Animals of Skal - Blue vs Red

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Animals of Skal - Blue vs Red

Post by The Kriv » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:28 pm

It seems like the critters on Skall are more apt to be "red" -even to character builds with high Animal Empathy compared to surface & cities/planes.

The tundra wolves appear to be pretty standard, but the bears... definitely not the same as surface (in terms of red vs blue)

And considering just the sheer density of the groups of animal spawns, in order to RP that your character is trying to move through the wooded/tundra regions WITHOUT killing every animal in their path.. this makes things... well... difficult, and I don't know the answer to it.

I can say that it would be my preference for ranger/druid builds, since to invest heavily in the Animal Empathy skill, you are already far beyond the level of most of the critters... to be able to move a bit more freely through these large packs and prides without having to lay waste to them... it would (at least IMHO) make more RP sense.

and when befriending them individually... guiding the animals to places they won't die... so that the group traveling with the Ranger/Druid can pass them WITHOUT killing them... when you release them, (especially the bears) they instantly turn red and run back and attack.

Is this something that can be addressed? Dealing with wild animals is SO MUCH MORE a part of traveling on the Skal server's main paths compared to surface & cordor.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Nevrus

Re: Animals of Skal - Blue vs Red

Post by Nevrus » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:14 pm

Are you traveling with animal companions/summons? I've noticed that when I have a summon it makes its own animal empathy check to avoid confrontation... And usually fails.
Ganus- Riding the Isle (Active)
Aura Bigstep - Got Out Ahead (Retired)
Egos Ironhide - Shelved
Consult a medical professional before believing anything Nevrus says.