A List of Bugs from NWN:EE Players!

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Horrid Wilting Revolver

A List of Bugs from NWN:EE Players!

Post by Horrid Wilting Revolver » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:27 am

I'm aware that DMs/DEVs may be aware of some of these already. These are merely some issues myself and my fellow NWN:EE friend have encountered during our exploration of the new server.

Kudos and Thanks to Nordic Fish Juice for helping me test the server and exploring with me!

Contract Quest Writs
-Goblin Weald Questline: Cannot recieve credit for 10 Gobo kills in the Camp.
-Enemies slain by Animals/Beasts tamed through Animal Empathy do not give credit for quests.

Baccanhagen
-Glowing Area Transitions through the trees. When you approach them you get a server message saying "Text einfugen".
-Turfhouse Door Transition - Often times players will appear on the cliff behind the house instead of down the hill due to summoned creature crowding.

-Latest Updates don't seem to be implemented. We have the update for the Mayor from 03 Jan, but not the updates from 22 Dec. As a Ranger I was disappointed. ;)

-When logging into the NWN:EE Server, if you look at the player list tab where you select your character you can see the class/level of players that are logged in. Since you can't do this on Regulith, I thought you'd like to know incase this wasn't intentional.

-Portal Lenses! There are no portals on Skal?

-Player Tool for Summoned Creature Commanding isn't here. :(

-Wizard / Sorcerer Infinite Spells are instead 1 use/day on NWN:EE Server?

-The Party Reveal command doesn't work.

-Totem Druid summoned creatures and familiar do not have the model change.

-There is a floating Ore Vein in the boss room of the Kurgan in the Ghostwood.

-Helmets/Cloaks/Weapons/Shields are not customizable except for colors at Prismatic Mirrors.

-Toggle Helmet Visibility also doesn't work.

-Disguises/Stealth name changes do not work. You will be "Disguised" and NPCs will detect/not-detect you, but your name wont' actually change.

-Saveoutfit / Loadoutfit commands don't work.

-Delete Character commands don't work.

-Some walls in the Subterranean Pools like to eat people? You can apparently get stuck in the walls while walking near them.

Feedback Thread: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=16235#p136245
Discussion Thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=16234#p136239
Last edited by Horrid Wilting Revolver on Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: A List of Bugs from NWN:EE Players!

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:22 pm

How recently have you attempted the goblin weald quest? A fix should have gone in some time ago.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Horrid Wilting Revolver

Post by Horrid Wilting Revolver » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:06 pm

Just re-tested as of now. NOPE! Killing goblins in the camp area doesn't give credit for the quest. Maybe I'm doing it wrong? If someone figures this out, let me know!

Kirito

Post by Kirito » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:18 pm

Still haven't found the camp area... >.<

Horrid Wilting Revolver

Post by Horrid Wilting Revolver » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:39 pm

North of Town. North of the Weald. Go through the cave in the North-east. Lots of tents. Lots of goblins. Hard to miss :P

On another note... POTIONS! If you have auto-loot potions ON and go to loot while your inventory is completely full it may cause issues.

Mithreas
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Mithreas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:14 am

Horrid Wilting Revolver wrote: Contract Quest Writs
-Goblin Weald Questline: Cannot recieve credit for 10 Gobo kills in the Camp.
-Enemies slain by Animals/Beasts tamed through Animal Empathy do not give credit for quests.
I'll defer to yellowcateyes on these.
Baccanhagen
-Glowing Area Transitions through the trees. When you approach them you get a server message saying "Text einfugen".
-Turfhouse Door Transition - Often times players will appear on the cliff behind the house instead of down the hill due to summoned creature crowding.
These are for Irongron - Text Einfugen means that the Giga transitions with description were used instead of standard ones. the turfhouse door thing isn't easy to fix - can link the interior door to a waypoint outside, though.
-Latest Updates don't seem to be implemented. We have the update for the Mayor from 03 Jan, but not the updates from 22 Dec. As a Ranger I was disappointed. ;)
Yes, the EE server is running the codebase from a couple of months back, except for a couple of tactical fixes merged across by hand. There is a task to merge all changes since the split, but we've had to make a few infrastructure changes so it's not as simple as just copying everything from A to B. It will happen though :)
-When logging into the NWN:EE Server, if you look at the player list tab where you select your character you can see the class/level of players that are logged in. Since you can't do this on Regulith, I thought you'd like to know incase this wasn't intentional.
Good point. That's from nwnx_fixes in 1.69. I don't think we have that feature in NWNX on EE yet, but I'll ask the team.
-Portal Lenses! There are no portals on Skal?
That's one for Irongron.
-Player Tool for Summoned Creature Commanding isn't here. :(
Yep - needs NWNX_Events to work first (currently it breaks the server if turned on).
-Wizard / Sorcerer Infinite Spells are instead 1 use/day on NWN:EE Server?
I was looking into this the other day on the main server. Huh. I'll take a look at EE.
-The Party Reveal command doesn't work.
Yep, this relies on NWNX function that's not yet been ported to EE.
-Totem Druid summoned creatures and familiar do not have the model change.
This should work! I'll take a look.
-There is a floating Ore Vein in the boss room of the Kurgan in the Ghostwood.
Irongron!
-Helmets/Cloaks/Weapons/Shields are not customizable except for colors at Prismatic Mirrors.
Yep - there is an open bug with Beamdog about this.
-Toggle Helmet Visibility also doesn't work.
This is NWNX functionality in our current scripts. It's been included into the base game now, but we've not updated our code to use the new tool yet. Todo.
-Disguises/Stealth name changes do not work. You will be "Disguised" and NPCs will detect/not-detect you, but your name wont' actually change.
Yep - per the main FAQ (in the announcements forum) NWNX_Names isn't ported yet.
-Saveoutfit / Loadoutfit commands don't work.
Same issue as changing appearance above.
-Delete Character commands don't work.
Yep - NWNX_Ruby per the FAQ.
-Some walls in the Subterranean Pools like to eat people? You can apparently get stuck in the walls while walking near them.
Interesting! Irongron?
(-makesafe may also help you).
xkcd.com is best viewed with Netscape Navigator 4.0 or below on a Pentium 3±1 emulated in Javascript on an Apple IIGS at a screen resolution of 1024x1.For security reasons, please leave caps lock on while browsing.

Horrid Wilting Revolver

Post by Horrid Wilting Revolver » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:45 am

I think the gate broke?

I've also noticed that my ranger isn't getting 6 + Int Modifier in skill points per level. I'm still only getting 4 + Int Modifier.

Horrid Wilting Revolver

Post by Horrid Wilting Revolver » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am

Nordic War Song and I are having issues with objectives not completing during Quests. We realized that kills from Animal Empathy Mercenaries don't give us credit so I'm holding them back during certain fights, but even when Nordic, myself, or his summon gets the kill we aren't getting credit.

Last night we killed the Great Northern Bear for the Clearing the Crossing quest 3 times and still didn't get the credit. This seems to happen off and on for a bunch of the quests. Idk if it's EE specific or not.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am

Horrid Wilting Revolver wrote: Last night we killed the Great Northern Bear for the Clearing the Crossing quest 3 times and still didn't get the credit. This seems to happen off and on for a bunch of the quests. Idk if it's EE specific or not.
I think this fix is not available on the module yet. I did a code merge some two weeks ago or so but I think its still old code in the current module.

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:04 pm

ActionReplay wrote:I think this fix is not available on the module yet. I did a code merge some two weeks ago or so but I think its still old code in the current module.
If the fix isn't live, that would also explain the Goblins of the Weald quest not working. Both fixes were part of the same file update.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

Horrid Wilting Revolver

Post by Horrid Wilting Revolver » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:59 am

A couple little things out of place I think.

Quest Writ Typo

Gnipahellir
Are these "Drink"ing spots supposed to be unreachable?

The Half-orc Port
Half-orc Sorcerer's drop something they probably shouldn't?

Oh, and you can add the Half-orc Captain to the list of Quest Objectives that don't seem to work. :(

Horrid Wilting Revolver

Post by Horrid Wilting Revolver » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:35 am

Gem Pouches and Trapper's Toolboxes don't work.

Horrid Wilting Revolver

Post by Horrid Wilting Revolver » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:55 pm

Is there supposed to be a Minotaur Warlord in here? Cause there wasn't... and I can't get through the other door and it's not pickable... I'm confused.

What does the inscription say?

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Horrid Wilting Revolver wrote:Gem Pouches and Trapper's Toolboxes don't work.
I think this was merged in last time back but I am still unsure if the latest merged codebase is in the module atm, maybe Mitheras or Irongron can clear that up.

Saleph

Post by Saleph » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:27 am

WIld-elves!
Apparently Wild-Elves only get -2 Int and not +2 Con at Character-creation.
Cheers!

goatte

Post by goatte » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:19 pm

Thank you to the team for setting up this NWN:EE server. I haven’t played NWN in over a decade, and this PW server is tops. It is worth the investment in NWN:EE.

The meat of his message is the -guard command in the previous version of the beta wouldn’t turn off. I started grading a party member, and it continued after logging back in. I tried to guard myself with no success. When I typed in my characer’s name, it reported that couldn’t find that character. I tried sending a tell to myself, and the command in the tell made no response. I had to quit standing close to the character I was guarding to prevent character death. After the server update, the guarding stopped. I have been reluctant to try it this time, but my character should b guarding by class and deity: Gorm Gulthyn. Could you all look into it, Dev team and DMs, and give some guidance on how to proceed? Thank you.

Goatte
“Keorn Fellhammer”
goatte
(not a sacrificial one for the egos of other players)

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:04 pm

Hello,

So far I have run into the following.

-twohand does not seem to work.

Journal entries for Skaald quests are broken.

Dialogue entries on scaled ui sometimes break down, giving barely readable text.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:32 pm

Elaetheus wrote:Hello,

So far I have run into the following.

-twohand does not seem to work.

Journal entries for Skaald quests are broken.

Dialogue entries on scaled ui sometimes break down, giving barely readable text.
Dialogue entries on scaled UI for example is a NWN EE bug and should be reported there, Arelith doesn't touch anything regarding scaled UI.

Journal Entries for Skaald quests being broken will probably need more information for the contributor to fix. At what point did it break? Which quests are breaking?

-twohand will probably not work until more NWNX functions get transferred over or rebuilt, so likely post EE transferring.
Please don't feed my sister.

goatte

Post by goatte » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:28 pm

One issue I see is with language display. My Dwarf character used to speak Dwarvish and see Dwarvish in the information window, with Common in the speech window. Now he sees Common in both windows when speaking Dwarvish. This is the same for my Elven characters, in regards to Elvish language appearance in the windows. Thank you all for all the hard work.

goatte
"Keorn Fellhammer," "Oakmaster Rhys," and "Faelar Ammirynth"
goatte
(not a sacrificial one for the egos of other players)

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:45 pm

Ok for the rest.
DM Titania wrote:
Journal Entries for Skaald quests being broken will probably need more information for the contributor to fix. At what point did it break? Which quests are breaking?

I am talking about the writs given by the mayor. The quests can be themselves completed (at least those that I've done), but there is nothing happening in the journal besides a blank entry Error.

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:39 pm

Fighter bonus AC does not seem to stack with the equipment.

Baseili

Post by Baseili » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:50 pm

The gift of Endurance (+2 CON) seems to be doubling up, giving +4.

Elaetheus
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Elaetheus » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:22 am

Elaetheus wrote:Fighter bonus AC does not seem to stack with the equipment.
Any confirm on that from the devs? I have the same (shown, at least) AC in Bronze +1 plate and in ordinary iron plate, the message being "the AC bonuses do not stack". Thank you.

Eraamion

Post by Eraamion » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:11 pm

I crashed when trying to enter the starting area from the OOC one - the village. Lowering video settings to minimum helped and I could enter the area, however after the walk uphill toward presumably the mayor office it crashed again and now it crashes every time I try to log in. When the server reset, I could again load the OOC starting area but trying to exit it and enter the village started the crashing loop again.

Jurado

Post by Jurado » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Summoning spells appear to give the -playertool 1, which may be a reason there have been so many crashes? It does not appear to crash every time I cast a summoning spell, however.
Currently playing: Lunelle Tir’ana, High Priestess of Angharradh

Former characters: Dramiir Nesryndal (dead), Sylmae Tyelle (returned to Evermeet)