Death and Taxes

A place to file suggestions that have been completed.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors, Suggestion Moderators

dysmetria

Death and Taxes

Post by dysmetria » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:34 am

I just found out that the house I saved for days to buy must have had its taxes due an hour or two after I purchased it.

In the time it took me to clear the vicinity of my new home of pests and earn enough to cover the taxes and deposited it in the bank, the tax man had cometh and the house was no longer in my name and back up for sale. I went to bed not knowing this and found someone else had bought the home and what little I had left and stored there out from under me, and because I didn't choose to put it up for sale, I didn't even get the money they paid for the house.

My suggestion would be for the taxes to come due one game month after we purchase a house, not possibly a rl hour or two like it is now, to prevent this situation from happening to anyone else.

Alternately if people don't have enough to cover their taxes give them the money from whoever buys their house. Minus the past due taxes of course. They already lose their furniture, stored stuff and home because their bank account is empty so obviously they could use the cash.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Re: Death and Taxes

Post by Irongron » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:23 pm

I can see how this hurts.

Approved.

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Death and Taxes

Post by KT28 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:28 pm

Completed.
Taxes for new property acquisitions will be delayed by 1 game-month, eliminating the possibility of acquiring a property and then immediately losing it due to not having enough gold to pay taxes.