Dirgesinger/Evangelist not learning new songs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Melchizedek14

Dirgesinger/Evangelist not learning new songs

Post by Melchizedek14 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:29 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Playing Harb/Dirge/Evangelist. Walking through areas that inspire new songs, nothing happens. Leveling Dirgesinger to 5+ does not grant a free bard and curse song.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Level Harb (7), Cleric/Evangelist (6), then Dirgesinger (5+). Walk through area where a song is normally inspired.

Expected Result:

• From wiki: "Humans, Half-Orcs, and Half-Elves are granted one random Bard Song and one random Curse Song upon reaching a combined Bard + Dirgesinger level of 5+." Also checks with previous bards played.
  • Cleric/Evangelist (6) grants bard and curse song feat. Dirgesinger 5+ enables -song and -cursesong. Walking through area of inspiration should trigger learning new song.

Actual Result:

• No bard song or curse song given when leveling Dirgesinger through/past level 5.
  • No bard song learned when walking through Sibayed market, from ziggurat entrance near Saltspar, from book near scroll merchant in Erudite Arcanum (Andunor), or from sentinel statues near slavers tower by Saltspar
  • Only bard/curse songs known are racial/starting area songs.

Additional Information/Notes

• Tried with and without Herald of the Grave. It didn't make any difference.
  • Character is an Earth Genasi, so that might affect the Human bard/curse song gain at lvl 5, but character is treated as a human for everything else (extra feat, extra skill points, spot checks, etc).
  • Have not tried having another PC teach a song to the character.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Dirgesinger/Evangelist not learning new songs

Post by Iceborn » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:39 pm

I took a look at this one. I almost didn't find the issue, but it was there.
Also evangelists (without dirge or bard levels) need both majority of levels and more than 5 to learn songs.

ALSO, while I was looking at this I found something that annoyed me tremendously when I was playing my bard:
The check to learn curse songs from the environment was broken, thus even if the curses are correctly sprinkled all over the world there was no way to learn one other than from another player or random level up. I AM LIVID. I SPENT MONTHS GOING AROUND IC LOOKING FOR THOSE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Anyway:
A fix for these both things has been pushed.
Locking and moving.

Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!