Banites around?

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ozzy.nl

Banites around?

Post by Ozzy.nl » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello everyone,

Normaly I would not be asking this on the forums as it can be concidered FOIG, but right now I am wondering, are there still active banites around asside from my own.

My reason far asking is that I want to start up a banite church again and with the lack of a proper priest my own spell blade will be leader. But I still have some massive rescource gathering to do, and I want to know that I am not wasting my time and should just play my character more freely. So any banites please give a heads up.

Ozzy.

Nyuunie

Re: Banites around?

Post by Nyuunie » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:27 pm

I'm the current caretaker of the Banite Temple and am currently working with a few other people to help restore the numbers.

Contact the Church IG to find out more.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:27 pm

Interesting concider the church is always empty. And i heard others claim the same.

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:49 pm

Leave a note on the board with your name and people will get with you.
\

gilescorey

Post by gilescorey » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Ozzy.nl wrote:Interesting concider the church is always empty. And i heard others claim the same.
maybe they're in a different timezone than you. no need to be snarky bud

Nyuunie

Post by Nyuunie » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:52 pm

I bought it literally two days ago and have been out and about redistributing keys to people who have quarters below. In addition to that, we've been discussing plans regarding how to proceed with recruitment and what will help people remain active.

I can't guarantee a leadership position, especially considering the rank of Dreadlord is reserved for a cleric, but the way we're structuring the Church is how it was when the Zhentarim did - meaning there are branches that focus on specific tasks, with a leader for each.

Again, if you have interest then contact the Church IG; Leave a note on the Pilgrim's Board, or on the Report board in the commons.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Alright I shall try to find you in game as I am there right now. for maybe another half hour.

Hope to meet soon because I do want to see something growing in the temple again. Banite RP deserves it.

Nyuunie

Post by Nyuunie » Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:00 pm

I'm not in game. I'm at work. However, leave a note on the boards and either I or someone in a better timezone will contact you.

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:39 pm

I have a char Guideon Bloodwater whom I would love to mett up with your Valorie. He's the son of Grendal Bloodwater, a characteer I believe you are well acquainted with :). I can try to log in now and send him to the Church.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:55 am

I'd love to meet the son of Grendal. Valorie would actually be the granddaughter of one prominent member of the church and daughter to Ira Felblade. Not sure if you remember him. Since he was not my longest played banite. :)

That said we really need to get together in game.

SigurdTheMighty

Post by SigurdTheMighty » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 am

Cayd is ready to grovel when people have time. Just holler if a tank is needed. Reckon it's worth setting up a banite discord or something? (Cayd has a few information nuggets for whoever is interested in puppy stompin'. )

Black Wendigo

Post by Black Wendigo » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:04 am

If I recall there were at least three Felblades before Valorie that Grendal knew, including Mathew (I think he was the first?). I remember the name ira but unfortunately not much else. It was a long time ago!

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:44 am

Ira was about three years ago. Heck we still had wharftown back then under banite rule. I believe kenneth was the dreadmaster, could be mistaken.

And yes Mathew was the first he got married and had a load of kids. Ira was one of them. As was temperance Alriac or something and Jezable. Ira was amongs those first group of offspring to join the ranks.

Nyuunie

Post by Nyuunie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:29 pm

I'll set up a Discord for those who want to join. It'll be easier than refreshing the forums. Drop me a line at MajorArcana#3072 for an invite.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:31 pm

I send you a friend invite on discord not sure how to send a private message.

SigurdTheMighty

Post by SigurdTheMighty » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:33 pm

https://discord.gg/DegDsH Kolvir's player thought it may be bonny to get a Discord group set up so we can organise some running around and stealing some puppies from babies and the like.

And we've a returning 20+ level monk to boot.

Nyuunie

Post by Nyuunie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:55 pm

SigurdTheMighty wrote:Discord stuff
I already set one up. Didn't post a link publically to avoid non-Banites from joining.

DM Always This Late

Post by DM Always This Late » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:27 am

I would really suggest against setting up a discord for a faction

Yes I know they exist

Yes they have value but I think the potential negatives far out weigh the postives when there are so many ways IC to communicate and forums for OOC communication.

Is this saying you are bad for having one? No but in my opinion a discord could have some negative effects

1. Only logging in with your character when known friends are online which takes away from meeting new people and the great random encounters that happen from just being online.

2. A lot of actions become scripted and IC actions have a greater chance of being influenced by OOC actions. This isn't all bad of course but I find that it is hard to focus ICly when there is a lot of OOc chatter.

I dont want this thread to turn into a discussion about Discords if you want to PM me about it or want to start a new thread go for it! But since it was brought up in the thread here I just wantrd to advise against it.

I would really suggest working out communications through and IC manner. It'll help grow your character, fuel non scripted RP and give other people outside discord a chance to meet you.

A happy medium if you want to use Discord might be to turn it off or mute it while in game.
I loved and I loved and I lost you... And it hurt like hell.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:13 am

In a way i have to agree here there are a fee dangers we as players have to watch for. But i think most of us are adult enough to see the signs.

That said i only have a single character active and ijtend to keep itbthatvway. So even if my frirnds are not online i still play her. That and she is part of the arcane tower as well so enough chance of RP outside the church