CURSES FEEDBACK

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Re: CURSES FEEDBACK

Post by Amnesy » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:40 am

serono wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:44 pm

As my character has spellcraft and the spell was identified but my character isnt meant to know the name and effects?
Its confusing!

Hello,

Was it Detect Curse use or did someone cast the spell on your PC?

If it was the latter, your spellcraft identified the spell, you can see exactly what curse has been cast.
As a victim of the curse, you get a notification of being cursed, and a fluff text hinting the effect (some curses share similar effects)

I might remove "yet the curse name remains unknown" from the notification of being cursed if it turns out to confuse.

Goldforge

Post by Goldforge » Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:51 pm

Amnesy wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:36 am

The change to necromancy was twofold:

• Standardizing to SRD / D&D 3.5e.
  • Having Shadow Shield block all curses (a breachable immunity).

I think the word-doc mentioned it, I'll add that information to the Excel and (hopefully Wiki if it is not there already) Empowered effects trigger if you have ESF or have levels in Harbinger Cursed Razor path.

I plan to adjust Evil Blight to be radial, will review it further once I have the script and SRD / D&D 3.5e Spell Compendium in front of me.

As for the Transmutation portfolio in general, let me think about it, come up with a couple of ideas, and talk with the rest of the team.

Lastly, for interactions with other races, perks, classes, and paths I am happy to review suggestions, you can DM me them, and I will make a short list, chat with the team, and add what is nice.

Thank you,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll definitely put together a short list of the kind of interactions that make the most sense.

Just to quicky restate what I feel is the most urgent issue; Evil Blight is still Transmutation as opposed to being Necromancy like all the other curse spells. Any Shadow Weavers (a large demographic of characters likely to use these spells) are going to have no bonus spell DC from Necro SFs, and on top of that, suffer a compounding -6 DC to all Transmutation spells, making the spell effectively worthless to them.

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Kuma » Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:42 pm

1: The spell should be renamed to Greater Bestow Curse, to better fit in with the rest of the game's spell naming conventions. Curse spells should also have its description properly rewritten to mirror default NWN formatting.

2: Scribing scrolls of it produces ten scrolls at a time, not whatever its innate level should create. It uses spell components correctly, though.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)