[MEGATHREAD] Fixture Limit Reviews

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Martella

Re: [MEGATHREAD] Fixture Limit Reviews

Post by Martella » Thu Oct 05, 2023 8:17 pm

Acina wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:48 pm

Location: Guldorand (Fortress City) House ((BESIDE CORDOR EMBASSY))

Current Limit: 60

Favored Limit: 80 (100 would be amazing but I would be so thrilled with 80)

Reasoning: This is the largest property I've ever owned, but it has some flaws. The lighting is awful, and almost ten fixtures are immediately dedicated to lighting downstairs, and at least six would be required upstairs.. The upstairs space is a gigantic auditorium, which I will not be able to properly light. It is almost the size of Guldorand square.

The property is two huge maps, bigger than five or six quarters combined. I am asking for this as the current owner, for 80, so I may properly use the enormous space to host events (and, this space will be public under my ownership, I'd like others to be able to decorate) - but also so that the future owner too doesn't let the enormous space upstairs go to waste because it is so hard to furnish the downstairs alone.

I would be super happy with 80, but 100 would be grand. This is an abnormally large space. I sincerely hope it can be accommodated, for myself and future owners

Greetings, I am quoting this as I am submitting a request for the same space.

Location: Guldorand (Fortress City) House ((BESIDE CORDOR EMBASSY))

Favored Limit: 120-150

Reasoning:

This House includes a common area, kitchen, meeting room, bedroom, and event hall (Screenshots will be included below). To regulate this to only 60 fixtures is extremely difficult. Acina makes good points above, about hosting events and the fixture limit basically putting a stop to that.

My intention with the space is to host public events first and foremost. In order to do so, I must be able to furnish the upstairs and common areas to a degree. I feel even 80 fixtures far too small for the space to be used for public gatherings and events. To begin, there are what I call mandatory fixtures.

• The lighting both downstairs and upstairs requires fixtures; the minimum discussed by Acina.

• The dining/meeting hall requires fixtures or becomes barren and out of place.

There are also permanent fixtures that increase the limit but get in the way of the event space. A pair of buckets and stools sit in the middle of the event space - I would ask these be removed permanently.

Overall, by an increase to a 120 minimum, the needs of the space, as well as the function it can serve, can be achieved - turning it into a place to host RP gatherings.

Screenshots:
Second Floor/Event Space

Common Area

Dining Room/Bedroom

Kitchen

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 90 on 10/24/23

Vain_Duplicity

Post by Vain_Duplicity » Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:09 am

Hi, please can I request:

Current Limit: 260
Preferred Limit: 320-350
Reasoning: The Deep Gate Manor is a huge guild house with four main areas, and four internal ownable quarters on the same map. The lay-out is relatively sparse with pre-existing fixtures and furniture (and thank you for this, it’s a decorator’s delight, please keep it this way). Additionally, the map is very dark and poorly lit which makes for a fantastic opportunity to use the game’s lighting fixtures to create a cool atmosphere. However, this sort of thing is very fixture intensive. As such the current fixture limit is quite restrictive.
Thank you!

edit by whitewingeddove: after reviewing the size of the area, I've determined that the fixture limit is currently appropriate

ChubbyChubby

Post by ChubbyChubby » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:02 pm

Hi everyone!
I would like to ask if it is possible to increase the fixture limit of the "Upper Shyr (Farmstead)" area given that it is a very huge area and is used for events. :D

Shyr Fixture.jpg
Shyr Fixture.jpg (40.63 KiB) Viewed 23397 times

I don't know if this is the right place for other requests, if so I apologize: There are 3 enclosures with 3 NPC pigs in all: can at least 1 enclosure be replaced with some goats? (or other farm animals)

Another question: There is a "chivalric" tent that I don't understand if it has an RP component that I don't understand or if it is an out-of-place filling :|

tent shyr.jpg
tent shyr.jpg (3.44 KiB) Viewed 23397 times

Thanks regardless of the decision! :D

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 120 on 10/24/23

Dragonblaze

Post by Dragonblaze » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:51 pm

Hello there!
I'm writing here to ask if the fixture limit can be raised in the Shop\House I won recently in Guldorand.
I think that the area has shared fixtures with other places and on my arrival the shop was mostly full and could not furnish it because the limit was reached after nearly 10 placeables.
Most of the items highlighted in screenshots are already present from natural build.
Here the screens.
Current Limit: 195
Favored Limit: 250

Thank you in advance!

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 250 on 10/24/23

... Once was:
Halisstra Mizzrym
Yala
Elise Blackrose

actually playing ...
Syndra Ana'Elenath

helitron

Post by helitron » Mon Oct 23, 2023 4:45 pm

Ahoy, I would like to request a fixture limit increase for the Troubadour ship interior.
It is a large area with a lot of space and rooms that can be nicely decorated with available fixtures and placeables. Currently it is limited to 60 fixtures only. 100 to 120 fixtures would be ideal.

Area name: Ships (The Troubadour) Below Deck
Dimensions: 3 x 12
Fixture limit: 60 (current)
Area ResRef: shp_guil2_int

Thanks a lot!

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 80 on 10/24/23

Rolled characters:
William Bones; Durk Rotgrun; Hector Bartholomew; Rali Runehammer; Daris Blake; Nathaniel Silvers; Mordarok; Guy Silvers; Shayleth Shadowblood

Fume

Post by Fume » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:39 am

Hi,

I would please like to request a fixture limit raise.
My quarter in Halforc horde camp which I beleive shares space with 2 other quarters.
It is the quarter next to the one closest to the camp portal.
Owned by,
Vrork Sharager
It is named
Red Tusk Tavern.
Current limit 60
Asking for 100 or 120.( or anything more then now really)
Reason
The hoarde quarters are quite large and spacious.
I have turned my quarter into the camps/ factions Tavern.
To fill it out nicely, and put the amount of tables, chairs, stools, paintings, bedbunks etc would require the cap raised. Its about 80% done ATM but looks bare and missing things.

Thankyou regardless of outcome.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 140 on 10/24/23

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:47 am

Went through and reviewed the fixture requests, they should be adjusted with the next reset.

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:47 pm

Slight update, looks like the tool I had been using was bugged so didn't adjust the fixture limits. I've put in a fix for the tool, and I'll update once I'm able to correctly set the limits.

whitewingeddove
General Admin
General Admin

Post by whitewingeddove » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:50 pm

Good news everyone! Fixture count updates are now live in game.

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:02 pm

Whitewingdove is a hero.

Current Limit: 180
Preferred Limit: 300

This zone, and I imagine the other Treadstone homes, all share maps. While they're fairly sizable but not massive, the fixture limits are a bit low when you take into account they're two-story homes and shared between 3-4 people. Would love to have more room!! Thanks in advance for consideration!

edit by whitewingeddove: Since these houses are slightly more spacious than the other treadstone houses, I'll increase the limit. This space is shared by 3 houses, so each tenant should limit themselves to 65 fixtures. fixture limit increased to 195 on 10/27/23

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil

Fume

Post by Fume » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:28 am

whitewingeddove wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:50 pm

Thankyou very very much❤🙂👍

great balls of fire

Post by great balls of fire » Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:46 pm

Preferred Limit: 100-120

The Arcane Tower Apex is both a library and a major temple to mystra + the gallery of magical gods. Currently, 25-28 fixtures are bookcases (and liable to grow) with another 20ish used for the temple and all the magical gods. It'd be helpful to have a little more wiggle room to accommodate the two big "scenes" (library and magic temple) the area has to host.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 80 on 11/18/23

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:04 pm

whitewingeddove wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:50 pm

Thank you for the review and corrections! It has helped improve moral while increasing QoL!

PowerWord Rage

Post by PowerWord Rage » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:11 am

Preferred Limit: 100-120

The interior of the Half-orc camp stands for about 90% of the map space, if excluding the 'garden' on the edge of the map, the space that we often RP around is about 60% of the map space which is huge.
I propose for higher fixture limit because Half-orc camp isn't wilderness and there're effort from various players currently, building it up but...we've reached the fixture limit even though the entire camp still looks relatively empty.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 90 on 11/18/23

Cthuletta

Post by Cthuletta » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:30 pm

Current Limit: 280
Proposed Limit: 300+

Reasoning: With these large spacious houses, they are somewhat difficult to fully decorate, as it seems a few people are having trouble within the limits. I'm not sure if this map has three houses, or four, as I've heard it both ways, which leads to confusion on how many each quarter gets (70 or 93). The Greyport houses in general seem to struggle with the limits between all the various people.
I think a little bump of 20 fixtures (or more!) would help alleviate the issue, though.
Thanks for the consideration, keep up the great work Whitedove!

edit by whitewingeddove: Four quarters share this area, and after reviewing the quarter sizes, I've determined the current fixture count is appropriate. Each tenant should be limited to 70 fixtures each.

Juniper Oakley - A Little Bitey

Ny'aza 'Peggy' Philor'tyl - Travelling
Tiffa Took Hss'tafi - Happy in Sigil

BurntGnome

Post by BurntGnome » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:02 pm

Area name: guldcitya
Current Limit: 30
Proposed limit: 60

Guldorand is such a large open area, especially area "A". It covers the front half of the city as well as a massive outside area with the main road cutting across the front. 30 fixtures is simply not enough to share between everyone, and at 30, we risk losing fixtures due to crashes or unfortunately timed resets. Doubling that to 60 would give immediately relief to these issues, however I think it really ought be higher, at 80-100. 30 really limits the ability to add to the worldspace and make it feel alive, as well as making it difficult to setup for events and other needs the city has. It having even less fixture limit than Bendir makes little sense and really hampers player creativity. 60 would allow us alot more freedom in bringing flavor and life to the city, and its a modest increase over what it is now.

edit by whitewingeddove: These areas have a very low fixture count by design, and was confirmed by Irongron. City areas/streets with notable foot traffic and NPCs are kept low on purpose, so these areas will remain at 30

A Digital Vagrant

Post by A Digital Vagrant » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:49 am

The Cordor (Northern Outskirts) Trade Guild (Shops) - area ref ar_cmerchshp1

Current limit: 160
Requested limit: 300?

There are at least four shop-homes in this area all sharing the same budget!

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 210 on 12/22/23. Please note that not all quarters in this area are the same size, so I allocated more fixtures for the bigger quarters. That said, each tenant should have an allocation of 40 fixtures at least.

Rakiov

Post by Rakiov » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:19 am

Name: Southern Peninsula (Crow's Nest) House
Fixture Increase: 120 to 150-175 (this is a huge area and the fixture increase would go a long way)
Area Update: It would be nice if doors can be added since there is absolutely no doors in the entire place, as well the twin sized bed on the second floor gets replaced with a queen sized bed. Finally, this isn't necessary but would be a nice, a stage next to the window on the other side of the wall by the entrance.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 140 on 12/22/23. Also, this thread isn't for suggestions to permanently alter the area, so I can't make those adjustments.

Martin Colt

Post by Martin Colt » Thu Jan 04, 2024 3:38 pm

Hi team,

I am looking to get the fixture limit in the Guldorand Fortress City [Tower Home] upped to allow us to add more art and decorations. Thank you!

We have RP reasons for adding more art and some additional fixtures and have hit our limit of 80.

Thank you for your consideration!

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 100 on 1/6/24.

A Digital Vagrant

Post by A Digital Vagrant » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:27 pm

The Nomad could do with a decent uptick in fixture budget, as most of it is obviously used for the public areas (the majority of the space) and there's not a lot of budget left for the employees in the back (or the owner's Too-Small-Bedroom). (the 122 atm is not typical of the area, IC reasons)

I'd appreciate it if this could be reviewed, thank you :)

edit by whitewingeddove: This area was recently given a fixture count increase, and judging by the current fixtures in the area and the fact that it can still hold 28 more, I think the current fixture level is appropriate.

A Digital Vagrant

Post by A Digital Vagrant » Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:35 pm

edit by whitewingeddove: This area was recently given a fixture count increase, and judging by the current fixtures in the area and the fact that it can still hold 28 more, I think the current fixture level is appropriate.

That was because the previous owner had moved out already but the new one hadn't moved in, it's now maxed again already ;-;

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 175 on 1/16/24. A note that we want to limit fixtures in areas with higher traffic, so ensure fixtures are reasonably spread out and aren't disruptive to the flow of the area. I estimate about 60 fixtures being used for the quarter area, and the rest given to the public space.

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aradin » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:23 am

Hello!

The area: Cordor (The Walled City) Waterside Alley (House 1)
Area ResRef: ar_corduphous003

It currently has a fixture limit of 60 and is a fairly large property with two bedrooms. I'm wondering if it would be possible to raise the limit to 90 or 100 so the folks that play & stay here can do some more decoration. Thanks either way for taking the time!

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 85 on 2/14/24.

edit by Aradin: Thank you!

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.

Disaster Lesbian

Post by Disaster Lesbian » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:36 pm

Hello!

I'd like to request a fixture limit of the Nomad Theatre up from 180 to 220.

The Theatre is at a constant battle of trying to balance what fixtures we have in accordance to the performances we want to put on, as well as the fact that the location also houses two quarters. With an uptick to the fixture limit, we'd be able to further utilise the space we have, as well as ensure a higher quality production, with flexibility in what we are able to do.

Thank you for the time, either way!

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 200 on 4/1/24.
A few notes:
Some parts of this area are quite packed with fixtures already. I recommend paring down on quite a bit of these to free up more space. This is where you are going to get the most fixture space back.
My general calculation for fixtures here are 50 fixtures per quarter area, 50 fixtures for the communal hallway, and 50 fixtures to be used for the theatre and props. If you have more than 50 fixtures in your personal quarter area, (which is the entryway and private room), pare some of them down.

Player Of:
Veisha Calan - Active;
Vanna Orthae-Orseeva - Rolled; Has become a Human Shade
Liliana Elossa -Rolled; Fighting Fiends in Avernus
Szol Shadowclaw - Rolled; Gone to rend kneecaps
Sariah N'landroshien -Rolled; Has become one with the Hag

Windows95 CD-ROM

Post by Windows95 CD-ROM » Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:59 pm

Hello, I own the following quarter: Guldorand (City Port) Townhouse

Area name: Guldorand (City Port) Townhouse
Area resref: guldfporthouse
Current Space used: (59/60)

It currently has 60 fixture space but is a two floor house with 2 bed rooms.
First floor is a large kitchen and dining area with an equally large lounge.
Second floor is an expansive but empty area, with two bedrooms off it. One bedroom being an inner quarter that is larger than the guest bedroom.

Currently the space is being used as a gallery for artwork, I would appreciate if it could be considered for 100-150 due to size!

A side note but there is another quarter that may be identical just next door outside, if a change is done to mine they may benefit from the same for similar reasons.

Thank you.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 90 on 4/1/24 on this quarter and neighboring townhouse.

nobanion take the reins

Post by nobanion take the reins » Tue Apr 09, 2024 10:56 am

Area Name: Guldorand (Fortress City) Estate
Area resref: guldfporthous3
Current Fixture Limit: 59/60

This is a three story estate/manor guildhouse with two interior quarters. The shared spaces are very big and empty; while great for allowing customization with crafted furniture, it's a struggle to furnish within the limits while also making use of the amount of space.

Bringing the fixture limits to at least 100-120 would help a lot; as it is, I could reasonably see decorating each floor with 30-50 fixtures between furniture, art, and other fixtures to break up the large empty spaces.

edit by whitewingeddove: fixture limit increased to 120 on 4/23/24.