Are Grenades Mundane?

You have questions? We may have answers.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

StompyKobold

Are Grenades Mundane?

Post by StompyKobold » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:36 pm

I know this is a long shot, I haven't played on Arelith in a bit and recently came back. I have a old character that I made awhile ago before several of the changes and am just curious about some interactions. Its a Kensai Rog/Monk/SD, I'm use to not being able to use scrolls, magic items, wands etc and totally fine with that. I chose Kensai for something fun and challenging. But I recently came across some grenades and bombs and thought they would be a cool way to do some extra stuff but when I went to use them the kensai block came up. Is this just and unintentional side effect or where they suppose to not work for Kensai like characters? I see know that kensai's were removed so I'm suppose I should assume that this will never be changed but I figured I would ask, just in case :P. I'm posting this here because I figured I should ask before placing a suggestion for grenades to be made mundane if its not something that would ever be changed. Thanks for your time!

Ebonstar

Re: Are Grenades Mundane?

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:52 pm

rogue grenades the descrip of each show what level rogue you have to be to use them
Yes I can sign

StompyKobold

Post by StompyKobold » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:02 pm

Oh, so it could be my rogue level are too low. Ok, that would make sense! Not sure why it was bringing up the Kensai tag for it.
Thanks man!

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 am

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23930&p=191780&hil ... ai#p191780

Not sure if its fixed, but I could NOT use them on a kensai in the past.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

StompyKobold

Post by StompyKobold » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:03 pm

I've done some experimentation and it is Rogue levels that is preventing my character from using some Grenade like items. But it seems that the Kensai tag is also preventing several other thrown objects, like Acid Bomb, or the grease bomb that can be purchased from the ooze master.