Thrown Ammo

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Heroic Spirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Thrown Ammo

Post by Heroic Spirit » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:55 pm

So recently, I've gotten into using throwing weapons on my ranger - most notably the shuriken. At my current level, I can't feel for it's true strength yet, as thrown ammo has level requirements that the traditional ammo arrows/bullets/bolts do not. That said, I can't help to think that thrown ammo feels a bit clunky. At present, they only stack up to 250 vs 500. Aside from that, once the character runs out of ammunition, it decides to run up and punch it's target.

I think a QoL change to automatically equip the next stack of thrown items would fit nicely here.

Aside from that, I think it would be pretty awesome if shuriken could be made into the kukri of ranged weapons as far as critical threat is concerned, since their base damage is comparable (and they lack mighty). Again, I haven't finished building the character, so I'm not sure what it's capable of at higher levels.

Let me know your thoughts!

Poolbrain
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Thrown Ammo

Post by Poolbrain » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:15 am

I agree with the level requirements. Put a lot of energy getting a stable template with 4 positive damage and d6 fire only to realize I need to be 13 to use it. Got rid of the fire and still lvl 10 on steel shurikens with 4 div damage.