Integrated Intel issues

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Invader_Nym

Integrated Intel issues

Post by Invader_Nym » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:41 am

I've been having frequent drop-outs that were isolated only to the game (all other network activity remained responsive). I play on my laptop which has intel integrated graphics and an Intel wireless adapter. After switching to a USB wireless receiver my network dropouts ceased, and interestingly enough, it seems like I experience game crashes less frequently as well. If you're plagued by Intel-integrated problems, give this a try and let me know how it works out.

thimblegiant
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Integrated Intel issues

Post by thimblegiant » Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:32 am

You can run with integrated Intel? I have a couple of fairly beefy systems (for this game) and they dog out in the graphics, even at the lowest settings. I can run 1.69 fine, but not EE.

It could be the drivers, of course, but I didn't think integrated was supported so I didn't dig too deep to troubleshoot.

Ebonstar

Re: Integrated Intel issues

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:51 am

thimblegiant wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:32 am
You can run with integrated Intel? I have a couple of fairly beefy systems (for this game) and they dog out in the graphics, even at the lowest settings. I can run 1.69 fine, but not EE.

It could be the drivers, of course, but I didn't think integrated was supported so I didn't dig too deep to troubleshoot.
there has been a patch for integrated intel, and yes upgrade your systems and drivers
Yes I can sign