'Not Allowed to Play Character'

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

JimjimthePirate

'Not Allowed to Play Character'

Post by JimjimthePirate » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:11 am

So I logged on the other day, and it wouldn't let me play my character? Like, all it said was 'Not Allowed to Play Character.' So I was wondering if this was due to... something I did, or if it's a bug? If this isn't the right spot for it, I'm sorry.

Thanks in advance.

Drowble Oh Seven

Re: 'Not Allowed to Play Character'

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:32 am

That message tends to pop ups when switching servers. It usually boots you back to the character select screen, where you can select your character again and all is well.

If it's persisting beyond that, then something's up.

Edit: It may also be a username thing, if you're using an old character again for the first time. It could be worth changing your username to whatever it was when you first made the character, if you've changed it.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:16 pm

Speaking of which ... I have the same issue since EE with one of my chars (a very old one) when switching server (not always, but mostly...). Logging in again on the server you wished to switch to, solves the problem. So far so good. Can't see why. Name doesn't have "illegal" characters, it's a rather normal char (slave).

I have however often been wondering if I should stop playing said char, get it fixed, or what. Anyone?

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:02 pm

i have the same thing happening everytime i swap servers, but i think its keyed to the server changes of the classes I play on my current toon that triggers something from giggashatten as illegal. second time login always works though
Yes I can sign