About this Project

This forum is for players and staff to work together to create an RPG Online Hanbook for Arelith

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead

About this Project

Post by Irongron » Sat May 11, 2019 9:36 am

This is a new subforum of the Talent Show for the creation of a professionally produced online 'Player Handbook' for Arelith, in the style of and Pen & Paper RPG book, and containing everything one needs to know about playing on Arelith in a user friendly format.

With help from our players, both in writing and illustrating entries I am sure we can produce something most impressive. We already have a lot of art to choose from (with the help of Menter) and DM Titania has volunteered to curate this project.

It will be presented in the following sections:

New Player Guide

- Races
- Backgrounds
- Class
- Skills
- Start Locations

World Guide
- History
- Important Locations (And prominent NPCs)
- Guilds & Factions
- Faith & Orders

Appendix 1 - Items & Crafting
Appendix 2 - Spellcasting on Arelith
Appendix 3 - Quests, Adventure XP and RPR

By being concise, and having accompanying illustrations I hope to replicate the appearances of source books such as this one for Warhammer Fantasy RP

Its a big project, and hope that players can use this forum to submit entries for approval, any illustrations they've made and would like to use, or to offer their skills in producing a professional template for the web pages.

When complete this will placed as a link on our web page, and promoted to new players.

Borin Drakkmurl

Re: About this Project

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SFt ... sp=sharing

I started this a while ago, but because real life has kept me very busy, and I also wasn't sure it was needed or not, I just kind of dropped it.

Figured I'd leave it here anyway, in case anyone sees anything of interest they want to pick out of it.
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo; Erodash Uzdshak; Afonso; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Onodrim

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sat May 11, 2019 8:22 pm

Borin Drakkmurl wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 5:41 pm
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SFt ... sp=sharing

I started this a while ago, but because real life has kept me very busy, and I also wasn't sure it was needed or not, I just kind of dropped it.

Figured I'd leave it here anyway, in case anyone sees anything of interest they want to pick out of it.
using it to doodle things, its good though
Yes I can sign

Irongron

Post by Irongron » Sat May 11, 2019 9:16 pm

This is a great start, thank you!

Please remember just to drop anything you want considered in this thread and Titania can sift through it.

Not sure how you can contribute? Here are some ideas of what we could do with.

- Illustrations/sketches of races, classes, npcs, and locations, items - These will be put in boxes by the appropriate text. As we saw with the Yuan-ti and monk image we used for the recent updates, we have a fair bit of content already. More would be great though, and styles don't need to match.

- Text for any of the mechanical sections - for much of this we can use the wiki, but I don't plan on this being as exhaustive when it comes to mechanics. For items/recipes we can simply have a few of the best with illustrations, and a link to the wiki for more.

- Prose for the history section, or just very brief snippets of fiction to acoompany entries (an example here would be having a couple of lines about a rogue sneaking through a crowded room that could be used alongside the Move Silently/Hide entry in 'skills'

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Tue May 14, 2019 2:01 am

Oh, also, a few years ago I had done a whole thing for the Underdark.

Feel free to poke around and take whatever you want from it.

https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/B1ygx7Iqx
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo; Erodash Uzdshak; Afonso; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Onodrim

DM Titania
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Titania » Tue May 14, 2019 3:06 am

Thanks! I'll look these over. I've already finished up a page for rock gnomes today.

Race pages at the moment are:

[*]Name of Race: I.E. Rock Gnome.
[*]Picture.
[*]Ability Adjustment
[*]Favored Class
[*]Language
[*]Weight
[*]Height
[*]Typical Alignment

Then in sections:

[*]Introduction & Description
[*]Personality & Outlook
[*]Society & Culture
[*]Religion & Deities
[*]Relations with Other Races
[*]NWN Creation (Mechanical Notes)
Please don't feed my sister.

Nevrus
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Nevrus » Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 am

I'm bored so I'm going to do the classes!

Barbarian
Key Mechanics at Level 20:
BAB: 20/15/10/5
HP: 240+20xConstitution
Saves: +12 Fort, +6 Reflex, +6 Will
Skills: 80 + 20xIntelligence: Craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, discipline, heal, intimidate, listen, lore, parry, ride, taunt

Old Man on the Mountain
Nothing weak survives in the tundra of Skal. The forests, the plains, and especially the mountains are a constant battle against starvation, made only more dire by the biting cold. It's a land that should be left to beasts and monsters. Should.

They say on the mountain there's a man of grey hair and towering form, who wears only thin fur to keep himself from burning in the sun. According to the legend, he wrestles mountain lions with his bare hands, bathes in glacial water, and can knock a frost giant clean out with one good punch. One story says a dragon once angered him. None know the full story, but all know where the dragon's bones lay, half-buried by the snow.

The locals can't say for certain if this man is truly out there, but it's a custom of the trackers that hunt fur on the mountain to bring an extra keg of ale on their excursions to the peaks. Some days the keg doesn't come back with them.

Overview:
Some train for years to gain martial prowess, serving in military outfits or receiving the training of experienced mentors. For others, the strength already exists within, so long as they can work themselves up to the heat of the moment. Barbarians come in many varieties, from nomadic tribesmen to furious avengers to mad drunkards, but the one thing they all share in common is a deep rage that lifts them beyond the limits of mortal might. Barbarians are the hardiest adventurer you can find, and their ability to overcome adversity with white-hot determination is second to none, but the pursuits of might usually leave them ignorant to the deeper mysteries of the world, like philosophy, history, and law. Barbarians that live to old age usually accumulate a great deal of wisdom from experience alone, but they'd rather brave the cold nearly naked than read about it in some library.

Key Mechanics:
Rage - Barbarians can enter a rage for a short period of time, granting them great resilience and power. The rage lasts 2d4+Constitution rounds, and has a one minute cooldown after it ends. While raging, barbarians gain bonuses to melee weapon damage, armor class, movement speed, hit points, will saves, and attack. These bonuses start off small but increase drastically as they level up.
Fast Movement - Barbarians move faster than normal characters.
Damage Reduction - As Barbarians level up they gain the ability to ignore small amounts of physical damage from each attack against them.
Uncanny Dodge - Barbarians don't lose their Dexterity bonus to AC if they're ambushed, and they gain a bonus to reflex saves to avoid traps, increasing as they level up.
Drunken Might - Barbarians gain bonus strength when they're drunk, and retain it as long as they remain drunk. The bonus will reduce for a few minutes if they become sober before disappearing unless they become drunk again.

Path Option: Tribesman
Barbarians who choose this path forego the ability to rage in favor of traveling with two companions they can call on to help in battle. The companions level up alongside the barbarian and are incredibly proficient with the axes they wield.
Smells of saltwater.

Mythic

Post by Mythic » Tue May 14, 2019 9:02 am

Thought I'd drop in A thing of my favourite class - The Druid

Druid
Key Mechanics at level 20:
BAB : 15/10/5
HP 160+Constitution Modifier
Saves: +12 Fort +6 Reflex +12 Will
Skills: 80 + 20xIntelligence: animal empathy, concentration, craft armor, craft trap, craft weapon, heal, lore, parry, persuade, spellcraft

The Wildling
Deep within the Arelith Archpeligo's coast lies the Darkheart Jungle, Untamed, Raw and tempting for any big game hunter to take down a few Tigers to sell to exotic collectors for good Coin.

I wouldent go into those Jungles if I were you hunter, Other than the beasties themselves 'an the Lizardfolk, sure y'might be able to handle those, But there's somethin' wrong in those entanglin' woods.

Th'other Trappers say it moves withou' a trace, More 'en a few of us 'ave gone to line up a shot, only fer' a gust of wind t'knock us on our arses, N'a few times we've been trapped by th'damn plants wrappin' around our ankles.

It's a damned Witch in those Jungles, Stoppin' us from huntin' Game. N'if you get lucky? Well Rodney got n'killed one of them' Tigers out there, Biggun' too.....Died two days later from poison...

Overview
Akin to a Cleric, A Druid is one who serves Nature and the Vague concept known as "The Balance". Drawing on great reserves of Willpower, Great strength and Magics are at their command. Able to rain lightning from the sky and bind feet with Root and Vine, Before taking Beastial-Forms to Fight in. Wherever Life can be found, So too can Druids be found defending it and making right what wrongs were done to the natural world.

Key Mechanics
Spellcasting - A Druid gains full spellcasting as a Divine Caster. Using their WISDOM modifier, A score of 19 is required to cast the highest tier of Druid spells.
Animal Companion - A druid gains a lifelong companion which grows in power as they do, which can help them in both combat and day to day life.
Wildshaping - A druid upon gaining sufficient strength, Can take the forms of Animals and use their Might, Cunning or Grace to defend against natures perverters
Venom Immunity - A druids connection to nature will protect them from Poisons, both mundane and magical upon reaching level 9
Elemental Shape - When a Druid begins to near the Zenith of their power (16) They can attune to the fundamentals of the world, and take form of mighty Elementals to lay waste to those who threaten Nature.
Spontaneous Casting - A Druid can call upon summoned creatures at any time, burning a spell of similar level to bring forth a Summon of the same Tier, no matter their Form.

Path Option: Totem Druid
Druids whom choose to make a Bond with a specific totem animal may give up a portion of their natural strength, grace and hardiness to gain a far more powerful Wildshape Form, that can be called upon an unlimited number of times per day, And which grows in power as the druid does.
Each Totem Animal also gifts the druid specific benefits in return for their sacrifice of choosing a totem.
Their Animal Companion and Summoned Creatures will also appear as the same animal the druid has bound himself to as a Totem.
The Totems
Wolf (predator): +2 str, +2 dex, +2 spot, +2 hide, +2 move silently
Panther (sneak): +4 dex, +4 hide, +4 move silently
Spider (cunning): +2 int, immunity: poison, immunity: paralysis
Parrot (beauty): +4 cha, +8 perform
Eagle (nobility): +2 cha, +12 spot
Bear (brawn): +4 str, +4 con
Raven (lore): +2 int, +8 listen, +10 lore
Bat (mystery): +12 listen, Amplify 5 uses/day
Rat (creativity): +4 int, immunity: disease
Snake (grace): +2 dex, +2 cha, immunity: disease, immunity: poison
Dont make Cutlery out of Greensteel, It just cuts through the Plates

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed May 15, 2019 12:01 am

just doodling with the starter like i mentioned but here is the first few pages spell checked and dabbled with for text size font etc.

not sure if its something you like but never know @DM Titania

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Akv55ibO8zkUwHDYse_zO1GsT1eF
Yes I can sign

DM Titania
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Titania » Wed May 22, 2019 9:27 am

Another thing I need is art, I.E. for the races, a picture of each one. Right now NWN screenshots are being used as placeholders. For race they all use just one, so would need a picture of each sub-race. We are using homebrewery for this, by the way!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
Please don't feed my sister.