-Set Fixture command

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Suggestion Moderators

Royal Blood

-Set Fixture command

Post by Royal Blood » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:37 am

So occasionally this starts to be an issue where fixtures that help connect people in RP just go vanishing. Or Fixtures in general. In reality, a lot of these are quite important to players and they are very easily trolled or removed. In my personal case it's just kind of a minor annoyance, but to have things vanish right after placing them just means I need to spend more busy time clicking through craft menues and renaming everything then retyping the messages.

So my idea was that like the -rotate_fixture commands, if you placed a fixture, and you were happy with where it is at you could do -set Fixture and that would mean anyone who wants to take it, has to wait like 1 or 2 IG Hours.

I guess RP Wise it'd be like, if you place a signboard you BOLT IT INTO THE GROUND so some random guy can't run off with it. So if you went to take a fixture that is set, the initial message would be like "This Fixture is set into position and will take X amount of time to remove" Maybe the time could be scaled off of what it is? People just strolling by and stealing entire statues doesn't even make sense.

So like

Player places fixture

Fiddles with it, gets it where they want it

types -setfixture, now the fixture cannot be removed without waiting out the 1-2IG duration timer

ALTERNATIVE!

The -Setfixture command only takes 2-3 IRL minutes to use, but the character is LOCKED onto the fixture doing the bendover/grab emote until the timer concludes or they choose to disengage.

Right now fixtures are like...

*Stand around, oh look everyone is gone SHOVES ENTIRE STATUE INTO BACK PACK* :P

Anyways, this still allows for fixture thefts which are valuable but should hopefully remove the trolling aspect out of it where the action is destructive, doesn't provide avenues for RP and just wastes peoples time.
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: -Set Fixture command

Post by Irongron » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:21 pm

This is a clever idea, and I like it that you suggested it as an option rather than a default.

There is a problem though; the feature could be used to erect barricades, which could prove extremely frustrating for players, and require more oversight from DMs.

Approved, on a trial basis, and so long as DMs woudn't have to wait out the timer.