About this Project

This forum is for players and staff to work together to create an RPG Online Hanbook for Arelith

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

About this Project

Post by Irongron » Sat May 11, 2019 9:36 am

This is a new subforum of the Talent Show for the creation of a professionally produced online 'Player Handbook' for Arelith, in the style of and Pen & Paper RPG book, and containing everything one needs to know about playing on Arelith in a user friendly format.

With help from our players, both in writing and illustrating entries I am sure we can produce something most impressive. We already have a lot of art to choose from (with the help of Menter) and DM Titania has volunteered to curate this project.

It will be presented in the following sections:

New Player Guide

- Races
- Backgrounds
- Class
- Skills
- Start Locations

World Guide
- History
- Important Locations (And prominent NPCs)
- Guilds & Factions
- Faith & Orders

Appendix 1 - Items & Crafting
Appendix 2 - Spellcasting on Arelith
Appendix 3 - Quests, Adventure XP and RPR

By being concise, and having accompanying illustrations I hope to replicate the appearances of source books such as this one for Warhammer Fantasy RP

Its a big project, and hope that players can use this forum to submit entries for approval, any illustrations they've made and would like to use, or to offer their skills in producing a professional template for the web pages.

When complete this will placed as a link on our web page, and promoted to new players.

Borin Drakkmurl

Re: About this Project

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SFt ... sp=sharing

I started this a while ago, but because real life has kept me very busy, and I also wasn't sure it was needed or not, I just kind of dropped it.

Figured I'd leave it here anyway, in case anyone sees anything of interest they want to pick out of it.
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sat May 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Borin Drakkmurl wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SFt ... sp=sharing

I started this a while ago, but because real life has kept me very busy, and I also wasn't sure it was needed or not, I just kind of dropped it.

Figured I'd leave it here anyway, in case anyone sees anything of interest they want to pick out of it.
using it to doodle things, its good though
Yes I can sign

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sat May 11, 2019 9:16 pm

This is a great start, thank you!

Please remember just to drop anything you want considered in this thread and Titania can sift through it.

Not sure how you can contribute? Here are some ideas of what we could do with.

- Illustrations/sketches of races, classes, npcs, and locations, items - These will be put in boxes by the appropriate text. As we saw with the Yuan-ti and monk image we used for the recent updates, we have a fair bit of content already. More would be great though, and styles don't need to match.

- Text for any of the mechanical sections - for much of this we can use the wiki, but I don't plan on this being as exhaustive when it comes to mechanics. For items/recipes we can simply have a few of the best with illustrations, and a link to the wiki for more.

- Prose for the history section, or just very brief snippets of fiction to acoompany entries (an example here would be having a couple of lines about a rogue sneaking through a crowded room that could be used alongside the Move Silently/Hide entry in 'skills'

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Tue May 14, 2019 2:01 am

Oh, also, a few years ago I had done a whole thing for the Underdark.

Feel free to poke around and take whatever you want from it.

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1ygx7Iqx
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 am

Thanks! I'll look these over. I've already finished up a page for rock gnomes today.

Race pages at the moment are:

[*]Name of Race: I.E. Rock Gnome.
[*]Picture.
[*]Ability Adjustment
[*]Favored Class
[*]Language
[*]Weight
[*]Height
[*]Typical Alignment

Then in sections:

[*]Introduction & Description
[*]Personality & Outlook
[*]Society & Culture
[*]Religion & Deities
[*]Relations with Other Races
[*]NWN Creation (Mechanical Notes)
Please don't feed my sister.

Nevrus
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Nevrus » Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 am

I'm bored so I'm going to do the classes!

Barbarian
Key Mechanics at Level 20:
BAB: 20/15/10/5
HP: 240+20xConstitution
Saves: +12 Fort, +6 Reflex, +6 Will
Skills: 80 + 20xIntelligence: Craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, intimidate, listen, lore, parry, ride, taunt

Old Man on the Mountain
Nothing weak survives in the tundra of Skal. The forests, the plains, and especially the mountains are a constant battle against starvation, made only more dire by the biting cold. It's a land that should be left to beasts and monsters. Should.

They say on the mountain there's a man of grey hair and towering form, who wears only thin fur to keep himself from burning in the sun. According to the legend, he wrestles mountain lions with his bare hands, bathes in glacial water, and can knock a frost giant clean out with one good punch. One story says a dragon once angered him. None know the full story, but all know where the dragon's bones lay, half-buried by the snow.

The locals can't say for certain if this man is truly out there, but it's a custom of the trackers that hunt fur on the mountain to bring an extra keg of ale on their excursions to the peaks. Some days the keg doesn't come back with them.

Overview:
Some train for years to gain martial prowess, serving in military outfits or receiving the training of experienced mentors. For others, the strength already exists within, so long as they can work themselves up to the heat of the moment. Barbarians come in many varieties, from nomadic tribesmen to furious avengers to mad drunkards, but the one thing they all share in common is a deep rage that lifts them beyond the limits of mortal might. Barbarians are the hardiest adventurer you can find, and their ability to overcome adversity with white-hot determination is second to none, but the pursuits of might usually leave them ignorant to the deeper mysteries of the world, like philosophy, history, and law. Barbarians that live to old age usually accumulate a great deal of wisdom from experience alone, but they'd rather brave the cold nearly naked than read about it in some library.

Key Mechanics:
Rage - Barbarians can enter a rage for a short period of time, granting them great resilience and power. The rage lasts 2d4+Constitution rounds, and has a one minute cooldown after it ends. While raging, barbarians gain bonuses to melee weapon damage, armor class, movement speed, hit points, will saves, and attack. These bonuses start off small but increase drastically as they level up.
Fast Movement - Barbarians move faster than normal characters.
Damage Reduction - As Barbarians level up they gain the ability to ignore small amounts of physical damage from each attack against them.
Uncanny Dodge - Barbarians don't lose their Dexterity bonus to AC if they're ambushed, and they gain a bonus to reflex saves to avoid traps, increasing as they level up.
Drunken Might - Barbarians gain bonus strength when they're drunk, and retain it as long as they remain drunk. The bonus will reduce for a few minutes if they become sober before disappearing unless they become drunk again.

Path Option: Tribesman
Barbarians who choose this path forego the ability to rage in favor of traveling with two companions they can call on to help in battle. The companions level up alongside the barbarian and are incredibly proficient with the axes they wield.
Ganus- Riding the Isle (Active)
Aura Bigstep - Got Out Ahead (Retired)
Egos Ironhide - Shelved
Consult a medical professional before believing anything Nevrus says.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 am

Thought I'd drop in A thing of my favourite class - The Druid

Druid
Key Mechanics at level 20:
BAB : 15/10/5
HP 160+Constitution Modifier
Saves: +12 Fort +6 Reflex +12 Will
Skills: 80 + 20xIntelligence: animal empathy, concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, heal, lore, parry, persuade, spellcraft

The Wildling
Deep within the Arelith Archpeligo's coast lies the Darkheart Jungle, Untamed, Raw and tempting for any big game hunter to take down a few Tigers to sell to exotic collectors for good Coin.

I wouldent go into those Jungles if I were you hunter, Other than the beasties themselves 'an the Lizardfolk, sure y'might be able to handle those, But there's somethin' wrong in those entanglin' woods.

Th'other Trappers say it moves withou' a trace, More 'en a few of us 'ave gone to line up a shot, only fer' a gust of wind t'knock us on our arses, N'a few times we've been trapped by th'damn plants wrappin' around our ankles.

It's a damned Witch in those Jungles, Stoppin' us from huntin' Game. N'if you get lucky? Well Rodney got n'killed one of them' Tigers out there, Biggun' too.....Died two days later from poison...

Overview
Akin to a Cleric, A Druid is one who serves Nature and the Vague concept known as "The Balance". Drawing on great reserves of Willpower, Great strength and Magics are at their command. Able to rain lightning from the sky and bind feet with Root and Vine, Before taking Beastial-Forms to Fight in. Wherever Life can be found, So too can Druids be found defending it and making right what wrongs were done to the natural world.

Key Mechanics
Spellcasting - A Druid gains full spellcasting as a Divine Caster. Using their WISDOM modifier, A score of 19 is required to cast the highest tier of Druid spells.
Animal Companion - A druid gains a lifelong companion which grows in power as they do, which can help them in both combat and day to day life.
Wildshaping - A druid upon gaining sufficient strength, Can take the forms of Animals and use their Might, Cunning or Grace to defend against natures perverters
Venom Immunity - A druids connection to nature will protect them from Poisons, both mundane and magical upon reaching level 9
Elemental Shape - When a Druid begins to near the Zenith of their power (16) They can attune to the fundamentals of the world, and take form of mighty Elementals to lay waste to those who threaten Nature.
Spontaneous Casting - A Druid can call upon summoned creatures at any time, burning a spell of similar level to bring forth a Summon of the same Tier, no matter their Form.

Path Option: Totem Druid
Druids whom choose to make a Bond with a specific totem animal may give up a portion of their natural strength, grace and hardiness to gain a far more powerful Wildshape Form, that can be called upon an unlimited number of times per day, And which grows in power as the druid does.
Each Totem Animal also gifts the druid specific benefits in return for their sacrifice of choosing a totem.
Their Animal Companion and Summoned Creatures will also appear as the same animal the druid has bound himself to as a Totem.
The Totems
Wolf (predator): +2 str, +2 dex, +2 spot, +2 hide, +2 move silently
Panther (sneak): +4 dex, +4 hide, +4 move silently
Spider (cunning): +2 int, immunity: poison, immunity: paralysis
Parrot (beauty): +4 cha, +8 perform
Eagle (nobility): +2 cha, +12 spot
Bear (brawn): +4 str, +4 con
Raven (lore): +2 int, +8 listen, +10 lore
Bat (mystery): +12 listen, Amplify 5 uses/day
Rat (creativity): +4 int, immunity: disease
Snake (grace): +2 dex, +2 cha, immunity: disease, immunity: poison
Howling around all year long

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed May 15, 2019 12:01 am

just doodling with the starter like i mentioned but here is the first few pages spell checked and dabbled with for text size font etc.

not sure if its something you like but never know @DM Titania

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Akv55ibO8zkUwHDYse_zO1GsT1eF
Yes I can sign

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 am

Another thing I need is art, I.E. for the races, a picture of each one. Right now NWN screenshots are being used as placeholders. For race they all use just one, so would need a picture of each sub-race. We are using homebrewery for this, by the way!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:55 pm

My ambitious plan this weekend is to knock out text for all of the races, but the wiki lacks anything on humans. Naturally they vary highly, but it would be nice to get some generalist text to fit with the sections. If someone wants to provide something in the following format, that would be excellent. If there's room I'll detail some of the ethnic groups (Rashemi/Thayan) in very brief descriptions.

[*]Personality & Outlook
[*]Society & Culture
[*]Religion & Deities

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:50 am

Tall and short. Civilized and barbaric. Meek and mighty. Humans exist across all of Toril, and hold an extremely wide array of cultures, systems of government, and ways of life. If you walk a hundred miles without meeting a human, you're probably in the Hordelands.

Many consider humans to be the new masters of the world, because of how rapidly they've conquered niches for themselves throughout the whole of Toril. Once, it was dragons; then it was elves; but with the rise of the ancient Netherese empire, humans rose to a position of prominence they've never truly declined from, sometimes through diplomacy and co-existence but most often through warfare.

It could be said that the most defining feature of humanity is its diversity. While dwarves, elves, and hin hold ancient customs and tend towards preferring certain ways of life, humans pride their individuality, and any sense of belonging to a greater whole is usually regional or by profession, rather than some sort of racial unity. No race has killed as many humans as other humans.

Of the primary surface races, they're the most numerous, and among the most short-lived. Only the mistrusted half-orcs have shorter lifespans. Despite this shortcoming, they've created countless countries and empires, and are approaching the greatness once wrought by the elves in their time of domination. Other races tend to see humanity as short-sighted, but with their ever-rising power, this belief will soon be tested.

[*]Personality & Outlook

The one uniting factor in humanity is a general belief in individuality- which could also be its most dividing factor. Humans have short lives, and they live in a dangerous world, and most live in poverty. This weakness has given humanity a drive to succeed in spite of the odds, and among adventurers they are by far the most numerous.

Humans that aspire to greatness have many avenues to achieve it. Some seek economic power, becoming merchants. Others seek political power, becoming leaders and generals. Others seek martial power, and these humans tend to either join a military or mercenary outfit, or become the adventurers that are so common across the realm.

Humans that aspire to greatness tend to also work as quickly as they can to achieve it. They only have about thirty or forty years after reaching maturity before their bodies start to fail, and this impatience tends to make them less risk-averse than other races, and also more prone to cheating.

[*]Society & Culture
Humans couldn't be said to have a culture that unites them, because local custom and history forms them differently throughout the entirety of Toril.

A few common cultural origins are:
The Sword Coast - The western coast of the western continent of Faerun, near where Arelith is located. It's a land of great adventure, as it is still being settled to this day. From desert Calimshan to oligarchial Amn to the schemes of Baldur's Gate to the opulence of Waterdeep to the snow-beleaguered Neverwinter, this land produces a great number of humans seeking fame and fortune.
The Dalelands - Centrally located in Faerun, the Dalelands are a place of ancient history and lurking dangers. It was here that elves and humans came together to make a compact of peace and co-existence called the Dalelands Reckoning, from which calendars were derived until the local Arelith Reckoning calendar came into vogue. The ancient city of Myth Drannor is long destroyed, but the ruin's danger still harries local humans.
Thay - Located in the Unapproachable East, Thay is an empire on the rise. Ruled by a ruthless magocracy, Thay seeks to expand its influence to the far corners of Toril and one day take hold of everything. Its Red Wizards are unwelcome guests in many corners of the world, but their trade in magic items isn't one that can be turned away.
Icewind Dale - At the northwest corner of Faerun, near the orc-infested mountain range called the Spine of the World, lies a frozen tundra inhabited by tribal and hearty peoples. Barbarian tribes hunt wild game, snowy beasts stalk the snows, and the industrious people of the Ten Towns find what solace they can from nearby icy lakes. People are brought together by harsh winters.
Kara-Tur - East of the Unapproachable East, at the other end of the boundless Hordelands, lies Kara-Tur. It is a place of propriety and savagery, ancient custom and sudden betrayal. Being on what seems like the opposite end of the world, few venture to Arelith from this place, but it's not unheard of.
[*]Religion & Deities
Human deities are like humans: Diverse and ambitious. They worship the most deities of any race, and often take time to make prayers and sacrifices to evil deities to avoid their wrath. A few notable deities:
Tyr, the God of Justice, the Even-Handed. He inspires humans to heroism in the name of good.
Bane, the God of Fear and Tyranny. He inspires humans to conquer and control.
Chauntea, Goddess of the Earth and Agriculture. She inspires humans to tend for the world around them.
Shar, Goddess of Night and Loss. She inspires humans to take vengeance against those who wrong them, but also offers comfort for those who have lost.
Selune, Goddess of the Moon. She inspires humans to hold fast against the darkness and shine light where there is none.
Lathander, God of the Sun. He inspires humans to care for one another.
Cyric, God of Madness and Murder. He inspires humans to destroy.
Mystra, Goddess of Magic. She inspires humans to seek knowledge of the world and the magic that makes it up.
Human relations vary greatly depending on the current political climate and local ambitions, but the dichotomy of this can be expressed in a few words.
Elves: Elves are suspicious of humans, who once betrayed them after elves taught them magic. They see humans as impatient, somewhat crude, and fleeting. But elves will respect humans who prove themselves reliable, and who do not overconsume the land's bounty.
Dwarves: Dwarves and humans tend to get along well, because both have economic pursuits. In many areas, humans provide food while dwarves provide tools; humans provide lumber while dwarves provide weapons and armor; humans provide knowledge from far-off places while dwarves defend the local region vigorously. They could be described as rivals, and sometimes war with one another.
Hin: Hin fit in well in human societies, being able to blend in well because of similar outlooks. Hin keep their closest secrets to themselves, however, and are quite used to being mistreated by humans- and surreptitiously seeking vengeance, be it in coin or blood.
Half-Orcs: Many humans see half-orcs as misbred abominations, reminders of something terrible happening to someone else, a curse. Humans often mistrust these souls, and often drive them away with prejudice. A few are more welcoming, however.
Half-Elves: Half-elves fit in better in human society than their orcish cousins, mostly because of their more pleasant appearance. Half-elves outlive humans, and tend to be a little more patient- but humans also don't treat them quite like any ordinary, and this sense of alienation tends to grate on half-elves.
Humans receive an additional feat for free at level one, starting with a total of two feats in addition to any granted by class.
Humans receive four extra skill points at level one, and an additional skill point at each higher level, as if their intelligence were two points higher.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:00 pm

Thanks!

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 12:17 am

Bard
BAB: 15/10/5
HP: 120+20xConstitution
Saves: +6 Fort, +12 Reflex, +12 Will
Skills: 80 + 20xIntelligence: Appraise, bluff, concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, hide, listen, lore, move silently, parry, perform, persuade, pick pocket, spellcraft, taunt, tumble, use magic device

Baelin's Dirge
I never met Baelin. No one in our town has; he hasn't even stepped foot in this country. But we all know of his deeds.

The chords that hang in the air remind us the world is worse for his loss. The melody implied joyous adventure at the start, but soon took a dire turn. The lyrics told us of his might, of his valor, of his deep love of dogs. When we hear that tune, carried to us by his friend, we weep; we become the tombstones that mark his memory. But no sorrow the song expresses will ever match that carried by the minstrel who played it for us.

She came into town nearly copperless, with worn shoes and dusty armor. But when she plays that viol and sings, we stop what we're doing, we laugh, we cry, we 'feel.' That's the art that woman wields; not mere musicianship, but the essence of the heart, something that pervades the entire world. She has a house here now, and people come from all over to gather by her porch and listen. Feel.

To get a taste of the wondrous and terrible things she's seen, a taste they'd never get in their everyday lives.

Overview:
The multiverse was not created with a hammer but with a song. It is a work of art constantly being changed to reflect the times, and the resonant notes of its forging ring forward through creation even to this day, waiting for those with good ears and keen instincts for showmanship to shepherd them back into full view. Bards aren't just musicians; anyone who's practiced a bit can play those. They are painters on the canvas of reality, stockpiles of great oral and musical records of the past, present, and future. Bards train in wielding weapons and wearing armor so they can see the world and incorporate their experience into their art, be it song, dance, painting, sculpting, or any other number of performative acts that communicate emotion. They tap into reality to produce magical effects, and inspire their allies and befuddle their enemies with displays of performance.

Key Mechanics:
Bardic Knowledge - Bards add their level to any lore checks made to identify magic items.
Bard Song - Bards can inspire themselves and their allies to greater heights through performance. The effects increase with level, along with the Perform skill required to activate the higher-tier effects.
Spellcasting - Bards are capable of casting up to sixth level spells as they level up. Their spells focus on enhancing allies and disabling enemies, as well as some sound-based attacks. They require a charisma of at least 16 to cast all spells. Charisma also increases the difficulty of resisting the bard's spells and the number of spells that can be cast per day.
Bards know a specific selection of spells they select as they level up, and can cast them in any combination, so long as they have spell slots remaining.

Path Option: Warlock
At character creation, non-good bards can choose to become Warlocks, an entirely different class with separate mechanics. See the Warlock entry for information on warlocks.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:21 am

Cleric
HP: 160+20xConstitution
Saves: +12 Fort, +6 Reflex, +12 Will
Skills: 40 + 20xIntelligence: Concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, heal, lore, parry, persuade, spellcraft

The Appeasement
Gods demand sacrifice. For some, like Llolth, that's more literal than figurative.

And sacrifice the drow of Andunor must. The Spider Queen's favor determines their houses' positions. Displease her, and another house will take all they have. Fail to please her as much as the other houses, the same result. Her priestesses work tirelessly to gain her favor, her gifts, her attention. They sacrifice slaves on the altar; they sacrifice enemies on the altar; they sacrifice the weak members of their own house on the altar, all to avoid the wrath of their capricious goddess.

The priestesses who truly form a connection gain power for their adoration and submission. The power to restore, the power to destroy, the power to enhance, the power to cripple. Power over others. Borrowed power, for it is only through Llolth they can use these gifts, and to lose her favor means to lose this power as well. Most likely it also means to lose their lives as a rival takes their place.

To keep their society moving, the altar runs red. If the blood ever dried, surely a catastrophic reckoning would come.

Overview:
The gods stand above all. They have great power over reality, and while they have been known to step foot on Toril or send avatars to do so, they mostly enact their more overt objectives through faithful agents. Those who demonstrate great insight and spend many months in prayer sometimes find their prayers are answered more directly, and arise as clerics- direct conduits of the power of the gods to the material realm. While faithful priests might preach and provide physical services, clerics are called above and beyond, and granted incredible power in exchange for their constant devotion and ceaseless drive to see their deity's will done. Clerics typically train in heavier armor, shields, and simple weapons to be effective combatants, but beyond the large array of miracles they can work, clerics of different faiths tend to have entirely different outlooks, preferences, and duties to the world.

Key Mechanics:
Turn Undead - Clerics can raise their holy symbol to make nearby undead flee in terror. Stronger undead can be affected as the cleric levels up, and having a high Charisma score increases the uses and effect of this ability. Using it will sometimes outright destroy very weak undead.
Spellcasting - Clerics are capable of casting up to 9th level spells as they level up. They have a variety of spells to cast, but make excellent healers or necromancers. They require a wisdom of at least 19 to cast all spells. Wisdom also increases the difficulty of resisting the bard's spells and the number of spells that can be cast per day.
Clerics have access to every Cleric spell, but must prepare specific spells in their spellbook each rest in order to cast them. Spells can be changed out every rest if desired. Spells of seventh, eighth, ninth, and epic level cost Piety to use.
Clerics can spontaneously cast Cure Wounds or Inflict Wound spells, using an appropriate spell slot. This will prevent the cleric from casting the spell converted into these spells.
Domains: Clerics select two domains upon taking their first cleric level, which is intended to represent their deity's unique portfolio. This is not enforced on Arelith, and any cleric may select any domains they wish.
Domains grant expanded spell lists, and sometimes confer other helpful effects.
Domain List:
Air - Lightning spells, can turn Elementals in addition to Undead
Animal - Enhancing spells, summons higher-tier creatures when using Summon Creature spells
Death - Killing spells, able to summon a shadow to fight, Inflict Wounds and Harm spells deal more damage
Destruction - Painful cloud spells, able to damage constructs with Turn Undead
Earth - Defensive spells, can turn Elementals in addition to Undead
Evil - Negative energy spells, can turn Outsiders in addition to Undead
Fire - Fire spells, can turn Elementals in addition to Undead
Good - Defensive and summoning spells, able to turn Outsiders in addition to Undead
Healing - Healing spells, Cure Wounds, Heal/Mass Heal, and Circle of Healing spells heal more damage
Knowledge - Divination/Information Gathering/Detecting Spells
Magic - Wizardly spells
Plant - Defensive and insect spells, able to turn Vermin in addition to Undead
Protection - Defensive spells, able to give self a shield that requires attackers to make Will saves to attack
Strength - Combat spells, able to improve own strength dramatically for a time
Sun - Sun spells, able to turn more and stronger creatures
Travel - Movement hindering and enhancing spells
Trickery - Invisibility spells, able to enhance own rogue-like skills for a time
War - Enhancing spells, able to become more effective at physical combat for a time
Water - Cold spells, able to turn Elementals as if they were Undead

Path Option: Healer
Clerics who wish to focus intensely on healing wounds can choose to become a Healer. They lose all armor proficiencies and all weapon proficiencies except Simple, and can never regain these proficiencies.
Bless, Circle of Healing, and Mass Heal are enhanced.
They can spontaneously cast Circle of Healing, Heal, and Mass Heal just like Cure Wounds spells.
Healing a target over their maximum hit points creates a shield of temporary hit points for the excess, with a total cap based on cleric level. Regeneration will continuously refresh this shield, otherwise it eventually fades.
They can cast Resurrection or Raise Dead on a living target to give them a one minute Lifeline that will prevent them from dying and restore them to the appropriate hit point total upon taking fatal damage.
At very high levels they can create a field for a short period of time that prevents all crowd control effects and prevents all creatures inside from dying. On expiration, this field heals all allies for a large amount.
Last edited by Nevrus on Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:04 am

Fighter
HP: 200+20xConstitution
Skills: 40 + 20xIntelligence: Concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, lore, parry, ride

Arena Day
Cordor's Arena doesn't host events often, but when it does, the seats are packed. Everyone always comes out to see one man, who calls himself Mr. Everything. To watch in amazement as he demonstrates to the masses the difference between a greenhorn warrior and one who's mastered war enough to give Tempus a run for his money.

Mr. Everything always put on a show. With a scimitar, he could send his opponent's weapon flying into the hands of whoever in the crowd cheered the loudest at the time. With a mace he could knock a man out in one blow. With a quarterstaff he could keep a man from standing up for ten minutes straight. With a greatsword, he could win with the first strike - not even making contact, just coming close enough to the neck so quickly that the other guy surrendered immediately.

Some fights he went out with a dagger and danced around, never taking a blow, batting the heaviest weapons away with the little poker. Sometimes he went out unarmed and beat the other guy senseless barehanded. Sometimes enemies attack him six at once, and he cuts them all down with one fell cleave. There was no battle he couldn't win with a sword, except the never-ending war with the bankers over just how much money they were shoveling into the Nomad on his tab.

Overview:
When monsters roam the hills, when thieves prowl the streets, when enemy nations come knocking- when enemy nations need a knocking on their home front- men take up arms, as mercenaries, guards, noble scions, independent explorers, soldiers, or pure students of battle for the sake of battle. Those who can call themselves Fighters don't simply wield weapons; they become weapons, they become shields, they become war. They're distinguished from layman warriors by their pure dedication to the art of combat, and their relentless search to perfect their skills and their equipment. A senior fighter has learned a dizzying array of combat styles, martial arts, techniques, and strategies to make things they want dead die and to make themselves and their friends live. Master archers, lightly armored dervishes, adamant-clad juggernauts, persistent bounty hunters, gawdy gladiators, and more are examples of what forms fighters can take.

Key Mechanics:
Combat Bonuses - As fighters level up, they gain improved AC for armor, helmets, and shields, and improved AB and damage when wielding weapons. They also receive bonus strength or dexterity at certain levels, based on which is higher.
Bonus Feats - Fighters gain an extra feat from a list of combat-related feats at level one, two, and every even level thereafter. These feats can add up to make fighters extremely deadly and resilient, capable of exploiting a variety of weaknesses. They must meet the requirements of the feat to take it.
Important Feats on this list:
Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization - Improves attack bonus and damge with chosen weapon.
Ambidexterity, Two Weapon Fighting, Improved Two Weapon Fighting - Allows the fighter to effectively wield two weapons at once.
Expertise, Improved Expertise - Allows the fighter to sacrifice attack to gain an equal amount of Armor Class, allowing them to avoid blows that would otherwise hit.
Power Attack, Improved Power Attack - Allows the fighter to sacrifice attack to gain an equal amount of damage on hit, allowing them to utterly crush enemies that aren't proficient at defending from blows.
Knockdown, Improved Knockdown, Called Shot, Disarm, Improved Disarm - Combat techniques that disable enemies that have low Discipline.
Cleave, Great Cleave - Allows the fighter to continue attacking when he kills an opponent, potentially killing a large amount of weak enemies in a single round.
Whirlwind Attack - Allows a fighter to attack all nearby enemies at once.
Weapon Finesse - Allows a dexterous fighter to use dexterity in place of strength for attacks, but not damage.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:49 am

Monk
BAB: 15/10/5 (15/12/9/6/3 for
Saves: +12 Fort, +12 Reflex, +12 Will
Skills: 80 + 20xIntelligence: Concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, hide, listen, lore, move silently, parry, persuade, tumble

Peace in the Desert
Getting lost in Sibayad is almost certain death, but sometimes as the water runs dry and consciousness starts to fade, a kindly man appears and carries travelers to the ruins of a fortress. Those sandy halls are sparsely appointed, but they're cool in the heat and there's water handy. Man or monster, saint or murderer, they all get the same treatment. He gives them food and understanding with a gentle smile, and makes conversation to ease troubled hearts.

But woe betide those who make trouble in that place. They'll find themselves handily tossed out like an apple core, and if they return to seek vengeance, they'll find him effortlessly elusive and effortlessly deadly. With a tap of a finger here or a toe there, bodies break down and crumble into heaps of useless flesh. If still they swear vengeance it will be denied them; with but a touch their soul enters the fugue.

Overview:
What is perfection? Is it something that can be made? Is it something that is? Monks believe perfection can only come from within. To obtain spiritual actualization, they push their bodies and souls to the absolute limits of discipline and skill. Through the martial arts they practice dedication and determination. Through meditation and reflection they practice control and mindfulness. Every step they take, they try to take it better than the last, in an endless pursuit of perfecting their body, mind, and soul. Proficient monks become masters of hand-to-hand combat and certain weapons, become immune to poison and disease and even a great deal of hostile magic, move as swift as the wind, are as difficult to move as the earth, are as difficult to stop as fire, and as hard to hold as water, and as mysterious as the dark side of the moon. They can catch arrows bare-handed, knock an opponent senseless with one strike, and master monks can even kill with a touch. The most powerful monks transcend mortality to an extent.

Key Mechanics:
Martial Arts - Monks receive their Wisdom bonus to armor class when not wearing armor, attack more frequently when unarmed or wielding monk weapons, and gain bonus armor class as they level.
Flurry of Blows - Monks can take a small attack penalty to attack an additional time using their highest attack bonus for the round.
Bonus Feats - As they level, monks receive Evasion, Improved Evasion, Improved Unarmed Strike, Knockdown, Improved Knockdown, Uncanny Dodge, Blinding Speed, and Epic Dodge for free.
Stunning Fist - Once per rest per monk level, monks can attempt to stun a target with an unarmed attack. The fortitude save to resist this stun is based on the monk's level and wisdom modifier.
Deflect Arrows - Monks can avoid the first ranged weapon attack made against them each round with a successful DC 20 reflex save.
Monk Speed - Every 3 levels, monks gain 10% movement speed, to a maximum of 50% at level 15. On Arelith, characters can't move faster than this, even if hasted.
Still Mind, Purity of Body, Diamond Body - Monks receive bonuses to will saves, and become immune to poison and non-magical disease.
Wholeness of Body - Monks can recover hit points equal to their Wisdom modifier times their Monk level every ten minutes. This also removes a number of negative effects.
Ki Strike - Monk unarmed attacks become magical for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction, increasing up to +5 at level 20. Additionally, as they level up they receive bonus attack and damage when unarmed or using a monk weapon.
Diamond Soul - Monks have permanent spell resistance that improves as they gain more monk levels.
Quivering Palm - Once per day, a monk can attempt to slay a target with a touch. The fortitude DC is based on class level and Wisdom modifier.
Empty Body - For one round per monk level, enemies have a 50% chance to miss the monk when attacking them. This is on a five minute cooldown.
Perfect Self - At level 20, monks become transcendant, gaining glowing eyes that reflect their alignment. They also reduce all non-magic physical damage taken by 20.
Tongue of the Sun and Moon: Monks gain a bonus to understanding languages they don't understand based on their monk level. At high enough levels this allows them to automatically understand all languages with perfect accuracy. This does not allow them to speak those languages.
Weapon Focus: Monks gain Weapon Focus in monk weapons for free every four levels. This includes clubs, kama, quarterstaves, and katanas. They also gain Exotic Weapon Proficiency when they gain weapon focus in Katana, and at level 28 they gain proficiency in all weapons. At level 26, they gain epic weapon focus in all of these weapons and Unarmed, and at level 28 they also gain Improved Critical in all of these weapons. This does NOT grant monks weapon focus in Unarmed.
Weapon Specialization: At high levels, monks can gain weapon specialization in a weapon they have weapon focus in, and later Epic Weapon Specialization in a weapon they have epic weapon focus in. These can be two different weapons.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:25 am

Paladin
Skills: 40 + 20xIntelligence: concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, lore, parry, persuade, ride, taunt

Benwick
Do you believe in evil? If you don't, slap yourself. It's real. It can be seen. It can be felt. It can whisper temptations, and eat you. It has to be fought constantly to keep from getting out of control, and sometimes it still gets out of control. Just look at Benwick.

Used to be a nice town. Orderly, purposeful, protected. But the town was never built to be a nice town; it was built to plug a hole to somewhere bad. A hole that couldn't be plugged, so the only way to deal with it was to send good men at it to die, over and over and over again. The men they sent were righteous, they were willing, they exalted in every strike they made against the darkness, and when they finally succumbed to the endless tide, they died fighting and smiling, to be replaced by the next schmuck.

Benwick's not a nice town any more. Eventually it became too much, but they never gave up; they just kept fighting, until the place was a ruin. And they kept fighting after that, until they became decorations of that ruin. And more keep coming to keep fighting, to keep what was kept there... Kept there. Everyone calls those folks 'knights in shining armor,' but they have the dirtiest job in Faerun. If the gods weren't on their side, and if they weren't willing to keep up that pointless fight, you'd really, REALLY believe in evil.

Overview:
Chivalry. Heroism. Leadership. Righteousness. These are the things that paladins are known for far and wide, the reputation they prefer to garner among the populace to go about their business in peace, but the true meaning of a paladin is sacrifice. To give up the self to help the many, to suffer indignities and tortures to spare others from them, to live a life fighting the most dangerous creatures in the multiverse so that little Timmy can sleep with his dog in the farm house at night, free from the belly of a fiend. Paladins don't choose the life, even if they sometimes think they do; they're instead chosen for their zeal, wisdom, and determination by the gods they revere, and find their way into the tutelage of a senior paladin who teaches them the importance of faith, how to fight, and how to struggle through the worst the universe has to offer. They train in heavy armor, shields, and martial weapons, and soon learn how to call upon the miracles of their god to aid them in battle or heal the wounded and sick. Holy crusaders, paragons of virtue, fearless leaders, and devotees of justice and peace- every paladin is supposed to be all of these and more. Few achieve a perfect record, but they all die trying.

Key Mechanics:
Divine Grace - Paladins receive their Charisma modifier as a bonus to all saves.
Divine Health - Paladins are immune to disease.
Lay on Hands - Every ten minutes a paladin can heal a number of hit points equal to their charisma modifier times their class level to themselves or another creature, or use this to deal damage to an undead creature.
Aura of Courage - Paladins are immune to fear.
Smite Evil - Once per day a paladin can attempt a mighty blow against a creature of evil alignment. If the creature is evil, the attack gains a bonus equal to the paladin's charisma modifier, and the damage gains a bonus equal to the paladin's level.
Remove Disease - Once per rest, paladins can instantly cure a disease from a target with a touch.
Turn Undead - Paladins can attempt to make undead flee in fear. Charisma modifier increases the effects and the number of times this can be used, and level also increases the effects. Undead that are much weaker than the paladin can be destroyed outright.
Optional - Paladins who take the Power Attack feat can take the Divine Might and Divine Shield feats, which allows them to turn uses of Turn Undead into divine damage bonus or AC, scaling with their charisma modifier.
Detect Evil - Paladins can attempt to detect evil by spending xp and piety. Evil creatures who fail a will save based on the paladin's Wisdom modifier alert the paladin that there's evil nearby.
Bonus Wisdom - Every seven levels, paladins gain +1 permanent wisdom, as if they had spent an ability score increase on it.
Spellcasting - Paladins gain the ability to cast spells up to fourth level at higher levels. To cast all their spells paladins require a wisdom of 14. Any save DCs are wisdom-based, and high wisdom increases the number of spells that can be cast per day.
Paladins have access to all their spells, but must prepare them every rest. The layout of spells can be changed between every rest.
Notable Spells:
Bless Weapon - This spell enchants a weapon with an enhancement bonus that scales with paladin levels, up to +5 at level 26. It also adds divine damage against Outsiders at level 13 and Dragons at level 18.
Aura of Glory - If the character has majority paladin levels, this spell lasts hours per level. This spell grants the paladin +4 charisma.
Deafening Clang - This spell adds scaling sonic damage to the enchanted weapon for rounds/level. It maxes out at +7 damage.
Holy Sword - This spell can be applied to a weapon to make it a powerful Holy Avenger, a +5 weapon that deals bonus damage to evil creatures and attempts to dispel magic on hit.
Magic Circle vs Alignment - Allows the paladin to grant bonus AC, saves, and will saves vs mind affecting spells to themselves and nearby allies.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:19 am

Cool! I haven't decided on the style for classes yet, but I like it. Keep them coming.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:49 pm

Our lightfoot halfling section is a little thin on the wiki. If you want to add some background lore under: Society or Personality and description, that would be helpful

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:48 pm

Society:
Lightfoot Halflings are the most commonly seen race of hin, and for simple reasons - they are the most spread out and integrated with human society. Lightfoots are known for their curiosity, hospitality, and wanderlust, and this has led them to generally fall in one of three categories. Generally, regardless of which category a hin falls into, their local community will be lead by a council of elders and priests of Yondalla's Children working to see the whole community prosper.

The first category live in their own communities near the settlements of other races and interact with them regularly. These hin are usually rural farmers or artisans that trade with their neighbors for goods they can't easily acquire or produce. They benefit from their host nation's protection and trade, but keep their own customs and rustic aesthetic.

The second category live in human communities, directly integrating with it. Acting as laborers for jobs that don't require heavy lifting, messengers, merchants, and any other number or professions, they tend to act much like humans- but they keep their closest feelings and truest intentions for other hin. Sometimes there are lightfoot neighborhoods in these cities where they can keep a sense of community with their people.

The final category are the nomadic caravaneers. These traders move from place to place regularly, an entire clan making up one caravan and families usually living in the same wagon. These hin trade goods from far off places, work trades and entertainment when they stop through a town, and are always ready to pack up and leave if they're mistreated. These hin tend to have the greatest sense of the world at large because of how much of it they see.

Appearance and Personality
Halflings are known for and named after their small stature. Typically halflings stand around three feet tall, give or take a few inches, and weigh a little under thirty-five pounds. They resemble humans in proportion, but tend towards darker hair and eyes, and males usually have trouble growing full beards.

Lightfoot personality is one of dualities they dance between as suits their fancy. Typically they desire comfort and community, but any day they might be overcome with a desire for discovery and curiosity that can take them away from home for days or decades. They tend towards hospitality to others because of how often they depend on other races to get by, but they're more than willing to isolate their community by force if they feel they're mistreated. They tend towards being joyous and some might say even immature at times, but when they want to avoid danger they tend to be hard to notice or appear harmless until they have the upper hand, with grim determination.

Perhaps the most distinguishing feature of hin life is their natural luck. This makes them brave and calm in the face of danger, as they're sure things will work out. It also makes them less risk-averse than other races if they think they have something significant to gain out of it. They have a tendency to discover valuable trinkets and hoard them as family heirlooms, but they typically don't seek significant wealth or glory unless it acts as a means to help their friends, family, or community.

Of all the races, Lightfoot hin deal most regularly in the unexpected, and to underestimate them is to set yourself up for a nasty surprise.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:46 am

Ranger
Skills: 120 + 20xIntelligence: animal empathy, concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, hide, listen, lore, move silently, parry, ride, search, set trap, spot

The Tunnels
Ever-shifting, those endless caverns. One purple wurm in the wrong place and the maps have to be re-written. If you're not willing to wait for reliable information that may be outdated by the time you get it, you might as well hire the woman who makes the maps to take you through.

She's a tough sort. Been in the Darks her whole life. Knows what's two miles away by smell, they say. Knows what crawls through these rotten crevices, and knows how to kill it. Her favorite prey, when she gets the opportunity, is man. Tracks them up through the surface, into their towns, into their homes, and puts them down for trespassing. Can't get away from her when she's got the trail, and she always gets the trail.

Whether you're traveling on business or safari, she's the guide for you.

Overview:
The wild places of the world always conspire to destroy civilization, and civilization always conspires to destroy the wild places. Walking the line between these two extremes is the Ranger, an agile survivalist that can channel natural magic to keep their territory in one piece. Usually proficient in fighting with two weapons, archery, traps, and beast-taming, rangers guard nature from invasive humanoids, and help humanoids traverse it without destroying anything irreplaceable. Their greatest talents are their knowledge of geography, and if they have home-field advantage and time to set up, a single ranger could lay down a deadly ambush for an entire group of invaders. They tend towards being solitary, as they spend much of their time out in the wilderness they master, but they're known to gather in small groups or assist druids when the opportunity presents itself. Game-wardens, bounty-hunters, scouts, outcasts, loners, naturalists, cartographers, explorers, guides- any who find thrill in the hunt and feel at home in nature might choose to become a Ranger.

Key Mechanics:
Favored Enemy - As they level up, rangers choose a number of Favored Enemies - types of creatures they know particularly well. They gain bonuses to damage against their favored enemies, as well as bonuses to track and detect them.
Dual-Wield - Rangers are proficient at wielding two weapons. As long as they're wearing light armor, they gain the benefits of Two-Weapon Fighting and Ambidexterity without having to take those feats. They also gain a bonus to armor class for dual-wielding as they level up, and eventually gain a second off-hand attack as part of this benefit.
Trackless Step - Rangers are stealthier when in wilderness areas.
Woodland Stride - Rangers become immune to natural movement-imparing effects.
Uncanny Dodge - Rangers do not lose their dexterity bonus to armor class when ambushed.
Evasion - Rangers gain the ability to avoid all damage if they succeed on a reflex save for half damage from an effect.
Hide in Plain Sight - In natural areas, rangers can enter stealth even when directly observed.
Studied Enemies - Every five levels of Ranger allows them to study additional favored enemies so long as they've killed one hundred of the target.
Tracking - Rangers can study tracks left by players at area transitions to learn information about who passed by. They can use the -tracks command to determine the kinds of enemies in an area and the area's balance of civilization, which druids can alter but cannot detect.
Animal Empathy - Rangers can have two dominated animals using Animal Empathy as long as 3/4 of their levels are ranger.
Animal Companion - Rangers eventually attract an animal to serve as a loyal friend and follower that levels up as they do.
Spellcasting - Rangers can cast divine spells at high enough level. In order to cast all their spells, they require a Wisdom score of 14, and they can cast spells up to 4th level. Wisdom score improves the number of spells that can be cast per day as well as the DC of any effects. Rangers have access to all of their spells, but must prepare a list ahead of time. They can change their spells each rest.
Notable Spells:
Blade Thirst enchants a ranger's weapon to have a scaling enhancement bonus and heal them on hit.
Greater Magic Fang enchants an animal companion with scaling armor class, attack, and damage.
Camouflage and One With the Land improve a ranger's stealthiness and trap-setting abilities.

Path Option: Archer
Rangers wishing to specialize entirely in the bow can choose to become Archers, losing all dual-wield feats including AC bonuses in exchange for extreme proficiency with bows and the ability to create ammunition every day.

Bonus Feats: Rapid Reload, Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, Called Shot
Craft Ammunition: Iron, Steel, Damask
Bonus damage: +2, Up to +8 at level 28.

Option: Totem Ranger
Rangers can choose a totem that will change all of their summons to be a certain kind of animal. This is cosmetic only save that the summons retain the Animal type regardless of what they are, and if they then become Totem Druids they will use the same totem but not gain any benefits or penalties from the path's totem choice, only the ability to -polymorph, scaling with druid levels.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:29 am

Rogue
Saves: +6 Fort, +12 Reflex, +6 Will
Skills: 160 + 20xIntelligence: appraise, bluff, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, disable trap, heal, hide, intimidate, listen, lore, move silently, open lock, parry, persuade, pick pocket, search, set trap, spot, tumble, use magic device

The Sea Rat
No one knows the Sea Rat's real name. Surely his Sencliffe forms are forged, as they all are. He's been traced to at least a dozen different origins, all of which are inconclusive and wrong. He's held at least fifty different names in his time, and as many faces, and as many ambitions, and once he had the latter he quickly discarded the former two.

They say he broke into an impregnable vault by picking the pocket of the drunk apprentice in charge of guarding it. They say he started a war and then collected a brokerage fee for negotiating its conclusion. They say he once shanked a chancellor over a bar tab, and later the chancellor apologized. They say giving him some of your gold is better than giving him all of your gold. They say his childhood friend died of exposure while trying to find him in hide and seek. They say he can dance on a swaying ship better than the most courteous aristocrat on solid ground. They say he once tricked a sentient staff into thinking he was the most powerful arch-wizard in the land, and used it to blast the most powerful arch-wizard in the land out of this very plane.

They say everyone who spreads these rumors is really the Sea Rat playing up his own legend for fun. You trust me, don't you?

Overview:
Those who master skillfulness in all things become Rogues. Artful fencing, deceitful diplomacy, common ambush brigandry, cat-burglars prowling the night, scouts, spies, hired killers, investigators, and insurance fraud con-artists are all examples of what it can mean to be a Rogue. While they tend to share an agile fighting style and a knack for subverting whatever defenses lie between them and where they're going, rogues are one of the most versatile classes in terms of what kinds of people take it up. Whether subtle or dramatic, canny or greedy, honest or 'honest,' rogues strive to be the best at what they do, and master an incredible variety of skills to have tools to deal with whatever opposition lies between themselves and their desire.

Key Mechanics:
Sneak Attack - When rogues attack an opponent that isn't directly targeting them in combat, they deal scaling bonus damage as long as the target has a discernible anatomy. Constructs, oozes, undead and the like aren't affected.
Weapon Finesse - Rogues receive Weapon Finesse for free.
Evasion - Rogues have a knack for dodging out of harm's way. Whenever they succeed on a reflex save against an effect for half damage, they take no damage. At higher levels if they fail they take half damage.
Uncanny Dodge - Rogues cannot be caught flat-footed and gain bonuses on reflex saves to avoid the effects of traps.
Bonus Feats - At higher levels rogues gain access to a suite of powerful bonus feats as they level up, as followers:
*Crippling Strike - Deal 2 Strength damage with sneak attacks.
*Defensive Roll - Make a reflex save vs fatal damage once per day to avoid death.
*Improved Evasion - Take half damage from failed reflex saves.
*Opportunist - Gain a +4 bonus to attack rolls for attacks of opportunity.
*Skill Mastery - The rogue always rolls 20 on Disable Trap, Open Lock, and Set Trap, no matter what.
*Slippery Mind - The rogue rerolls failed will saves against mind-affecting spells once.
Stealth Bonuses: High-level rogues move faster while stealthed and gain bonus attack immediately after leaving stealth.
Detection: High level rogues are always in detect mode and gain bonuses to Spot and Listen.
Specialty Weapons: High level rogues gain bonus attack when using rogue proficiency weapons except the quarterstaff, which can overcome damage reduction effects.
Lightly Armored: Rogues wearing light armor retain some of their dexterity bonus to armor class over the cap of their armor, scaling with rogue level.
Sword and Dagger: High level Rogues who have Ambidexterity will receive a copy of any weapon focus, specialization, or improved critical feat in rapier (medium size) or short sword (small size) for dagger, and the other way around with dagger and the larger weapon.
Grenades - As rogues reach high levels they gain the ability to use specialty grenades that allow them to escape sticky situations or harm creatures otherwise immune to sneak attack. They also get the ability to pay gold with the -rogue command to requisition grenades they are high enough level to use. The DC of all grenades used by rogues scales with their rogue level and dexterity modifier, even normal grenades like alchemist fire.
Blinding Speed - If a rogue takes the Blinding Speed feat in epic levels, the eight minute cooldown on use is reduced by one minute for every six rogue levels. At rogue level 30 the rogue can have the effect on permanently.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Nevrus

Post by Nevrus » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:51 am

Sorceror
BAB: 10/5
HP: 80+20xConstitution
Saves: +6 Fort, +6 Reflex, +12 Will
Skills: 40 + 20xIntelligence: concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, heal, lore, spellcraft

The Descendant
The day was surprisingly sunny and dry when the devils came calling to our humble town. It wasn't so much an invasion as it was a two minute conquest; we surrendered immediately, and they spared our lives. They just wanted a traveler in the inn.

He stepped out, started shouting in some strange tongue, and half were gone. Just, elsewhere. The half that remained were not happy about this, but as they rushed him he disappeared in a cloud of inky blackness, and out came monster after monster to confront them until only the leader remained, some icy bug-looking monstrosity.

"You owe your blood, you owe the ancestor!" the thing shouted in an unnervingly confident voice. "For the last time," the traveler shouted back, "just because my great-great-great grandmother joined a cult, it doesn't mean I owe you a damn thing!"

And before anyone knew what was happening the sky cracked open and a godray of white, burning fire fell down upon the thing, and it was no more.

We were all shocked, having been conquered and liberated in the span of minutes, but we decided to kindly ask him to leave. And never return.

And that was the day my daughter ran off with some mage-blooded fool.

Overview:
To many, magic is a gift from divine powers beyond. To others, it's an art and science that must be studied, practiced, perfected, approached with caution. To Sorcerors, magic is themselves.

Whether by a twist of fate resulting in wild mutation, such as the stars being just right, or some ancient bloodline that only stirs every dozen generations, or exposure to intense magical energies morphing their very essence, sorcerors command magic from within. The Weave responds to their desires as if trying to please them, and the spells they know are more like bones than degrees. Their mastery of magic comes not from intense study but sheer forceful will, a confidence in their own power that manifests as spells. Sorcerors tend to have big personalities, charm, or sheer intimidating menace. They're an extremely rare breed, and thus no two sorcerors are exactly alike, and while they might sometimes be found amongst magical academics, they rarely form societies of only sorcerors, if only because most sorcerors never meet another just like them.

Key Mechanics:
Summon Familiar - A sorceror has a magical creature they can conjure from magic that is an extension of their own soul called a Familiar. There's a variety of creatures that could be chosen as familiars, but they all level with the Sorceror's level and can be possessed to control them and see through their eyes, for scouting or trickery. If a familiar dies, it can be summoned again when the Sorceror rests.
Spellcasting - Sorcerors are capable of casting up to 9th level spells. They use Charisma as their casting ability, and require a charisma of 19 to cast all of their spells. Having higher charisma increases the number of spells that can be cast per day, as well as the save DC of any spell the sorceror casts that has one.
Sorcerors choose their spells as they level up, and can never learn new spells from other sources. Rather than casting a prepared list of spells, sorcerors can cast a certain number of spells of each level per day, using any spell they know. As they level up they have the option to sometimes replace spells they know with new spells, as they master their inner magic and will it to better align with their desires.
Infinite Casting - Sorcerors that acquire Greater Spell Focus feats gain the ability to cast an infinite number of a certain spell each day, based on the school focused in:
Abjuration: Endure Elements - Elemental Damage Reduction
Conjuration: Melf's Acid Arrow - Single-target acid damage with short continued damage.
Divination: See Invisibility - Detect invisible (but not stealthed) targets as though they weren't invisible.
Enchantment: Blindness/Deafness - Target must make a save or become blind and deaf, gaining massive penalties to combat and detection.
Evocation: Magic Missile - Guaranteed Magic damage against one or several targets.
Illusion: Color Spray - Cone attack that causes stun on a failed will save.
Necromancy: Ray of Enfeeblement - Deals Strength damage to a living target that fails a fortitude save.
Transmutation: Burning Hands - Cone of fire damage that does not damage friendly targets.

Path Option: Path of the True Flame
Some sorcerors don't just have magic inside of them- they have roiling, endless supplies of destructive force waiting to be unleashed. Sorcerors that desire to specialize in damaging magic at the expense of almost all other utility can choose the Path of the True Flame, which allows them to cast an infinite number of spells, but they can only learn Evocation spells. They can also only cast Evocation spells from consumable magic items like wands, staves, and potions. Any item marked Mundane can be used as normal, as it's a natural rather than magical effect.
At very high levels, the only Epic Spells a True Flame sorceror can learn are Evocation and Hellball. They can only cast them once.

Path Option: Shadow Mage
There exists a separate source of magic from Mystra's Weave, one waiting for those devoted to Lady Night to tap into it - the Shadow Weave. The Shadow Weave is a secret source of magic that exists in the gaps between the leylines of Mystra's Weave, hidden from her view and controlled exclusively by Shar. Mages faithful to Shar can become Shadow Mages, gaining more power in certain schools at the expense of others.
Deity Restriction: Shadow Mages must worship Shar.
Evocation Restriction: Shadow Mages cannot cast any Evocation spell except Darkness.
Wild Magic Restriction: Shadow Mages cannot become Wild Mages, and in zones of wild magic, they cast normally.
Spell Bonuses: Shadow mages gain +2 to the save DC of any Illusion, Enchantment, or Necromancy spell they cast.
Shadowdancing: Shadow Mages can become Shadowdancers without meeting any of the requirements. They gain an additional +1 spellcasting level for each Shadowdancer level they take. Their Shadow lacks Sneak Attack.
Hide in Plain Sight: At level 20, Shadow Mages gain Hide in Plain Sight as though they were a qualifying Shadowdancer.
Egos Ironhide - Shelved

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:42 pm

for Irongrons Outcast definitions and answers

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/ry7i1belr
Yes I can sign