Spellsword Imbue Weapon

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Apothys
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Spellsword Imbue Weapon

Post by Apothys » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:27 pm

After using my arcane Marauder for a little while now and my reach starting to spread to other servers, I'm starting to find the fact that i need to rest each time i pass through a server to server just to reimbue my blade really really frustrating.

Could it perhaps be put on a timer? Or is it stuck this way and i need to accept that this is the way it is with Spellswords.

Thanks for reading.

Talandis Tanor'Thal
Kalnafein Cress'delbarra
Tanis Thade
Merklynn Steelshadow II
Gulmyr Dro'Vaalvaz
Aerik Northman

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Spellsword Imbue Weapon

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:41 pm

I've done quite a bit of investigation since this is obviously unintended. Found a likely solution/workaround that should go live in a reset or two. Depending on script order, it'll either work automatically or at least let characters reactivate all imbues on their equipment by re-equipping one item. That remains to be seen when the fix is live, as it wasn't possible to replicate the problem in my test environment.

CookieMonster
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CookieMonster » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:10 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:41 pm
I've done quite a bit of investigation since this is obviously unintended. Found a likely solution/workaround that should go live in a reset or two. Depending on script order, it'll either work automatically or at least let characters reactivate all imbues on their equipment by re-equipping one item. That remains to be seen when the fix is live, as it wasn't possible to replicate the problem in my test environment.
It's not just imbues affected. Protect from Spells, Premonition and any elemental shields also fail to transfer with a server change sometimes, if that helps to narrow anything down
DM Spyre wrote:Someone has watched too much Dragonball Super.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:40 pm

The workaround for Imbue issues is live and so far appears to be working. Let me know if you encounter any more issues :)

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:06 am

Out of curiousity does imbue work similar to blade thirst? Rangers also have to rest going to server to server, because BT gets all sorts of messed up, and its exhausting to do when traveling.

Asking to see if this fix could be wider applied if that's the case.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:32 am

Skibbles wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:06 am
Out of curiousity does imbue work similar to blade thirst? Rangers also have to rest going to server to server, because BT gets all sorts of messed up, and its exhausting to do when traveling.

The workaround I've used here won't work for other weapon spells, unfortunately. It might help to create a bug report thread with all problematic weapon spells, though.
GMW for instance is still lost when the bug occurs.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:24 am

Kalopsia wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:32 am
Skibbles wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:06 am

The workaround I've used here won't work for other weapon spells, unfortunately. It might help to create a bug report thread with all problematic weapon spells, though.
GMW for instance is still lost when the bug occurs.
Dang! Well it was worth a shot. Here's the last report. I don't think any of it is different from then.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35413&p=277991&hil ... st#p277991
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.