What should Sibayad get next.

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cerk Evermoore

What should Sibayad get next.

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Tue May 15, 2018 1:07 am

Sibayad received some extra housing and it's apparently the first part of an upcoming update.
Speculate here what you think it is/should be.

I personally hope it's a government system added to the city.

Baron Saturday

Re: What should Sibayad get next.

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 am

Please no. There's few enough surface places that are free of settlement system RP as is, I'd hate for the most well-developed of them to go away.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Tue May 15, 2018 1:25 am

Honestly, what doesn't Sibayad have? Besides the government. It doesn't need one.
20 RPR GANG

Cortex

Post by Cortex » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 am

I haven't been there since the update, but the main area expanded to be a more populous market place could be cool. Including this kind of building.

Settlement system is so awkward right now that we need less settlements, not more.
:)

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue May 15, 2018 3:19 am

A playerbase.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Tue May 15, 2018 3:35 am

Goblins.
And maybe quest agent to offer contracts to both Surface and Underdark races.
I would not mind goverment system.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

ThruSeer

Post by ThruSeer » Tue May 15, 2018 3:53 am

Sibbyad doesn't need a government if we could slow down vassalage of settlements over other settlements so they could all have more unique identities.

Gnarh

Post by Gnarh » Tue May 15, 2018 5:07 am

A Yuan-ti City in the ruins to the north of Sibayad township.
Yuan-ti and Naga (Sentient Magical Snakes, like currently IG) being a playable race with a reward that start in said city.
Potentially growing into Mummies being a playable race in said city with an award. Or maybe even Slaadi.
Kobolds being able to start in that city, with both Yuan-ti and Kobolds being considered less "monstrous" within the desert.
Housing that only Kobolds, Yuan-ti and Naga can purchase. Other quarters that only their slaves can purchase.
Said city to have an "Andunorian Enclave" that is the Sibayad side of the current UD "Outpost" - with a "laurick" style transition to get there.

It would be awesome to have another settlement for "neutral-evil-esque" RP. Especially with Sibiyad being nearby as a "neutral ground" trade center.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue May 15, 2018 5:29 am

I'd love to see those ruins with the yuan-ti that have a lovely little plot hook hinting at more, actually fleshed out into... more.

I'd also love if the Lost Desert got a makeover. I keep feeling like there's areas to it that I'm missing, but then I remember that those areas are on FL. (Like the Fire Lake! Complete with tribute to Queen Camia.)
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Void

Post by Void » Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 am

It could use tougher beasts in the desert and a blacksmtih that actually sells armor/weapons. (If there is such merchant, its location is a mystery to me).

Regarding government, I prefer the way things work now. Meaning no "settlement rp".
Another forum ban, here we go again.

Allectus

Post by Allectus » Tue May 15, 2018 5:56 am

NegInfinity wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:32 am
It could use tougher beasts in the desert and a blacksmtih that actually sells armor/weapons. (If there is such merchant, its location is a mystery to me).

Regarding government, I prefer the way things work now. Meaning no "settlement rp".
I agree, the distant shores settlements should be no settlement leadership stuff.

flower

Post by flower » Tue May 15, 2018 6:00 am

Add few isolated enclaves (guildehouse like) into desert and alike neutral to races or aligment.

Make the owerneship tied to factions, not single persons.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue May 15, 2018 6:37 am

There are certainly no plans for any player government, or 'settlement system' in Sibayad, though I hope to see more done to flesh out the ruling 'Sibayad Merchant League' group of NPCs.

I believe one reason for Arelith's success is its ability to cater to many different tastes, and it is certainly the case that the 'settlement system' is not for everyone. I want to see strong alternatives for those with no interest in it, and a place like Sibayad (though there are others) is one such option.

Fallout

Post by Fallout » Tue May 15, 2018 9:24 am

Wanted to note here about "Caravan System", but decided to nail it in suggestion thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=18598

I think caravan-system would make whole arelith very very lively but also give more significant things to lands that settlements contest for and strong factions in NPC driven settlements like Sibayad and so on...

Grigsey

Post by Grigsey » Tue May 15, 2018 9:30 am

Expand that buried city! Bug dudes dig, they gotta have unearthed and stabilized more by now. Also yes to expanded yaun-ti area. A few more housing areas (the demand for homes turns out, is huge). Some more vendors that buy things, a few more market stalls to give it more of that open anything can be bought or sold in Sibayad for a price vibe.

I really love the grey area Sibayad has going for it. The thing at the entry to the garden of respite says it all.

Stath

Post by Stath » Tue May 15, 2018 11:03 am

Wharftown was a Sibayad job
Ork wrote: *who filters sexy elven fun times, really?

O-H41

Post by O-H41 » Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 am

Yoinkability. Sibayad, heck, the whole distant shores server, should allow teleporting and yoinking (unless there's an IC reason for it, and it's not a holdover effect from it being a fixed level server).
Lilah Lannald: Is it cheese?
Corbin: Its---yes.
Corbin: Its cheese.

JediMindTrix

Post by JediMindTrix » Wed May 16, 2018 2:15 pm

Wouldn't the teleport flag have to be disabled for the entire server not to be able to yoink? That'd mean lens are useless there too...

Vodka Musician

Post by Vodka Musician » Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Merchants, more explorable content outside of Sibayad, perhaps more player shops if there's more and more being added to the city itself. Making the town larger would be pretty cool. Sibayad, in particular, is interesting because it's an area that you can encounter players from either the surface or underdark portions of the server. Concur on the 'no' to settlement system being added there.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu May 17, 2018 5:05 am

I love the Mob Rule type of thing in Sibayad. I'm curious about the Merchant League... what I can do IC with them.

Also I'd love a peddler in the Sibayad market and a place where we can sell scrolls to.

More housing around Manzil..... More guild houses so we have factions there opening up.

I would love to see faction vs faction war in Sibayad..

Also Cedrik Montovan had a great idea of a "society" a group which accepts all, but the main purpose is just... parties and such get togethers in The Manzil, where bards can sing tales and perform.... I'd love to just have a big gala in The Manzil.... regularly.

I LOVE the Tamed Cheetah pets... thanks for that. I'd love to see them all over the Garden of Respite especially the pool area.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Phoxly

Post by Phoxly » Thu May 17, 2018 5:07 am

Writs that both Surface/Underdark could take would be baller. Since the Sibayad writs start being available at lvl 10-12 from Crow's Nest.

Also please no Government... please.

Nekonecro

Post by Nekonecro » Sun May 20, 2018 4:45 am

Ice cream.