Sencliff and Storage

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Archnon

Sencliff and Storage

Post by Archnon » Sat May 11, 2019 10:47 pm

So I am loving the love for Sencliff right now. New low level quests, new housing options and more information to make it easier to join up. However, I have just one problem. I have been trying to build a good pirate character for a while. First, it was the trouble with low level characters. However, now there is still one thing getting in my way. I have a level 12 character whose personality would be great at Sencliff. However, it would be a secondary character for me and my primary character already has a house and is using it for explicit RP purposes. Which means that any pirate I create will have access to 0 storage.

Pirates are banned from joining towns. As a result, unless you can get a house, you get no storage. If you already have a toon with a house, then to be a pirate you pretty much have to give up on crafting anything. It would be awesome if we could develop a pirate buried treasure chest somewhere on Sencliff. When you take the ink, you get told where it is and your storage space is tied to your pirate rank. It could even cap out at 6 or even 8 items. Just to give the wayward pirate somewhere to store their loot. I think this would generate a lot more pirate interest and apologies for using the feedback thread for a suggestion.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Re: Sencliff and Storage

Post by The GrumpyCat » Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 am

I kinda like this idea, so the following is really strictly me playing 'devils advocate', but you could argue that in a way being stymied for crafting is a -good- thing for pirate RP, as it encourages pirates to make their gold as they should - on ill-begotten heists on the high seas!
That said, for what it's worth I do actually like this idea, especialy if it gives you a little -less- storage than citizenship. So there's still drawbacks, but you arn't utterly stuck for storage.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Brahtius

Re: Sencliff and Storage

Post by Brahtius » Sun May 12, 2019 9:57 pm

Are the storage vaults going to receive chests?