Curses need to be looked at

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Dreams

Curses need to be looked at

Post by Dreams » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:59 am

This system is set up in a way that is very difficult for players to understand. Why can't Remove Curse remove curses? I get that it's intended for curses to come in varying levels of power. Why not just restrict it to the spell actually being cast? It doesn't need to be based on a high CL. Lesser Restoration, Restoration and Greater Restoration SHOULD work on various effects. Remove Curse SHOULD work on curses.

Why hasn't the poison system received the same treatment? Poisons are so easily removed and barely inconvenience anyone. I'm not suggesting that they should be made into what curse currently is. The unknown isn't scary, it's just very frustrating to play with in a game where some people are in the know and everyone else is Snuggle a Bugbear.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

Rubricae
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Location: Space Station 3 (Have you seen Carmen Miranda's ghost?)

Re: Curses need to be looked at

Post by Rubricae » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:59 pm

i

was under the impression that remove curse was supposed to remove all curses, greater or not

Spriggan Bride

Post by Spriggan Bride » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

I have a character who has been cursed for RL months. Every time I log in the curse instantly renews. I tried remove, all the restores, the pray command, even dying and respawning hasn't fixed it.

If that is the intended behavior I think at the very least death ought to remove a curse, or the means to do so should be easier to uncover? Or have an NPC who can do it for a painful cost or something if you just can't manage to FOIG?

Kite_Alaster2

Post by Kite_Alaster2 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:36 pm

Unless I'm wrong pretty sure remove curse should get rid of any and all curses. But also would need someone who could cast detect curse to figure out the curse effecting you prior to using it especially if it was a greater curse casted on someone. For it to work.

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 am

Spriggan Bride wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:11 pm

I have a character who has been cursed for RL months. Every time I log in the curse instantly renews. I tried remove, all the restores, the pray command, even dying and respawning hasn't fixed it.

If that is the intended behavior I think at the very least death ought to remove a curse, or the means to do so should be easier to uncover? Or have an NPC who can do it for a painful cost or something if you just can't manage to FOIG?

This sounds like a bug.
Mind that I can't say with certainty because I didn't look at the code, but there were some issues related to permacursing recently.

Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 am

No one can be sure for certain because none of it makes sense which is half of the problem.

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

Xarge VI

Post by Xarge VI » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:01 am

Dreams wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:39 am

No one can be sure for certain because none of it makes sense which is half of the problem.

So curses seem too arcane? :D (Sorry I had to. It was right there.)

Personally I like that curses are difficult to remove. As long as they don't cause Strength damage. No one wants to go about looking for a healer heavily encumbered. (Of course, death should cure all ails)