PGCC - Dwarf/Anvil

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Zavandar

PGCC - Dwarf/Anvil

Post by Zavandar » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:47 am

Can we have these back?

I know that it had the opportunity to be abused (looking at people that make weapons with +80 damage on them), but the dwarf/anvil combo let people make items that really helped to facilitate testing.

Examples:
  • I could make a necklace that had +12 con/str so I didn't have to fish for 5's from wands.
  • Make a potion with infinite castings of Heal so someone could test holy sword on me and I wouldn't die.
  • Make gear with all the skills my gear would have so I don't have to make every individual piece.
  • Make items that haven't transferred to the PGCC yet (like Dead Man's Cross).
  • Make gear that would replicate 5% gear on live without having to spend the time actually fishing for a 5%
That was just to name a few. The dwarf/anvil saved SO much time, and can really help test things fully. Without it, proper testing can be extremely tedious.
Intelligence is too important

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: PGCC - Dwarf/Anvil

Post by Zaravella » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:22 am

Hey.... I liked my +20 Bastard Holy Sword. Lol...

But yes seconded. Please bring back the dwarf or at least make Arelith crafting and items be available for testing as well. Thank you.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am

Yes, seconded too. At the moment instead of making an item with all the end stats you'll get from equipment + wands, you need to actually try 5%ing your items, because the basin works with the actual probabilities.
Probably would be good to display the actual probabilities of success but make it an auto-success anyway.

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:57 am

+1, We are lazy, Forgive us.
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

naturaly

Post by naturaly » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:44 pm

+1 please.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi,

I am in the process of ensuring that the stores are updated to Arelith standards of what are available to players and removing the old items.

The script involving the Dwarf needs work and testing to make it cap off additions to appropriate levels in regards to Arelith. I can not confirm or deny if it will be back. I’ll leave that for Mord.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.