The Wedding of Falgrim Vintergard and Naly Gottrasdottir

Post all your ingame screenshots in here. Organize them by creating seperate threads for events.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

The Wedding of Falgrim Vintergard and Naly Gottrasdottir

Post by Dragonovith » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:33 am

This wedding was performed according to the Bride Fight tradition, in which the groom attempts to save his bride from Dwarves disguised as Duergar. It's mostly a "theater play", albeit a violent one, which has in the past ended with the groom's death, for even though it is all staged, the Groom and the disguised Dwarves are supposed to put up some real fight.

It's a tradition born during the fall of Umbrick, when a similar situation happened, where a Dwarf groom had to save his bride from actual Duergar.

A Dwarven player please correct me if I'm wrong, for this is as far as I know about the subject.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: The Wedding of Falgrim Vintergard and Naly Gottrasdottir

Post by Cuchilla » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:56 am

I was happy to be there and see the dorfs performing the old ritual, under the guidance of Dalin. Quite entertaining.

Although I found that the Grays gave up a bit too fast, he he. But then again, it would have hurt the dwarven self-understanding.

;)

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

redhawx

Re: The Wedding of Falgrim Vintergard and Naly Gottrasdottir

Post by redhawx » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:26 am

Great screenshots, and thanks for them. I'll steal some for a time-line!
I think you got it about right yeah.
Cuchilla wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:56 am
I was happy to be there and see the dorfs performing the old ritual, under the guidance of Dalin. Quite entertaining.

Although I found that the Grays gave up a bit too fast, he he. But then again, it would have hurt the dwarven self-understanding.

;)
Nah duergar are born to surrender. It's a reason that they got captured by illithids while the rest of Shanatar kept fighting and pushed them out!