Let's talk about drow ambushes

OOC General Discussion

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

gilescorey

Re: Let's talk about drow ambushes

Post by gilescorey » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:51 pm

Hunter548 wrote:When is the surface going to get black archer spawns to kill wandering epic goblins/kobolds/gnolls/drow?
When I get a qt drow enchantress gf....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:24 pm

Good god, this just happened to me. Even WITH the warning about them, oh my good god, that was horrendous.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 am

Yeah Im working on this.

Gods_Kill_People

Post by Gods_Kill_People » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Thank you ActionReplay!

The Salt Elemental

Post by The Salt Elemental » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:06 am

Remove it.
"We rise and we fall
and we break
and we make our mistakes
and if there's a reason
I'm still alive
when so many have died,
then I'm willing' to wait for it."

Litoff

Post by Litoff » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:42 pm

I've never been to the UD yet, but from what I'm gathering from this post, there are some Black Archers spawning, making life hell for surfacers who wanders UD in certain areas?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Black Archers shevarashian fanatics who would be hunting Drows and not surfacers?

Lorkas

Post by Lorkas » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:20 pm

The Black Archers being discussed were PCs who attacked UD PCs. The common nature of those PvP attacks and surfaces just grinding down below without addressing it in their RP is part of why drow ambushes were implemented.

Litoff

Post by Litoff » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Lorkas wrote:The Black Archers being discussed were PCs who attacked UD PCs. The common nature of those PvP attacks and surfaces just grinding down below without addressing it in their RP is part of why drow ambushes were implemented.
Thanks, this makes more sense to me now.

For what it's worth and what lore has usually hinted about the Underdark, I think that no surfacer would truely expect to come back alive from a trip to the underdark. First because of the lenght of such a trip... at least a month -if- you know your way around perfectly... And then simply by the outright dangerous and inhospitable nature of the place. Even drows themselves very rarely wander alone in the wild tunnels. Going UD is a suicide mission, I think characters should never consider it a trivial "one hour in and out" task.

I understand that measures to address OOC pvp and rule breaking engagements were added by the introductino of the "ambushes" and to me that sounds right, I would certainly expect a drow warband to erradicate intruders. I however see how it could get problematic in the "mechanics" if they spawned while a surfacer was brought as a captured prisonner by a drow party.