Content Additions

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Anomandaris

Content Additions

Post by Anomandaris » Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:32 pm

One of the things that keeps this place fresh is new content. Classes, areas, spells, textures and customization etc. Thanks for adding all this cool stuff over time.

I was thinking about what sort of content seems to add the most value/impact on the server experience and thought I'd share some thoughts for whatever they're worth.

While new content is always nice, I have come to think that increasing the depth of current content may also be interesting. The subtle elements that add depth to the world, and create a sense of dynamism or liveness are at the top of the (at least for me). I think about when I first discovered that shadow doors were a thing, it was such a neat layer to area design and travel that opened up so many possibilities. Or how certain UD races receive malus when on the surface in daylight. Noble dialogue interactions, or special racial interactions with NPCs evoke this same sense of world responsiveness.

It would be quite interesting to add additional environmental factors to certain areas, like currently present in the UD (faezress zones causing surges for surface PCs, Drow NPC ambush parties etc). Especially when they reinforce the setting/lore:
-An evil character going to Celestia via the Astrolabe should have some malus, and the inverse as well.
-This could also be applied to the major churches/temples (if you venerate the Diety you receive a temp mechanical bonus in the area).
-If a citizen of a settlement and in said settlement area, you can receive some temporary boon.
-Shadoweave users gain some benefit to spellcasting when within the shadowplane.

I'm not sure how feasible/practical some of these concepts are but they could add interesting layers to the existing environments on the server to make them feel even more interactive and responsive based on what character is in said area. Curious to hear if people have similar thoughts or different ideas!

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Content Additions

Post by Kuma » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:03 pm

These are suggestions, and the suggestion box is closed.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)