Enchanting through servers

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

malice

Enchanting through servers

Post by malice » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:52 am

Given that NWN random has issues, are the scripts on surface and cordor server the same?
I noticed that even if not guarantee, if I have enough piety godsave is likely going to happen when I enchant on surface server.
Cordor server seems to be the bane of enchanters (at least to me!). Godsave is way less likely to happen and the few times it did was to save me from... 95% failures (salt to injury).
Just my bad omen with Cordor or anyone else noticed this?

Dr_Hazard89

Re: Enchanting through servers

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 am

I haven't had a godsave while enchanting in YEARS!
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 pm

The servers use the same enchanting script. You're as likely (or unlikely) to get an enchanting godsave on both.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 pm

yellowcateyes wrote:The servers use the same enchanting script. You're as likely (or unlikely) to get an enchanting godsave on both.
They do have different seeds...

The RNG in NWN is random... but it's also randomly good and randomly bad...

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 pm

Just perception. Most of my enchanting is done on Cities.

Recently, I did a first time success ring (soft 5%), then failed 11 times at the next one (11% this time) then succeed in one attempt on the third one (11%)--also, a funny note, I failed 4 times with 95% in 33 attempts at it (three +2 skills to start each time). The 11-time failure was at three different times too.
Last edited by Xerah on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:34 pm

When I had my Drow Enchanter, I obviously did all my enchanting on Cities and Planes.....he succeeded more then failed.