Raise system

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Reallylongunneededplayername

Raise system

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:33 pm

You died, bummer.

We now have a pop up that ask for raise concent, This is neat, Though..

The amount of "woops" makes me already hate it.

Lot of wasted raise items, Already annoying wonky working altars that now get a "oh, I was quickly getting X, Y and Z" to it.

Can we just get a -noraise and a Timer? Have a -noraise message pop as you enter death "Type -noraise to prevent being brought back" and can't be raises for a minute since death.

Or make raise scroll sellable in temples again :P
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

RedGiant

Re: Raise system

Post by RedGiant » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:27 am

Second this. Spent a good deal of time the other night trying to raise a willing participant and couldn't get an altar/shrine to work, nor were they getting their consent messages. Its too wonky at the moment.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:49 pm

With all due respect, please don't ask more features when I'm willing to fix the issue.

Make bug reports so I can narrow it down.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:54 pm

Sincra wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:49 pm
With all due respect, please don't ask more features when I'm willing to fix the issue.

Make bug reports so I can narrow it down.
The issue I've had a couple of times is that I've used a scroll on someone that recently died and went to make coffee / use the bathroom. I think the timer is perhaps a little too short, that's all. I have once experienced someone saying the rez bugged and didn't work, after they didn't reply to any PMs from any of my party for 5-10 minutes... :roll:

That said, I value the ability to refuse to be rezzed much more than every scroll I've ever had, so thank you for that. I like to take PC deaths seriously, so having the agency of coming back alive entirely in my own hands is a very big deal to me.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:59 pm

I'll discuss the timer with the team, it was set low on purpose via an initial discussion.

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:10 am

I feel like it's a judicious use of the Tell system to ask the person being resurrected if they are at they keyboard before using the resurrection item; if I'm wrong, DMs please inform me.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:11 pm

Amateur Hour wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 4:10 am
I feel like it's a judicious use of the Tell system to ask the person being resurrected if they are at they keyboard before using the resurrection item; if I'm wrong, DMs please inform me.
Honestly, I liked that people can just ressurect me without the pop up. *dies in dungeon* Oh, This may take a while, lemme watch a few memes.

Also: -notells bane of raise politeness.

-noraise would be the perfect system.
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:58 am

Or you could just... say no to the raise question? Or ignore it?

Amateur Hour

Post by Amateur Hour » Mon Mar 21, 2022 1:45 pm

Reallylongunneededplayername wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:11 pm

Also: -notells bane of raise politeness.
If you choose to play with -notells, you are actively ceding your right to any OOC communication that might make your life or game easier, like making sure you're at the keyboard before sending a yoink or a res. Frankly, if you're going to play with blanket -notells and then go away from your keyboard while still being logged in, particularly in a situation where you know dang well people have a reason to interact with you, you deserve everything that happens to you--or doesn't--because that's a self-created situation.

Most people who choose to play -notells say it's to preserve their immersion, and going away from your keyboard is as directly counter to "immersion" as receiving a Tell can be.

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:57 pm

I had to afk and was trying to run to log out when a player with -notells accosted me and stopped me. So I went afk and let them type while I dealt with things. Came back and they were being rude. Well dude, should I just log out in your face? Is that what you really want? It's not my fault I can't tell you I need to afk.

AstralUniverse

Post by AstralUniverse » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:26 pm

Party in the forest at midnight wrote:
Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:57 pm
I had to afk and was trying to run to log out when a player with -notells accosted me and stopped me. So I went afk and let them type while I dealt with things. Came back and they were being rude. Well dude, should I just log out in your face? Is that what you really want? It's not my fault I can't tell you I need to afk.
Not that I see how it's related to the thread. Did he pvp you while you were afk?

I actually think logging out in his face before the interaction even started is the right thing to do, since he had reasons to think you're not afk, while you actually were. If he assumes you logged in his face to dodge consequences without any real evidence then he's in the wrong to assume that and is playing in bad faith. That's not on you mate, either way.