Robes bugged?

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Fetyr

Robes bugged?

Post by Fetyr » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:32 am

Probably not an issue with Arelith per say but I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues with robes on the EE server? Tabards seem to push the pelvis behind the players legs, and the over coats push the chest piece above the players head.

Wondering if it's just me or not.

The_Queen~s_Rebuke

Re: Robes bugged?

Post by The_Queen~s_Rebuke » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:36 am

It isn't just robes, it's cloaks, as well, unfortunately. It only just started happening with the new EE update, it seems.
hållö hållö wəlcöme to mý cæv

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:10 am

Yeah its a known issue, Beamdog will probably fix it with next patch.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:23 pm

My cloak started appearing correctly after I updated my graphics driver, but pelvis still messed up, so hopefully it will be fixed by beamdog.

I wonder if this is one of those AMD issues they've been talking about. I'm starting to think it might be better to go for an intel processor on my next build given how sloppy AMD has been with certain things. Especially after AMD nearly got a lot of people's machines bricked because they supplied incorrect specs to MS when they were pushing out updates to solve the Meltdown and Spectre threats

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:34 pm

wonder if this is one of those AMD issues they've been talking about. I'm starting to think it might be better to go for an intel processor on my next build given how sloppy AMD has been with certain things.
It is literally always better to go with intel.
\

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:31 am

Literally?

or definitely?

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

BegoneThoth

Post by BegoneThoth » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:38 am

Literally. Not figuratively.
\

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:04 am

Uhuh...

Use of the word "literally" is usually reserved for when you are specifically trying to steer someone away from thinking the meaning is figurative. However, within the context of your statement, a figurative interpretation is not a very large likelihood. In fact, given your tone and what you are trying to convey, it feels like many other words could be far more fitting, such as the word "definitely." Great for putting emphasis on one's confidence in their opinion.

So many try to use the word "literally" when they're arguing something that they see as irrefutable, when in truth they're just putting forth an opinion with no reasoning to back it up. The usage of it is deceptive in that it uses language usually reserved for statements not dealing with opinions, and tries to add weight to the argument based on that misplaced association, something I believe would be considered a logical fallacy.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:51 am

no he literally means never go with amd and ati.

this is actual fact.

don't ever go with amd and ati.

CragOrion
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CragOrion » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:37 pm

The scope of this thread does not extend to explaining the difference between facts and opinions, something elementary schools are responsible for. It also does not extend to explaining the correct usage for the word, "literal," and I see now I was wrong to try. If you didn't listen to your school-teachers, why would you ever listen to me? Moreover, this is not the place for it.

However, thank you both for the personal advice[read opinion] on processors.

Celestia Silverarms
Karynn Eldafire

One Two Three Five

Post by One Two Three Five » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:48 pm

need a bingo card for commie tormak layup assists

Anyway, seems more like a beamdog issue since I've seen it on other servers. Report to beamdog? Is it still a problem after friday's update?
The devil does not need any more advocates
Clerics are just socially acceptable warlocks.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:39 pm

don't make veiled amia related insults at me.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/literally

don't patronize me with dumb crap and act like you're holier than thou over the definition of a word, what the heck, did you really just do this, this is like literally the biggest joke of the internet and it literally got the definition of the word changed in merriam webster

especially when you were the one talking about changing processors to begin with, why are you mad that he gave you a suggestion.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:39 pm

This thread is now locked. Do not take jabs at one another; the forums seem to be rampart with this sort of behaviour. Continuation will see accounts suspended.

Robes have issues with v1866. This is still being investigated by Beamdog and should hopefully be fixed soon enough.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.