Guide to Magical Merchantile

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Guide to Magical Merchantile

Post by triaddraykin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:00 am

"Good evening there, Friend! Yes, you there, you look like a scholarly sort, come on over here. Have I got a deal for you, a tome that will pay for itself a thousand times over!

Oh now don't look like that, it's quite true! Tell me, Friend, have you ever found yourself unsure of just how much to charge for a wand, a scroll, a potion, and once the deals over, you wonder, did you set the right price? Were your numbers correct? Was it a fair cost, was it the same as that fellow you sold to last week.

Worry no longer! Triad Draykin's Guide to Magical Mercantile is your first and last resource for how gold and magic mix! You can know how much materials cost, your extra components, even add a little bit on the top if you manage to make a truly exceptional wand. It'll even tally it all up and tell you just what your profits are.

Now, I know what you're thinking, how much will this cost you? For you, Friend, you're one of my very first customers, and word of mouth is the best way for people to hear of this amazing gift... Spread the word, and this guide is yours for free.

Just press this File glyph here, and you can Make a Copy of your own!"

Triad Draykin's Guide to Magical Mercantile

(This has been a labor of love since August 16th. Every spell that can be wanded, scribed, potioned. Inspired in part by another guide someone shared with me after I tried making my own wand guide for Angela. All prices are adjusted for Arelith. Go to the public Discord in my signature if you need to let me know of a correction. It's view only, to make your own copy, have Google Drive and go to File>Make a Copy. You can change the Quantities and the Charges, and the system does the rest.)

EDIT: For clarity's sake, this is the original worksheets https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing. There's significant changes and additions, but the core is still these.
Last edited by triaddraykin on Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Guide to Magical Merchantile

Post by Wytchee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:54 am

This is amazing!
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:11 am

Thank you for saying so!
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Public Tower Discord
Tower Library

Maladus

Post by Maladus » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:47 am

This is really well done! Kudos! Maybe there can be another thread made in the Reference section of the forums and pinned?

greatfanfare

Post by greatfanfare » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Thanks, great work!

frightnight

Post by frightnight » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:15 pm

seriously dude good job...looks very clean
"You have died...Your corpse has been picked up...Your corpse has been dropped..Player you thought was your ally has left the group."
(the ultimate betrayl..)

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:32 pm

Made some corrections and changes. Redownload for your version, you'll see if you have the updated version by the date in the top-left.

Changelog:
  1. Corrected about 20 Wand Costs that had been shifted by a line (To test, Lightning bolt would cost 1,980 instead of the proper 3,960)
  2. Corrected statement about Greater Sanctuary. Divine version can be scribed.
  3. Changed Sales Multiplier to be able to show non-whole numbers (1.5 would effect the formulae, but 2 would show)
  4. Changed outputs to show non-formatted numbers (1,234 wouldn't be accepted by Arelith shops, whereas 1234 would)
Upcoming: Will add Greater Sanctuary in once testing is completed.

Public Tower Discord
Tower Library

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:22 am

Changelog:
  1. Added an Alphabetized List.
  2. Divine Power is no longer able to be scrolled.It's been removed from the lists.
Upcoming: Still don't have Greater Sanctuary data that I'm sure of. Can any diviners scribe it for me?

As well, can we get a pin of this thread?

Public Tower Discord
Tower Library

Dr_Hazard89

Post by Dr_Hazard89 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:33 am

Don't think gsanc can be scribed, unless something was changed.
Characters: Xun'sali (ACTIVE), Tianae Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Sylali (Rolled), Magpie (Rolled), Ker'uanna Tymeaneldth (Rolled), Lepota Poklona (Rolled), Andariel Bloodletter (Shelved), Tahl'tril Cyredrretyn (Rolled), L'omithiel (Shelved).

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:34 am

Scratch that, it was a moment of temporary insanity, where I was thinking of Undeath to Death, which is divine-only scribable.

Public Tower Discord
Tower Library

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:05 pm

All further changelog posts will be here.

Any feedback, good or bad, should be sent off that way!

Public Tower Discord
Tower Library