EE - Distant Shores - bug

Post by roy rutan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:01 pm

the trapper where you turn in the pelts torso is invisable

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: EE - Distant Shores - bug

Post by Queen Titania » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:49 pm

Use Arelith EE Beta for bug posts in regards to EE going forward (For now!)

Also the Trapper was not invisible for me player side. Can you try:

1: Relogging.
2: Playing a different character.
3: Asking another player if they see the same?
Please don't feed my sister.

Morderon
Technical Lead
Technical Lead

Post by Morderon » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:09 am

Arr you sure the torso was invisble? For me and a friend at least 2 npcs the trapper and the jeweler have torso heads. Which may be a beamdog thing.

goatte

Post by goatte » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:06 am

To add to the thread, I logged in after updating, and the Elven hide peddler's torso armor is now sitting in front of his face, and his torso is definitely bare. I logged out and back in; now his torso disappeared. The same thing happened to Filip Pedersen in the Trade Post, with the torso moved in place of his face and empty space where the torso should be. I notice a similar thing happens when I customize a cloak using the crafting radial menu. On my Dwarf character, the cloak shoulder rises to the level of above his face. After completing the customization, the cloak falls to rest on his shoulders.

I also tested out the rat tail sales to the halfling in front of the building and can confirm that the dialogue runs through, without the rat tails being removed, money being transferred to the character, or anything appearing in the descriptive window.

Update:

I ran through some combat just north of the village, and the combat ran just like normal. I am able to sell meat and hides successfully. I can repair damaged items at the normal success rate. I was also able to craft gems in the art workstation.

However, there is one annoyance, where the starting camera view is "navel high to a Dwarf" each time I log in. I have to alter the camera view closer to traditional view to successfully interact through movement point selection, clicking on doors, etc. I would hate to login to a dungeon in the middle of a battle.

goatte
"Keorn Fellhammer"
goatte
(not a sacrificial one for the egos of other players)

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:21 am

These bugs have nothing to do with Arelith, but instead are issues related to the 8164 update. I think they will get straightened out.