Tips on Posting Images and Forum Usage

Post all your ingame screenshots in here. Organize them by creating seperate threads for events.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Tips on Posting Images and Forum Usage

Postby SteelsSweets » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:30 pm

Welcome to the Screenshots sub-forum.

It can be tricky getting an image to post in a way that is easily view-able by others.

There are a few ways to capture a screenshot. The way I am most familiar with is by using the "print screen" button on the keyboard while in game.

The screen shot that you captured can be found in your NWN folder sub-folder called screenshots.

Next you will need a program to convert the .tga file into another format. I use a program called paint.net but there are many programs out there that can do it and possibly some websites as well.

After converting the file into a .png or .jpeg you will need to find a site to host your image.

There are many around. Some you can join as a member to save your images for future use and some you can just use it to host the image once and move on.

I personally use http://postimages.org/

I have a free account there to save my images but it also has a free hosting for non-members.

Upload an image there. You can choose to resize the image or not.

I chose to not resize my image. Then I copied the "Thumbnail for forums" link.

Paste it in the post. It should be already formatted using the [url] formatting.

It will post a smaller version of the image here and when clicked on, will open the full size version.

If you chose to resize your image, you can choose one that you think might fit well. This time I chose 640x480 (for message boards) then posted the "Direct link" into the post using the [img] button.

This way makes it easier to see without having to click on the image but it will not allow the viewer to easily click on it to see it in larger scale.

Have fun figuring out the way that is best for you and what you are trying to accomplish. Be it a thread for a specific event or a personal "scrap book" thread for your character or characters.

Happy posting!

~Sweets
SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Plays as: Toy, Andriarna Dirtytoes, Erin (Kymaanstir), Buk' Rhonzr

Return to Screenshots