move FL server to EE

Moderators: DM Symphony, Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

move FL server to EE

Post by Terenfel » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:58 am

are people still playing on the old FL server? if not, maybe it would get the life it deserves if it was moved to EE and people could see it on the server list there?

magistrasa
Contributor
Contributor

Re: move FL server to EE

Post by magistrasa » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:52 pm

I never got the chance to play on the FL server and always wish I could... But I suspect the workload it could add would be too much for Arelith right now. It would mean adding more DMs, more server hosting, more coding attention catered to FL (I don't know anything about the process but I imagine the move might end up jumbling some of the code and there's gonna need to be some work on the resulting bug fixes) - I think everyone at this point would rather focus on getting the main servers fixed up before throwing in another wonky server. Which is probably a good policy. I mean, we're not Bethesda after all.

dysmetria

Post by dysmetria » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:44 pm

The FL server is Anemoi and has been on EE for a while now and is a lot of fun.

Still beta testing but most of the areas have been completed so it is well worth a look.

It's got NWNSync already up and running as well so a couple clicks to get the files you need and you're in.

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Terenfel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:17 am

why a new name? but glad to hear it! :)

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by LittleWeasel » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:05 pm

Anemoi =/= Arelith FL.
It uses much of the same scripts, much of the same methods, and is based on a Fixed (or very narrow) level system with in game additional ways of improving your character.

However, story wise, Arelith FL was the prehistory of today’s Arelith setting with loads of stories leading into what Arelith is today.

Anemoi, setting wise, is unique, not FR based, and its very own thing :)
And it is on my bucket list to try out, rather than just talk to Mithreas about it ;)
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:53 pm

It's more fitting for a server based in Arelith's prehistory to use a prehistoric version of NWN, than to port it to NWN:EE.
20 RPR GANG

Kreydis

Post by Kreydis » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:31 pm

Not in the slightest. FL is mechanically so different, that it doesn't even deserve to be called "Fixed Level" Let alone NWN in some ways. I wouldn't be lying if I said I still think it's far superior to what we have on the main servers. But that's subjective.
It's a Dwarf, no it's a Dragon, no it's a Halfling! I think.

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Terenfel » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:26 am

ohhh.. so my old FL characters wont be there? no thanks then :)

Quinn

Post by Quinn » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:50 am

Ain't seeing it

Eters

Post by Eters » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:32 pm

Perhaps the Arelith FL server can be opened as a sort of "Museum server" for those interested (like me totally) to see what Arelith was like before...well, Arelith. Get a glimpse of the stories that shaped the server into what it currently is.

Kreydis

Post by Kreydis » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 pm

None of the stories on FL shaped anything in normal Arelith. The lore is so disconnected at this point it was more of an offshoot side-story server then anything else.

I think you're asking for Arelith during it's early years, instead of FL, because early arelith was still far more 'advanced' in time then FL was. I.E. How Cordor used to be a 4 zone square like Myon of pain and suffering. Hence why the sewers have a 4 zone square to it. Or a bit like shadow Cordor.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:54 pm

Kreydis wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 pm
None of the stories on FL shaped anything in normal Arelith. The lore is so disconnected at this point it was more of an offshoot side-story server then anything else.

I think you're asking for Arelith during it's early years, instead of FL, because early arelith was still far more 'advanced' in time then FL was. I.E. How Cordor used to be a 4 zone square like Myon of pain and suffering. Hence why the sewers have a 4 zone square to it. Or a bit like shadow Cordor.
Old cordor, frankly, was objectively better laid out than new cordor. It at least had a functioning slum for criminal RP. Everything in new cordor is still spread out, it just doesn't require server transitions to get to anymore.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Kreydis

Post by Kreydis » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:54 pm

I don't disagree or say otherwise. I just am reminding all you non FL players, that FL is not old arelith. It's more or less it's own server which has nothing to do as far as I'm aware with how Arelith started out. It's so far in the past that there's only really 3 'towns'. FORT Cordor. a primitive Warftown, and Sibayad. And Minmir if you were an elf.