Area Ideas

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

WitchyEvil

Re: Area Ideas

Post by WitchyEvil » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:13 am

Kuma wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:08 am
WitchyEvil wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:28 am
Abyssal Trade Hub
Abyssal Quarters

I'd also love it if you had to be an Abyssalist and follow an Abyssal Power to own the Citadel, but I suppose that's a different thread.

There are plenty of places among the Abyss' many layers that are welcoming to travelers and traders, and I'd love to see this expanded for more RP locations and opportunities.

I also might be totally biased.
A Graz'zt-sponsored caravan of merchants in the 363rd from the Triple Realm of Azzagrat operating under Paush's dubious agreement out there in the Endless Wastes could be fun.
.. I would love this.

I also main a Graz'ztian Cultist so, still very Bias.

But seeing the area opened up more for RP and such would be amazing.
Currently Playing
Lilith Vensurai

Twohand
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Twohand » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:16 pm

A "friendly" demon outpost in the Abyss is something I've always wanted to see, even before I joined the team as a dev.
AddledPunster wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:32 am
A diving bell encounter where you come across a Gnome Merchant running a shop on the ocean floor. He's there to test an experimental bubble creating device that has created a pocket of air on the floor. He's also heard adventurers are diving in these waters, so he's using it as an opportunity to sell his wares. Make him like an underwater version of the Gnomish Trading Boat.

Put an abandoned stone sacrificial altar in the mountains or the forest. Just a place with a stone circle and a slab in the middle that someone can go lay down on. Don't put it at the end of a dungeon or anything, just out removed twist of the Arelith Forest, or in an out of the way corner of the Skull Crag mountains, just to be a setpiece people or DMs can use for RP. Plus, it'll be kinda funny when people start saying "C'mon gang, something fishy is going on at the old Sacrificial Altar!"
At the moment, there's two unique diving bell locations, but I don't think a lot of people found them yet, though. One day I'll try to convince ActionReplay and Irongron to let me add a Krusty Krab diving bell location somewhere (I've tinkered a few minutes with the toolset and it's 100% feasible!).

I like the idea of the sacrificial altar.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:18 am

I've always wanted to see a Prison in Celestia, where pcs could fight Celestials and free the foul and evil prisoners inside! Maybe even the prisoners could then show up as random encounters on the surface! Or there could be quests later to reclaim them, IDK.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Gullys

Post by Gullys » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:21 am

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:18 am
I've always wanted to see a Prison in Celestia, where pcs could fight Celestials and free the foul and evil prisoners inside! Maybe even the prisoners could then show up as random encounters on the surface! Or there could be quests later to reclaim them, IDK.
Love this idea! The assassin quests are similar to this with spawning an enemy where your quest directs you. It feels MUCH more personal on a player perspective.
Forum account moved to Goldeen

Scylon

Post by Scylon » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:40 am

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:18 am
This is a good idea as it adds to a more dynamic server. I have previously written about dynamic areas, this is a good soft start/approach to that.

Algol

Post by Algol » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:03 pm

An Umberhulk tunnel system could be cool.

It could connect some zones to each other, changing weekly or monthly. It could lead to some cool situations people ending up in places they shouldn't be!