The Chronology of Arelith SPOILER HEAVY

All discussions, suggestions, submissions, organizations required to keep the Encyclopedia Arelithica up to date, and worthy of historical annals.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Marsi

Re: The Chronology of Arelith SPOILER HEAVY

Post by Marsi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:28 pm

yellowcateyes wrote:In the spirit of not glorifying sketchy behavior, it's probably best to keep vague the events surrounding the destruction of Light Keep.
"Light Keep falls" would suffice. I don't recall any sketchy behavior (it was handled surprisingly smoothly), but it's definitely a prickly topic. I think the timeline in general should be fairly vague.

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:39 pm

Marsi wrote:"Light Keep falls" would suffice. I don't recall any sketchy behavior (it was handled surprisingly smoothly), but it's definitely a prickly topic. I think the timeline in general should be fairly vague.
Suffice to say, I've heard quite the opposite from players who were active in or opposed to the faction at the time. But for the sake of not muddying this thread, I'll not go deeply into it. Recent history tends to be contentious, while more distant history is easier to discuss plainly.

What I would suggest is that the Timeline be reduced to very brief titles or blurbs. Hotlinks can lead to more detailed articles. Dense prose can obscure or distort the timeline. I think that was the original intent of the EA setup. Sadly, a lot of the entries remained mere titles without any elaboration.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:40 am

yellowcateyes wrote:
Marsi wrote:"Light Keep falls" would suffice. I don't recall any sketchy behavior (it was handled surprisingly smoothly), but it's definitely a prickly topic. I think the timeline in general should be fairly vague.
Suffice to say, I've heard quite the opposite from players who were active in or opposed to the faction at the time. But for the sake of not muddying this thread, I'll not go deeply into it. Recent history tends to be contentious, while more distant history is easier to discuss plainly.

What I would suggest is that the Timeline be reduced to very brief titles or blurbs. Hotlinks can lead to more detailed articles. Dense prose can obscure or distort the timeline. I think that was the original intent of the EA setup. Sadly, a lot of the entries remained mere titles without any elaboration.
Agree. Maybe a single phrase will be ok all time that the entery were explained enough.

perhaps.

69 AR The Mage of Oz >>> wrong one (not explanatory enough)

69 AR The Mage of Oz arrives to Arelith with an army of lions, tin golems and scarecrows, conquering Cordor, Myon and Brogendenstein in a tenday and yada yada... wrong one (too much useless data for the timeline)

69 AR The Mage of Oz arrives to Arelith with an army, conquering Cordor, Myon and Brogendenstein. Right one

I will make a second cleansed version of the chronolgy for the timeline purpose once we were done dating the main events.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:37 pm

Made more updates...

Also, making a polished version of the timeline that I will try to place soon into a google doc.
Disclaimer: All what I write are simple opinions of a player and always with honest intention to contribute constructively and from respect, but with a poor knowledge of English.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 am

The Man of the Moon wrote:I made the fix on dates for the following events, based on the Updates reported by our Staff on the old Forum, using the real dates when those were added IG, and a comparison with a real date/IG date table. Updating them in the Timeline asap.

Also, marked those MISSING dates in red, so were easiest to check what is being missed. (most of those dates could be dated with the help of the Developers, because are references to the IG effects of diverse updates)

60/61 AR The Xanalress is imposed as main tongue to be used by the drow of Arelith (that before had less strict policies about what tongues use mainly in their cities)

62 AR. The Stained Paw Gnolls have moved from their temporary camp in the ruins of Stonehold to Minmir.

85/86 AR Discovered new paths and routes in Minmir, Dark Spires, Swamps.

86 AR. Foundation of Andunor.

86 AR UD: new caves and under areas are discovered and explored.

87 AR. The new Bramble Watch outpost is built.

90 AR. The southwest Skull Crags paths are opened to travellers.

90 AR New creatures seems to be appearing now in Arelith, maybe under some conjuration great complot to control the monster hordes as troops.

91 AR The Brambles’ Goblins discover and inhabit an ancient forgotten fortress located at north of the forests.

91 AR Cordor carves a mine in the pursuit of iron.

92 AR The svirneflin build an Ironclad and a shipyard in Blingstonhold.

95 AR. The Speedy Message Company installs a representative in the Guldorand Logging Camp at the Skull Crags.

95 AR. Slimes from unknown origin becomes found in the Underdark more often.

98 AR Bendir is renamed as Burrowhome.

101 AR. Cordor. Conversion of Temple of Torm to the House of the Triad.

I replaced the post after find troubles to update the chronolgy in this thread, so then I can fast go into it to update anything. :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=492

The timeline is missing dates for most of the updates done that could be added as entries for the IG historic timeline. I have dated only those from 2011 and forward... Missing mainly those older than 2010 and some of between 2011 and 2012 too.

I guess those dates could be provided by Mithreas, Artos and other Devs?

In progress:
- A revision on the Cuchilla's and Kuma's timelines to check if I forgot any of the referred events. (I noticed I missed some of them)

- Shorten the entries so could better fit a timeline as it was sugested. I will leave the expanded explanations in (***) in the draft for further knowledge or clearifications.

Cheers

Thank you

Realoms

Post by Realoms » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:57 am

"60/61 AR The Xanalress is imposed as main tongue to be used by the drow of Arelith (that before had less strict policies about what tongues use mainly in their cities)"

Not a fan of how this is worded. It was a more or less sheerly mechanical change, not an IC change at all and this timeline seems to track IC changes. Basically there was no -xa, as such all elves (drow included) were given -el and it was generally used, or common was used with xanalress words thrown in.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:00 am

Added categories to all the entries:

[PHE] : Phenomena (Natural or Arcane world event)
[EVE]: Event (unclassified and of great impact)
[GEO] : Geography (Exploration, land discoveries...)
[POL] : Politics (Settlements, wars, diplomatics...)
[SOC] : Society (Religion, culture, floklore, Fairs...)
[TRA] : Trade (Comercial, merchant and crafting entries)

Let's discuss the categories (I used standards from generic history timelines)

When I place more than one refers to the deep impact the entry has, affecting or being included on each mentioned category.

Also a question... Should a foundation be just politic (settlements) or be included also as Geographical? I am keeping at moment GEO as those entries referred to nature, not settlements.

Thank you

The Pretty Prince of Parties

Post by The Pretty Prince of Parties » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:18 am

DM Watchtower wrote:
Qizzia wrote:This event was lead by Mithreas and Watchtower. I remember, because I was there as "third DM". Wharftown was attacked from the East and the South, and I just had the minor role of trying to keep WT and Mith updated with what happened on the two fronts, and inside Wharftown.

I mean to remember that there where a whole lot of players there, and that the three mentionned PC's played a major role. Also, like Mith stated above, that the Ayin and gang left Wharftown because of it.

The word "cleansing", however, sounds biased to me, looking back at it.
Qizzia is spot on. Herial and Kathele led a force that attacked Wharftown as a result of Kathele's anti-Ayin propaganda. They assumed that basically they could walk in, kill Ayin's people, and take over. Mith, Qizzia and I gave them a resistance in the form of Wharftown's guards.

As I recall, the battle started when Herial stealthed in and assassinated Ayin. Battle broke out, and Kathele's forces systematically destroyed all of Wharftown's defenses. Ayin and company were booted from Wharftown as a result, and as Mith stated, Wharftown's guards have been female ever since (as their husbands were all killed). I can tell you that IC, nobody called it the "Cleansing". It was a bloodbath and even those who did the attacking expressed regret at what had just happened.

This happened during Sadamara's rule in Bendir, though I don't recall precisely how those dates line up. I just know it was happening during the Bendir drama.
Few points I'll make:

1) Didn't stealth in, but close enough - came in, used a timestop scroll, chopped him down.

2) "Cleansing" was definitely Chris' influence leaking in. A lot of the collateral damage was done by Kathele throwing around lots of AoE spells, and a handful of Evil-aligned PCs who tagged along.

3) The split between "Liberation/Massacre" actually came an IG decade or two afterwards; most people immediately after the fact referred to it as a slaughter - but after the Banites were driven from Wharftown for the first time, there was a generation of Wharftowners who put the event up on a pedestal - calling it a "Liberation" of their town from evil influences, and using it as an early example of a "tradition" of reclaiming their lands, so to speak. A lot of the Tempurians/several generations of leaders in Guldorand did the same thing.

Beyond that, I enjoy the divergent opinions and the lack of clarity on exactly what happened. As a history major, it makes things feel a little more real to me - history is rarely perfectly clear.

Marsi

Post by Marsi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:46 am

The Pretty Prince of Parties wrote:Beyond that, I enjoy the divergent opinions and the lack of clarity on exactly what happened. As a history major, it makes things feel a little more real to me - history is rarely perfectly clear.
echoing this. I am sometimes startled at how closely Arelithian history resembles actual history sometimes. I love it.

Why should the great bell of Beaulieu toll when the shadows were neither short nor long?

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:12 am

The Pretty Prince of Parties wrote:
DM Watchtower wrote:
Qizzia wrote:This event was lead by Mithreas and Watchtower. I remember, because I was there as "third DM". Wharftown was attacked from the East and the South, and I just had the minor role of trying to keep WT and Mith updated with what happened on the two fronts, and inside Wharftown.

I mean to remember that there where a whole lot of players there, and that the three mentionned PC's played a major role. Also, like Mith stated above, that the Ayin and gang left Wharftown because of it.

The word "cleansing", however, sounds biased to me, looking back at it.
Qizzia is spot on. Herial and Kathele led a force that attacked Wharftown as a result of Kathele's anti-Ayin propaganda. They assumed that basically they could walk in, kill Ayin's people, and take over. Mith, Qizzia and I gave them a resistance in the form of Wharftown's guards.

As I recall, the battle started when Herial stealthed in and assassinated Ayin. Battle broke out, and Kathele's forces systematically destroyed all of Wharftown's defenses. Ayin and company were booted from Wharftown as a result, and as Mith stated, Wharftown's guards have been female ever since (as their husbands were all killed). I can tell you that IC, nobody called it the "Cleansing". It was a bloodbath and even those who did the attacking expressed regret at what had just happened.

This happened during Sadamara's rule in Bendir, though I don't recall precisely how those dates line up. I just know it was happening during the Bendir drama.
Few points I'll make:

1) Didn't stealth in, but close enough - came in, used a timestop scroll, chopped him down.

2) "Cleansing" was definitely Chris' influence leaking in. A lot of the collateral damage was done by Kathele throwing around lots of AoE spells, and a handful of Evil-aligned PCs who tagged along.

3) The split between "Liberation/Massacre" actually came an IG decade or two afterwards; most people immediately after the fact referred to it as a slaughter - but after the Banites were driven from Wharftown for the first time, there was a generation of Wharftowners who put the event up on a pedestal - calling it a "Liberation" of their town from evil influences, and using it as an early example of a "tradition" of reclaiming their lands, so to speak. A lot of the Tempurians/several generations of leaders in Guldorand did the same thing.

Beyond that, I enjoy the divergent opinions and the lack of clarity on exactly what happened. As a history major, it makes things feel a little more real to me - history is rarely perfectly clear.
Then we should keep ambiguity in the entry, or neutrality... or even keep both tags, "Cleansing and Bloodbath/massacre", meaning the diferent persepctives.

Thank you

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:25 am

The Man of the Moon wrote:Then we should keep ambiguity in the entry, or neutrality... or even keep both tags, "Cleansing and Bloodbath/massacre", meaning the diferent persepctives.
While ambiguity is merited in the recording of certain controversial events, be mindful of the pitfall of false balance.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:09 am

yellowcateyes wrote:
The Man of the Moon wrote:Then we should keep ambiguity in the entry, or neutrality... or even keep both tags, "Cleansing and Bloodbath/massacre", meaning the diferent persepctives.
While ambiguity is merited in the recording of certain controversial events, be mindful of the pitfall of false balance.
So we need to define what perspective are we keeping in the Timeline.

1. Omniscient narrator: He knows everything on the history. (This one could be a so spoling view)

2. Narrating witness: The narrator is included in the story but in this case it is not a part of she, he only counts what he sees, as witness.

3. Chronicler. The narrator has not been a witness of the facts, but he gathers the diverse memories that different witnesses or sources of different origin offer him.

4. Encyclopaedic narrator: The narrator focuses a particularly impartiality, objective, calm narrator, who in encyclopaedic style describes a concept, a fact, a personage, a biography, a work, etc.

Once we defined/decided which style could be the best one, we can polish every entry to match the same style.

In my opinion, Chronicler style is the more natural, allowing to include erroneous concepts because this way they are remembered by the history in general.

- Omniscient are the real happenings as only the DMs and divinities could see, so I don't recomend this, cause could be so OOCly and induct to metagaming.

- Witness could be interesting, but then in the perspective of a Timeline made by many diferent Witnesses.

- Enclyclopedic: Maybe a bit modern style, but finely if we have to set a way to refer in short words each entry.

Thank you

Reptile in paradise

Re: The Chronology of Arelith

Post by Reptile in paradise » Fri Oct 03, 2014 9:54 am

Alright, I just read through this entire thread, and I think I can contribute, correct and fill in a few things from a while ago, nothing recent though, as I have not played for a year and a half. And unfortunately I am really bad with timelines, but I may be able to provide some connections for easier placement of a few events in history.
The Man of the Moon seems to have the best timeline so far, so I'll work from there.
Mithreas wrote:
The Man of the Moon wrote: 15 AR Abyssal insurrection. the Witch Sisters Quimelya and Venmelya Grelt'cae took over the Fortress and made themselves rulers. Taking off on the reign of the former leader, a sorceror whose name was banished from the memory.

Feel free to slap me to correct any wrong typo.
According to the database, the correct spellings are:
Venmelya Greltâcae
Quimelya Greltâcae

Where the â is a character my English terminal can't understand, but isn't an apostrophe (that would render as ~) :)
I just dug it up, and the last name actually was Grel'tâcae. They both were wizards, not sorceresses as stated in this thread too! Many of Keth's younger (low-level) followers betrayed him and killed most of his Archangels (Teefa Myzrrim, Narcyssia, Damion Balefire, Colav Arniman) and his wife Jendalyn Vance, who had recently given birth. Their son was rescued by an unknown loyal follower. If I recall that quite right, at least, not all names may be accurate.

Before that, Keth actually turned Allanna in to the Cordor guard. That was the time when he was still more interested in roleplay than PVP and actually a rather interesting storyline.
During the final standof, one person escaped actually, Blackheart, who was basically Allanna's right hand and personal assassin.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: The Chronology of Arelith

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:04 am

Reptile in paradise wrote:Alright, I just read through this entire thread, and I think I can contribute, correct and fill in a few things from a while ago, nothing recent though, as I have not played for a year and a half. And unfortunately I am really bad with timelines, but I may be able to provide some connections for easier placement of a few events in history.

The Man of the Moon seems to have the best timeline so far, so I'll work from there. .
The timeline I made is notthing but the comprised work of everyone collaborating here...including you. ;)
Reptile in paradise wrote:
Mithreas wrote:
The Man of the Moon wrote: 15 AR Abyssal insurrection. the Witch Sisters Quimelya and Venmelya Grelt'cae took over the Fortress and made themselves rulers. Taking off on the reign of the former leader, a sorceror whose name was banished from the memory.

Feel free to slap me to correct any wrong typo.
According to the database, the correct spellings are:
Venmelya Greltâcae
Quimelya Greltâcae

Where the â is a character my English terminal can't understand, but isn't an apostrophe (that would render as ~) :)
I just dug it up, and the last name actually was Grel'tâcae. They both were wizards, not sorceresses as stated in this thread too! Many of Keth's younger (low-level) followers betrayed him and killed most of his Archangels (Teefa Myzrrim, Narcyssia, Damion Balefire, Colav Arniman) and his wife Jendalyn Vance, who had recently given birth. Their son was rescued by an unknown loyal follower. If I recall that quite right, at least, not all names may be accurate.

Before that, Keth actually turned Allanna in to the Cordor guard. That was the time when he was still more interested in roleplay than PVP and actually a rather interesting storyline.
During the final standof, one person escaped actually, Blackheart, who was basically Allanna's right hand and personal assassin.
Grel'tâcae... ok, thank you! Updated as also commented they were wizards, while they were known as the Witch sisters 8not meaning they were sorceress)

Current updated Timeline here...
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=492

Cheers

Thank you

Reptile in paradise

Post by Reptile in paradise » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:08 am

The Man of the Moon wrote:1? AR The gypsies camped at the outdoors of Cordor found the Rosewind Campment.
At about the same time, the Brinson Family camped there with their following. They played an important part in the forming of Light Keep shortly after, so should probably be mentionned.
The other faction in the forming of Light Keep was the Order of Purity, a triadist order, who together with the Brinson clan and old Benwick formed Light Keep after heavy negotiations between Queen Xyndral, Grandmaster Berichance Arnesen and Prince Baltak Brinson. Lexi actually joined Light Keep through the Order of Purity as a Student of Berichance. The Order was founded not long before that too. I could probably write a more detailed story on the creation of Light Keep, if needed!
The Man of the Moon wrote:13 AR Bendir vs. Stonehold Wars. During the Maliss mayorship of Bendir, the hin settlement was brutality attacked by the Stonehold Banites who brought a terrible dracolich. Bendir was only aided by a darven army led by the Thane Belrun, not enough for the massive threat. Bendir decisively lost and the Banites took scores of hin slaves. After this first battle, Benwick, who stayed neutral during the first Banite attack, decided to intervenite and with the survivor hin led by Lincoln Ambliss they came with an army of celestials, paladins and clergy, imposing a hard defeat to Stonehold, detroying their fortress and disbanding the Banite army. (The remnant Banites took their revenge massacring the hin slaved in an atrocity where they were forced to dig pits before being forced into those pits and buried/burned alive).
This attack on Stonehold was actually lead by Severian, Weapon Master, Lord of the Praetorian Guard and husband of Xyndral, as far as I recall. He was not actually a member of Light Keep but very Close affiliated. The execution of the halflings came a while after that and they were forced to build Stonehold II beforehand, if I recall right.

Reptile in paradise

Post by Reptile in paradise » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:19 am

Alright, I will still post here to Keep the other thread clean, I guess. Found yet another thing:
1? AR [POL] The Queen of Benwick passes away and the monarchy is abolished. Benwick is henceforth ruled by a Council of Three. High Priestess Lexi presides over the first such Council and continues to do so over the course of a long and storied lifetime of service.
2? AR [POL] Benwick is renamed as the Light Keep.

They are in the wrong order. Xyndral was crucial in forming the new Light Keep, so it was renamed before her death.

I think between 10 and 15 AR, Chath Zress played a very important part in Udos, she was either First Matron or Highpriestess, or both. I did not play a drow though, Norfildor might have better Information on this.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:24 am

15 BR [POL] Benwick Realm foundation. After heavy negotiations between the Queen Xyndral, Grandmaster Berichance Arnesen of the Purity Order and Prince Baltak Brinson, was given permission for a lease of land from the Heartwood to build a keep in the eastern Arelith Forests dedicated to the Triad. Galahad founds the Realm of Benwick, reigns by him as the King Galahad the Builder.
This needs more elaboration, while kept shorter... But I guess we want to keep track of each famous character.

When was galahad the king?
Was someone else Ruler on Benwick before galahad then?
Was benwick founded on a first stablished triadist Keep (Light Keep)?
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:35 am

Realoms wrote:"60/61 AR The Xanalress is imposed as main tongue to be used by the drow of Arelith (that before had less strict policies about what tongues use mainly in their cities)"

Not a fan of how this is worded. It was a more or less sheerly mechanical change, not an IC change at all and this timeline seems to track IC changes. Basically there was no -xa, as such all elves (drow included) were given -el and it was generally used, or common was used with xanalress words thrown in.
yes, but I chroniced it as an IG impact, where we could think previously the use of the Xanalress could have been less strict and after the inclusion of -xa we could think the drow turned more attached to its use.

I know that was not a RP event or thing, but some mechanical updates that had real and visible impact could be nicely added this way.

If someone was upset or thinking that doesn't really match or that should be added in a diferent way like "The Xanalress on Arelith turns into a diferent dialectal drow tongue with some slightly diferences with Menzoberranzan Xanalress... or anything else... let's comment here... Or I can just eradicate the entry.

Anyway, I will remove it, no problem.
If later someone though this was important to keep tracked as IG event, we can add it back with a more polished description in IG/IC meanings
Last edited by The Man of the Moon on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:40 am

Reptile in paradise wrote:
Alright, I will still post here to Keep the other thread clean, I guess. Found yet another thing:
1? AR [POL] The Queen of Benwick passes away and the monarchy is abolished. Benwick is henceforth ruled by a Council of Three. High Priestess Lexi presides over the first such Council and continues to do so over the course of a long and storied lifetime of service.
2? AR [POL] Benwick is renamed as the Light Keep.

They are in the wrong order. Xyndral was crucial in forming the new Light Keep, so it was renamed before her death.

I think between 10 and 15 AR, Chath Zress played a very important part in Udos, she was either First Matron or Highpriestess, or both. I did not play a drow though, Norfildor might have better Information on this.

Ah, I was confused about this... FIXED ;)

Thank you

Reptile in paradise

Post by Reptile in paradise » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:40 am

No, it is Xyndral passing away at 1? AR and Benwick being renamed at 2? AR. That is impossible though, as Benwick was renamed to Light Keep when Xyndral was still alive. So the second entry is at a wrong date. Benwick was renamed maybe at around 15AR, Xyndral passing away between 15 AR and 20 AR.

Not sure about the exact date, but how about this:
Delete: 2? AR [POL] Benwick is renamed as the Light Keep.
Create: 13-14? AR [POL]: Benwick becomes Light Keep after Queen Xyndral (Castle Benwick), Grandmaster Berichance Arnesen (Order of Purity) and Prince Baltak (Brinson Family) decide to combine their Forces under one banner.
Change: Between 15 AR and 20 AR: POL] The Queen of Benwick passes away and the monarchy is abolished. Benwick is henceforth ruled by a Council of Three. High Priestess Lexi presides over the first such Council and continues to do so over the course of a long and storied lifetime of service.

5? AR [POL] Wharftown: The Waymen are created as the guard of the town.

I am pretty sure that the Waymen are a way older organization, probably formed by Aris and Rune Degrem.

69 AR [POL] The Wharftown Clash. One of the largest battles in Wharftown's history, that ended in a successful defense. The Archmage of the Arcane Tower, a tiefling named Hound, led the hostile force against Wharftown, he was captured by Sando Saikoro, captain of the Sea Leopard and associate of Wharftown. A second force consisting of Tower mages and Infernalist Cordorians (most of them Infernalists aswell, others unaware of the true reasons behind this), came against Wharftown in revenge. Lillia Aylows, Queen of the Abyss and the trusted First Knight Lady Nelyata Wennarnes came to aid Wharftown and successfully defended it against the whole attacking force. Slaying a great number of Infernalists.

I've been there, and Valden was there definitely. Actually I do think that a second wave under Samir attacked a while later but was thrown back too, by a hellball from Lillia the evocation sorceress. Might be good to ask God In Action for comfirmation!

That is it for now, I will be thinking about more events, names and dates to contribute.

Reptile in paradise

Post by Reptile in paradise » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:49 am

When was galahad the king?
Was someone else Ruler on Benwick before galahad then?
Was benwick founded on a first stablished triadist Keep (Light Keep)?
Alright, my memory on this is very, very bad, that was a very long time ago.
I have no idea when Galahad was king exactly. I personally would place him before the split actually, but I was not too involved with Benwick at that time...

As far as I know though, Galahad actually built Castle Benwick, not on a former triadist Keep or anything, but on a tomb of sorts. It was actually founded to guard what was burried underneath it, but I do not know exactly what it was.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:05 am

Everything updated (hoping I didn't forgot anything)

Thank you

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:28 pm

I am pretty sure that the Waymen are a way older organization, probably formed by Aris and Rune Degrem.
An organizer of the Waymen was Merdock Took, who was perhaps the first Shifter character in Arelith. He also made their official color purple, which lasted (for better or for worse) a few generations.

I do notice that the timeline is lacking the Archdruids and their accomplishments, but I am unfamiliar with the grove faction's history.

Edit: Added link to old EA entry on Murdock for the dates.

The Man of the Moon
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by The Man of the Moon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:42 am

yellowcateyes wrote:
An organizer of the Waymen was Merdock Took, who was perhaps the first Shifter character in Arelith. He also made their official color purple, which lasted (for better or for worse) a few generations.

I do notice that the timeline is lacking the Archdruids and their accomplishments, but I am unfamiliar with the grove faction's history.

Edit: Added link to old EA entry on Murdock for the dates.
Was Merdock mayor of Wharftown (and Captain of the Waymen) before Aris?

The EA says he was around from 4 BR until 21 AR.

Name
Merdock Took
'The Grand Shifter'

Timeline (help) Was around from 4 BR until 21 AR.

History
Past mayor of Wharftown. Past Captain of the Wharftown Waymen.

Known mainly for his trademark purple armor and his unmatched ability in the art of shapechangeing.

His current status now is unknown. Some think him to be dead and others think he is currently away on a mission to the Mainland.

Thank you

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:58 pm

Name
Merdock Took
'The Grand Shifter'

Timeline (help) Was around from 4 BR until 21 AR.

History
Past mayor of Wharftown. Past Captain of the Wharftown Waymen.

Known mainly for his trademark purple armor and his unmatched ability in the art of shapechangeing.

His current status now is unknown. Some think him to be dead and others think he is currently away on a mission to the Mainland.
[/quote]

I vaguely remember that Merdock Tock was around when I joined Arelith i June 2006 (not sure what that is in BR). In June 2006, however, the captain was Crysta the Red, who rapidly resigned after that date. "Boddhi" (mayor) and her husband Boru (captain) took over.

Merdock Tock (I think it's Tock, not Took) every once in a while popped up, speaking of the old days, so he might have been one of the first. I also remember that the kobold Zak was a distinguished member of the Waymen, not sure if captain. But after the monster races were ousted to Grond, he never showed up again.

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.