Familial Field Guides!

Hints and Guidelines, How To's on Registration, Activation, NWN, etc.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Ambigue

Familial Field Guides!

Post by Ambigue » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:13 am

There's been a whole pile of characters that have lived and died on Arelith. Sometimes I see family names returning to the fore and I thought it might be fun for those of us who've played members of larger family groups to give truncated, silly run-downs of the notable members of those clans.

I've included the three related(ish) characters I've played as an example. They are informerly known as the Angeleii, and two are part of the larger Bibliophilius family.

Ambigue

Re: Familial Field Guides!

Post by Ambigue » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:14 am

A Field Guide to the Angeleii

Real D'Angeles, AKA The Messenger King -

1st Generation Grumble-type Angeleii. Best known for being a filthy, angry, barely-together combat hobo/ninja bear. Disappeared sometime before the Fall of Benwick. Best known for his baking/kiln-firing of Woe Biscuits and his utterance of the Angeleii family motto: All things Fade. All things are born anew.

Features: Host of a parasitic vestige-like entity that remembers itself as The King of Angels! Able to suddenly appear in latrines at most inopportune times! Madness!

Weaknesses: Baths! Social interaction! Ceased existing!

Rey Angelus Bibliophilius -

2nd Generation Sexy-type Angeleii. Best known for being a suave, slinky, protean shape-changer with a fondness for wooing strange and monstrous women. Could erupt into song or tentacles at any point. Appeared around the same time that Real disappeared. Adopted by legendary hero Aristotlus Bibliphilius and his Tiefling (?) wife Rune Degram. Ended up being a terrible Cordorian Guardsman and fled Cordor in shame. Rumored to have fathered close to seventy children with various humanoid and monstrous humanoid partners.

Features: Shape-shifting! Unseemly appetites! Tentacles! Ambiguous racial characteristics that hint at poor construction by the gods who made him (me)!

Weaknesses: Emotional continence! Is a corpse!

Artemisia Angelica Belaqua-Bibliophilius -

3rd Generation Nerdy-type Angeleii. Yet to make her mark on the world. A mage in paladin's clothing, who worships the only divinity in Faerun who can accept prayers by post. Currently serves as a mobile armor-rack, arcane library, political theorist, and planar differential calculator. Understands the meaning of her family motto better than anyone and intends to apply it to the horrible tear in reality tied to the fallen city of Benwick.

Features: Nerdiness! Convoluted family history that sounds like it was originally written by a teen-aged idiot (me)! Thinks you're a good sort!

Weaknesses: An inability to genuinely connect with others due to a combination of noble expectation and familial abandonment! Talks so very very much!

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Familial Field Guides!

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 pm

I did a chart!

The Tylen-Dan'ethe lineage (Formerly Dan'ethe)

| = Descendants/Parents
-- = Marriage
-/- = Widowed/separated/divorced
? = I need to do a little more research OR create a little more background to fill these in.

Brief Backgrounds

Placeholder

Edit: I am a bad person. Astarial has a sister named Isilynor. Must insert and fix. Also, Cev is married and has two children.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002