Everyone on the surface is more evil then anyone in the underdark

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

TastyBison

Everyone on the surface is more evil then anyone in the underdark

Post by TastyBison » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:13 pm

There's a lot of deep corruption within the surface cities because people claim to be "guards" or "mayors" but they are just using this as a ploy to kill people for no reason, I've had multiple accounts of my friend dying for running in town as a monk even know the people killing him aren't trying to arrest him they are straight up killing him for running, I've personally been killed for having my weapon out even know I was leaving and not resisting a arrest because I wasn't being arrested. People need to be monitor on the surface and reformed completely because it's against their alignment because they claimed they aren't evil but are acting evil.
I've played everywhere pretty much and everyone on the surface (not including skal) are incredible bloodthirsty and will kill you over minor reason yet in the underdark where murder is the norm I have yet to be killed for minor crimes and I actually actively made fun of people down there in character to their character's face. yet on the surface I die for not even commiting a crime, It's ridiculous unfun and not RP friendly, In what universe do the good guys kill for minor or no crimes?
I suggest they are stripped of their title or with some other punish should be given out to these people.
Just imagine a cop shooting you for running outside...

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Everyone on the surface is more evil then anyone in the underdark

Post by The Rambling Midget » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:24 pm

It sounds like you ran into a few bad eggs. These incidents should be reported directly to the DMs through a forum PM, so that they can be looked into. The DMs may also be able to give you advice on how to avoid such problems, as you may be doing something that attracts negative attention.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:27 pm

It sounds like your character ran afoul of the enhanced peacebond that's currently going on in Cordor because it's at war. I'd suggest if you think any rules were broken you send the active DM team a PM here on the forums and report it, but it's generally not their policy to oust entire faction leaders over an individual dying.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

liver and bones

Post by liver and bones » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:29 pm

As far as which is more evil, I say that's totally justifiable for surfacers to potentially be more evil than the Underdark. In my opinion, most Surfacers tend to go overboard with ideas closest to lawful good. The moment they smell evil you're going to be ridiculed and exiled.

However, with the context you've given it sounds like what TRM mentioned; bad eggs that need to be reported. Help not just yourself but others by reporting them.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:30 pm

I'm going to lock this due to this being pretty specific.

I will say to keep in mind that options for subduing characters are rather limited. If after being told to stop something, a character does not go along with the rp, then a lot of the main 'options' avaialbe are, alas, lethal.

AKA if a guard yells at a character to 'stop' and they do not do so, then whilst yes it would be good if there were more options for the average pc to employ other than lethality, sometimes the most obvious and only option is lethal.

That said I do encourage guards ect to explore these other options when possible. For now though, locking the topic.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)