have one of these places has to deal with possible disruptions after all.
I'm not saying its perfect, but you could have a slight tweak/clarification of the rules that if there is an engagement and someone dies, regardless of the winner the owners are allowed to enter and leave while those that do not have to stay away for 24 hours unless the rule is waived by both sides.
Beyond which, what narrative value would allowing this to be a thing actually accomplish? None. Convincing someone on the inside to be a trojan horse, turning on the defenders to let an army in for a battle is one thing, camping the base and killing people as they log in is entirely something else and has no narrative value whatsoever.
If one level 30 can camp in the lobby of a faction's building and everyone in that faction is signifigantly lower level, they can't use their faction's building at all, it cripples that faction's capability to do anything because the rules will prevent them from re-entering the area post-PvP if that PC won't leave. And even if the rules were changed to allow this scenario, its still textbook griefing if you're sitting inside their very base waiting for them to log on so you can kill them repeatedly. At the very LEAST if flies in the face of the be-nice rules.
Its not exactly against the rules to besiege a guildhouse, its been done before, but if your idea of fun conflict is parking an army(or even a single lvl 30, if the defenders aren't all 30s themselves) inside a hallway and ganking people as they log in and appear in the kitchen, bedrooms, and storage rooms with one or two lines of RP, you probably haven't taken a nasal breath in your life and I wholeheartedly support steps taken to curtail your behavior or remove you from the server outright.
Simply put, this should not be a possibility, period, because Arelith's players have shown time and time and time and time again that they cannot be allowed a vagueness in the rules because they WILL exploit those rules for cheese.
Thief RP is near nonexistant, and always has been. Quarter locks are as high as they are because the server has shown that people WILL abuse the mechanic until owning the building storage is pointless, and 90+% of the time there will be zero RP for the theft. Its simply not worth allowing for the 5% of people who will do thief RP it to the enjoyment of both sides when the other 95% of thieves and gankers are going to abuse it.
Disclaimer: I'm not targeting 'you' so much as using the broad, royal 'you' as in the reader.