Westcliff would be a neat actual settlement

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Diegovog

Re: Westcliff would be a neat actual settlement

Post by Diegovog » Thu Mar 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Spriggan Bride wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:33 am
Sincra wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:47 pm

By this virtue alone any attempts to open it up again creates a play area that is outside the city but is still trying to influence it via votes as it will ultimately impact them.

As such it is unwise to restore Westcliff, it would have to be a seperate township with elections again to warrant a split, something I am confident the founding council would not allow, just as much as they should not be giving away territory of Guldorand to anyone.

I would bet most who want Westcliff to be its own thing don't want anything at all to do with influencing Guldorand. They want the small town experience again, which is very different than the big city vibes in Guld or Cordor, and in my experience a whole lot more accessible especially for players who aren't on 24/7.

My experience in old Westcliff was the opposite. Extremely clique, dominated by a small group of discord people and only active in peak hours.

If you want small town feeling you still get it in Westcliff. As in the hin town near Bendir (greyhammer?)