End of the Crypt's dungeon too 'Rocks Fall'

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

UilliamNebel

End of the Crypt's dungeon too 'Rocks Fall'

Post by UilliamNebel » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:58 am

Sorry, but three level reducing traps, with such a high DC? That was way too much. Basically made the rest of the dungeon undoable despite getting right at the end. Was very, very disappointing for the amount of time it took to get there.

Miskol
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: End of the Crypt's dungeon too 'Rocks Fall'

Post by Miskol » Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:07 am

There's always negative energy protection potions, which are pretty common drops.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:32 am

Miskol wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:07 am
There's always negative energy protection potions, which are pretty common drops.
Eeeh. Not that common for some players. I've gone from 1-30 without ever finding one on some charactes, while on others I end up finding ridiculous amounts. There's spells that protect against it too and you could bring those, but I think the OP had a good point. The trap is a bit strong for the area.

It was a good challenge back before writs because it just meant it was a spooky place no one would go, but now you're sort of expected to do this content at a certain level and the traps really make it not worth taking that job. I wouldn't ask that they're removed, but maybe toned down or have less of them?

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:31 am

From my experience, warding potions actually drop in this dungeon, I think it is done on purpose. Personally I don't recall I got in trouble there, but I was also playing a paladin !
Lowering DC or removing level drain may be appropriate.

Sockss

Post by Sockss » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:29 am

Bring restoration scrolls.

Also -pray works very well if you're stuck without one.
Thankfully this team is no longer being used.

Sockss#5567 for nwn mechanics questions.

boggle99

Post by boggle99 » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:46 pm

I disagree, I love this dungeon and think it is one of the most enjoyable low level dungeons in the game. The crypts is the first real dungeon you have to take seriously. You need someone with reflex saves to get in, someone or something to ward against negative energy. A good tank to hold the boss and a decent dps provider to break the stone. In other words it forces you to get a party together.

If you manage that then it is a tough but doable dungeon that really gives a sense of achievement the first time your group completes it. I have never completed this dungeon with a level appropriate group and not come out thinking it was awesome. Often forging bonds that last the characters a life time as they all remember that time they almost died doing this thing and without each other they would have surely failed.