Cannot connect (UDP Hole punch error)

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Brahtius

Cannot connect (UDP Hole punch error)

Post by Brahtius » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 am

Hello fine friends,

Starting randomly yesterday I started getting this error. I only get this error on the three main Arelith servers. I can connect to the PCCG fine. Here are some steps I have tried to rectify this error already:
  • Restarted computer.
    Restarted router.
    Factory reset router and left it unplugged for over 10 minutes.
    Uninstalled NWN:EE on Steam. Plus deleted every single NWN related file I could find on my computer before reinstalling.
    Forwarded the ports 5121, 5122 and 5123.
    Changed my username and the port in the .ini file.
    Validated steam files, restarted steam etc.
The strange thing is that if I disconnect from my wifi and hotspot my phone over 4G I can connect fine. But the issue is only isolated to the three main Arelith servers.

Please send halp.

naturaly

Re: Cannot connect (UDP Hole punch error)

Post by naturaly » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:17 am

Yesterday the server was in fact down like that for while. Maybe you had bad luck to try then?

Brahtius

Post by Brahtius » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:19 am

Its still persisting as I type.

Woper_The_Black

Post by Woper_The_Black » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:50 am

This is the identical same problem I am having right now.
I'm in australia and with westnet as an ISP, 2 nights ago I was playing around 6.30pm and then shortly after couldn't connect to the server. I switched off both my NBN and router overnight and that rest my IP address to a different one and restarted again the next day and still the same message. I have a main PC, laptop and surface pro and it doesn't matter which one I use I get the same message. I did the same thing and tethered my phone via hotspot and all devices work and i can log in, I went next door and used the wifi connection of a friend and got on with both the laptop and surface pro perfectly again. Spent 2 hours with my ISP last night getting them to check all they could and they say it's all good. I unplugged my router and connected both my main PC and laptop straight into the NBN and still the same message. Same as OP I can get into the PGCC fine, if anybody has a solution or suggestion I'd be grateful. I use eset security but doubt it's anything to do with that as I can log in from elsewhere with no issue. All other internet works perfectly, web sites, game sites etc. Could some small thing have changed with the servers somehow as it's seems quite specific to the 3 servers (but not the PGCC ?).

Brahtius

Post by Brahtius » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:11 am

I am also in Australia. I have installed a VPN and I am able to play using it. A bit of a hassle but I must stock my shop.