Nighttime travel

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

milo

Nighttime travel

Post by milo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:06 pm

I wanted to bring up the idea for discussion of making night-time travel more dangerous than daytime travel for the lone adventurer. Maybe through the use of higher tiered mobs or different skilled monsters that hunt at night to survive.

For example the trade route, at night time, having an increase presence of monsters in the area preventing fast movement making characters consider the dangers more of travelling at night compared to daytime.

I feel increasing the level of danger during the night compared to daylight would allow for:
Any (PC) ambushers or raiders a more difficult time moving from one place to another at night. As well as reducing the speed at which a potential adventurer can move from one settlement to another at night time or get away from ambushers that seek to confront them. Encouraging the use of settlements, camps, or other strategies at night.

I understand this may or may not already be implemented in areas in the game. However, I feel it could be discussed further.

Sartain

Re: Nighttime travel

Post by Sartain » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:41 pm

It's a pretty cool idea but should probably also involve adjusting the in-game time progression so days and nights are both a bit longer

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Nighttime travel

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:28 pm

I think this already is a thing in some hostile outdoor areas with more mobs spawning at night, but I'd love to see it implemented everywhere, especially on the roads =)
Different, unique encounters only showing up at night would be absolutely amazing as well.