Writs, ships, and slaves

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Writs, ships, and slaves

Post by Subutai » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:21 pm

Is there a reason that characters who start as slaves can never use ships or take surface writs, even when they've been freed? It doesn't really make any sense to me why a character who is freed from slavery should be punished eternally, island-wide, simply because they were the victim of slavers.

Is it safe to assume that this is merely a technical issue, and the right flags aren't changed/set?

TheDoctor

Re: Writs, ships, and slaves

Post by TheDoctor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:18 am

because you started as a slave. I would say working as intended.

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Subutai » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:22 am

Why is it intended to work that way?

RedGiant

Post by RedGiant » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:08 am

It never really goes away. I have an ooold character who took slave background before slave was a thing mechanically, because it fit his backstory and because...heck...in the old days, it was a way to nab a +1 fort. in exchange for -1 will I believe.

I would second there should be a way to purge it as it inconveniences characters even for whom the condition no longer applies.

"Yarr, I can tell by tha touch o' melancholy about yeh, that yeh were once a slave. Well I'll not haul the likes o' yeh! Sher, I'd sell me mum for a nip o' rum, but a man 'as limits."
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.