Poison and Spell sword stacks

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Archnon

Poison and Spell sword stacks

Post by Archnon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:16 pm

So I have been playing around with a spellsword build and I noticed a strange pattern. The spellsword imbue will stack with some poisons and not others. Dropped poison (bee venom, spider venom, etc) will stack with imbues and add another element to the weapon. However, Custom poisons made through the herbalist craft will not stack with imbued weapons. If you try to add it, it reads the weapon already has a poison applied and if you add it first and then imbue, it overwrites it. Is this a bug or by design

I don't really think you should be able to imbue and temporary essence as they are both magical effects and a blade should be limited to one. However, I don't see the reason that poisons shouldn't stack as they are chemical and an imbue is magical. Or is this merely a mechanical limitation of the server and the space we have to classify things.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Poison and Spell sword stacks

Post by ActionReplay » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:20 am

This is because some poisons you mentioned are default NWN poisons are have its own ability. But the custom poisons are scripted and using another ability, the OnHit: Unique. The latter would clash with Spellswords which also use that ability.

Archnon

Re: Poison and Spell sword stacks

Post by Archnon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:15 am

Ah. The on hit property. So they would not calsh with black guard imbue or temporary essences. thanks for clarifying. I withdraw my bug before the forum God's. Feel free to close this