Shifter languages

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

jomonog

Shifter languages

Post by jomonog » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:09 am

Yeah i know theres not alot of shifters but it would be nice if shifters could gain undercommon when they get minotaur shape and also other relevant languages as they also unlock corresponding shapes, in particular draconic when they get kobold shape and xanalress as drow. As a surface shifter you cant really use these shapes on surface without attracting a lot of attention and if you use them in UD you always run the risk of being easily outed when you cant understand anyone else

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Shifter languages

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:11 pm

So of all classes, the Shifter class - imo, is the one that needs the most looking at. It needs some sort of revamp, but I don't know when that will happen, or what it'll look like - either in terms of mechancis or flavour when it gets to the other side.
This suggestion isn't bad per se, but I dn't feel comfortable agreeing to it, without really knowing what shifters are, or more to the point what shifters will be. I'm going to very warily approve this - but honestly I think it's probably better looking at this again when/if someone wants to do a revamp of the glass. At which point it will be implemented, or rejected.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)