Rider's Peak Needs A Chest and Writ

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Rider's Peak Needs A Chest and Writ

Post by Durvayas » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:31 pm

For a group of reknowned bandits, they seem to suck at stealing people's stuff, since they don't have a chest of anything.
I also noticed they seemed to get completely skipped over in the underdark writ system.

I think this should be remedied.

The neighboring dungeon, the urdlenites, has several chests, and its own writ, leading me to believe that Rider's peak not having a writ might have been an oversight.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

magistrasa

Re: Rider's Peak Needs A Chest and Writ

Post by magistrasa » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:57 pm

Rider's Peak is just one area, and it is right next to one of the most frequented grind spots in the Underdark. No one ever just goes to Rider's Peak, so I think it's more just an area designed to be passed through on your way to the spriggans. Maybe one day the area will get expanded upon - I do think it's a little odd that Rider's Peak isn't an optional location to visit via the wyvern riders in the Dark Heights - but as it is now, I don't think it needs anything else. It's got two bosses, and dragon's blood. That's good enough for me.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

CosmicOrderV
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by CosmicOrderV » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:22 pm

The portal as well, really. It feels like it has a purpose. That purpose just isnt directly a writ (even if it's portaling in to do other writs).
Aodh Lazuli wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:22 pm
I, too, struggle to know what is written in books without first reading them.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:16 am

Seems like the whole point is to funnel you into a small battle before you kill the gnomes so that you are not portaling straight into a dungeon. That being said it makes me think of the portal just outside the orc castle at cordor where there is a fight and a chest just after you portal in for your writ. That is also a low level writ and I think you need more help at those levels