Skaldark

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

RedGiant

Skaldark

Post by RedGiant » Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:38 am

While the visuals, atmosphere, and maze-like quality of the new Skaldark areas are praiseworthy, I hesitate to recommend this as a starting area.

I am a seasoned Arelith player, succeeding even on Brogdenstein's hard-scrabble beginnings in the pre-writ era, which, without appropriate Dwarven generosity, some might consider hard-mode.

By this standard, however, the Skaldark is brutal-mode. I have travelled for ten to fifteen minutes in a variety of directions without seeing a single spawn, and, when I finally do, it immediately kills my level three character. I suppose I could just portal to Andunor or Skal proper, but both of these options seem to immediately remove the player from the atmosphere we spent a reward to experience. In addition, there is absolutely no player population to help, at least during my log times.

I do thank the staff for their most generous reward refund option. Considering I now get Christmas cards from Kelemvor, in this case, I think I will take it.

I do have a lot more to say, but it would veer into suggestions, so I will stop here. I may swing a mid-level through these areas sometime, because I really like the feel and even some of the creative new beasties.

Cheers!
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Lunia

Re: Skaldark

Post by Lunia » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:49 am

I found most of it not too bad. I can see why you would struggle at LVL 3 I think your best going straight to skall to be honest. Only advice I would give is stay the hell away from them myconids. At low level they gave me a right hard time. :lol: