EE module showing as offline in server list

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Ozzy.nl

EE module showing as offline in server list

Post by Ozzy.nl » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:03 pm

Heya guys not sure if this belongs here or on beamdog, but I'll trow it in here first.

The distance shore module can't be found in the server list, and in the history it is shown as offline.
But when I direct connect I can access the forum without a problem.

goatte

Re: EE module showing as offline in server list

Post by goatte » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:32 pm

To support what Ozzy.nl is seeing, I haven't been able to see the server since last night, about 10pm PST. I tried direct connect, and it reports "server is in a private network" and fails to access it. It sounds like the latest update from Beamdog broke quite a lot. Good luck dealing with this.

Update:

It was defaulting to an IP address on my local network. Typed in correct IP address, and I get “Server found. Attempting to log in.” With no success after 5 minutes of trying.

My bad.

2nd Update;

Now it's saying "Incorrect Password" after "Attempting to log in" while trying for direct connect. HTH

3rd Update:

Tried multiple times, and I can access my characters successfully. Can fight and craft successfully. I just have to run through Direct Connect. Also, my character showed a leather apron for clothing in character view and his armor on inventory and to other players. Weird. Was a bit of lag, but I'm suspecting that is latency on my part; my connection is bad.
Last edited by goatte on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
goatte
(not a sacrificial one for the egos of other players)

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:45 pm

Ah, good. I thought it was my ignorance again. I saw it on the list, and tried direct connect, but it timed out.

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:00 pm

We are Investigating this, it's an odd one.

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:36 pm

Confirm on my end.

An interesting detail --- the connection procedure to the server has become somewhat slow. When the server used to be visible online, proceeding from clicking to connect to the character selection screen (with character shown) took less than a second. Now, with direct connect, it takes a few.

Liareth
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Liareth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Distant Shores has been migrated to the new server. Hopefully this will improve stability a lot.

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:45 pm

As of now, the new server is gone from the list. "Relay access was denied. Relay said: the server is unknown to us" is the direct connect error message.