Expanded Warehouse:

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Expanded Warehouse:

Post by Morderon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:24 am

Items currently under control:

Ores (except for greensteel, mithril, adamantine)
Raw gems (except for rubys, diamonds, emeralds)
Salt
Clay
Fish
Lady's Tear
Coal
Mintleaf
cotton
spidersilk

Quick Setup:

Leader of the settlement must speak with the settlement's trade czar. Open the expanded warehouse menu. And click start service. This costs 1k of each resource.

Anyone with the power to set buy/sell prices for the resources can do the following:

Open the "set buy/sell prices" menu under expanded warehouse menu.

Select "Set Sell Prices".

Either select "Set Base Prices" or "Adjust All Prices".

On the following menu type 500. And click "[Set prices to ...]"

This will set the price for every item to 500 each. None of them are worth that much but at least everything can be bought now. Go through each individual and set the prices how is desired.

Other notes:

Those with the power to set buy/sell prices can purchase items from the settlement for free.

Setting sell prices to a negative number makes the item unable to be bought.

When using raise/lower prices by and you wish to lower prices. It must be proceeded by "\". For example if you wish to lower prices by 50 gold type "\-50" without the quotes. Arelith will think it's command if you just type "-50".

You can set and raise/lower prices by a percent If you wish to raise prices by "100%" type such and select the raise/lower price option.

The "Raise/lower prices" and "Adjust by" options add 100% to the typed value. So -50% becomes 50% (half price) and 100% becomes 200% (double price)

"Set price" options do not add 100% to typed value. Typing 100% won't change the price. Typing 90% will set the price to 90% of it's current value. Typing 110% will increase current price by 10%.

The highest settlement purchase price is used when someone sells the items to the settlement.

The lowest settlement sell price is used when someone purchases the item from the settlement.

At the end of the race/class set up lists are group options.

Administrative fee: 20% + settlement's tax rate goes to the void on each pc purchase.

To be considered a member of a class more than 6 levels are required.'

Divide by tax rate option: Sets the current settlement price as the post tax price. Example: You entered 50 gold for the price of coal. The PC ends up paying 70 gold due to administrative fees. Select this option to make 50 gold the final price the pc pays.

Prices by race:

Races deserving special treatment can be set by the leader.

These races use their own pricing list. You may set the prices higher/lower from the primary list to show your favor or disfavor to the specified races.

Genasi, dragon, rakasha act as their base race.

Todo:
Have receipts work with the above. Likely just display quantity and where or not if it was donated or sold. Done.

Bug:
Items priced to sell at 0 gold cannot be purchased by PCs but they should be able to. Done.

Future:
Tier system
I: Common items mostly mined or creature dropped
II: Rarer items. Including some crafted materials.
III: More of the above.
IV: More of the above and some basic equipment.

Later tiers will cost much more in resources. Toying around with the idea that it will take multiple settlements to support.
Last edited by Morderon on Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Re: Expanded Warehouse:

Post by Morderon » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:54 pm

About a month ago:
Items:
A lot of the items within the stockpile system have been added to the warehouse system.

If the warehouse is full, the item, if a stockpile item, will be sent into the stockpiles. You may have to donate/sell twice as the first time will top off the warehouse. The second time will send the left over items to the stockpiles.

New options:
Match stockpile price: A quick option that sets purchase prices to the stockpile prices if applicable. Anyone who can manage trade prices has access.
Move item to stockpiles: Moves a designated amount of items from the warehouse to the stockpiles. Anyone who can manage trade prices has access.

Whenever it goes live:
Bug fix:
Selling items should give the proper prices based on race and/or class.
Sweetberries should have the proper price set when the 'match stockpile price' option is selected.

Todo:
Add sub categories to item lists.
Add option to set sell price to buy price.

caldura firebourne

Post by caldura firebourne » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:03 pm

is it possible to have settlement appointed officials given access to open and moderate the expanded warehouse? I think doing such would make the expanded warehouse more viable and likely increase its use island wide
Plays as the monster in your closet

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Anyone with the power to manage buy/selling prices through the settlement can manage the warehouse.

caldura firebourne

Post by caldura firebourne » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:15 pm

I see that now, thank you, but what about initiating it?

I mean I managed to catch the settlement leader and got him to do it for me but for other instances
Plays as the monster in your closet

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:32 pm

It only has to be initiated once forever. Unless the settlement leader purposely turns it off.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:48 pm

For whenever it goes live:

Additional races the pass through weeks added.
Sweetberries can now be moved to the stockpiles.
Berries/fruits/nuts can now properly be moved to the stockpiles.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:50 am

Categories added; so it's no longer one long list.

New items:
Yarrow Leaves
Healing Draught
Bandage Rolls
Heal Kit (Weak) /Quick meal/cooking only
Heal kit (average)/Standard Meal/cooking only

Bugs:
Some items aren't yet in the right categories.

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:11 pm

There is a problem with healing draught.

Cordor has 30 of them in the warehouse. They are priced and ready to sell. But when you try to buy one nothing happens. You don't get to select how many you want and make the purchase.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:29 am

Just a note to ask whether/when the following will be included in the warehouse system (if there's anything I can do to help the process, I'd be willing to help out!):

Arjale Ore
Mithril Ore
Adamantine Ore
Raw Ruby
Raw Emerald
Raw Diamond
(All ingots?)

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:25 pm

Blood on my Lips wrote:There is a problem with healing draught.

Cordor has 30 of them in the warehouse. They are priced and ready to sell. But when you try to buy one nothing happens. You don't get to select how many you want and make the purchase.
Any chance of these long standing warehouse bugs getting looked at, including the inability to set and change the 'RTS Resource' (Food/metal/cloth/stone/wood) prices away from 999%?

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:10 pm

Healing draught should be fixed soonish.

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with setting stock pile prices.

1. [Donate Resources]
2. [Sell Resources]
3. [Expanded Warehouse]
4. [Purchase from City]
5. [Set Purchase Prices]
6. [Set Sale Prices]

You use the last two options for food/wood/metal/cloth etc in the stockpiles.

Are the options just not coming up or when you select them there's nothing more to click or what you click just doesn't work?

If the options aren't coming up are you the settlement leader? Do you have the power to set prices?

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:54 am

The last one regarding stockpile resources was a bug reported to me by other players - I don't currently have the ability to set a settlement's stockpile resource price.

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:20 pm

TimeAdept wrote:The last one regarding stockpile resources was a bug reported to me by other players - I don't currently have the ability to set a settlement's stockpile resource price.
It was working fine when I touched it last.

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:12 pm

Morderon wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:50 am
Categories added; so it's no longer one long list.

New items:
Yarrow Leaves
Healing Draught
Bandage Rolls

Bugs:
Some items aren't yet in the right categories.
These two items are not showing up in the menu to set a price for either to purchase or to sell. It simply doesn't appear to exist. At least not in the Sharps District:

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:12 pm

Ahh yup. Should be everywhere. Seems when the heal kit recipes got updated they also changed their id..

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:52 pm

Should had posted this a week ago:

Setting every buy/sell price to a negative number for a specific item will have that item bypass the expanded warehouse and go straight to the stockpiles, if the stockpiles will take it. Having at least one of the buy/sell prices at 0 or above will place the item into the expanded warehouse.

You should also only need to sell/donate once to have the czar take everything, even in instances you have reached the expanded warehouse cap but have items left over.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:18 pm

To be clear - does that mean if I set the sell price to -10 (to prevent people buying from the expanded warehouse) and then set the buy price to a number so that people get paid - that it'll go to the expanded warehouse first?

If I set the buy price to -10 doesn't that mean they stop buying it?
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:06 pm

Priorly there was no way for an item to bypass the expanded warehouse. Except for the expanded warehouse being turned off or at maximum quantity.

For this block, sell = Settlement selling price (to the pc), buy = Settlement buying price (from the pc)

If all of the sell price is -10, and and all of the buy price is 0 or above, the item goes into the expanded warehouse, and no one can buy it. This allows a settlement to acquire items through the expanded warehouse and keep them for themselves.

If all of the the sell price is -10 and all of the buy price is -10, the item doesn't go into the expanded warehouse and no one can buy it. This allows a settlement to define what items it doesn't care about at all.

If the sell price is +10 and the buy price is -10. Edit: nvm my past response to this. This allows you to sell items to the pc, items go into the warehouse but aren't paid for.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:26 pm

Next reset:

Faction-pricing is available.

This is through the same restriction list available through other services. Restrictions can be applied through either the Settlements Registrar Convo or through the trade czars convo.

While I've called it faction pricing/setting factions in the conversation it actually doesn't require a faction, anyone matching one set of applied restrictions will be allowed to use the new faction list. For this reason soon I'll rename it to self-defined pricing.

Currently if you have no restrictions set then everyone may be able to receive faction pricing. This will be changed soon so that faction pricing defaults to off if no restrictions are in place.

There's been some conversation improvements, more importantly you can more quickly go to the buy or sell pages when viewing/editing an individual item.