IC trade forum area

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

TraumaTeam

IC trade forum area

Post by TraumaTeam » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:24 pm

As the suggestions area is currently under temporary lock I am following the directions there to post some feed back in lue.

I have several characters that either make things to trade or have collected things they wish to trade (some of whom do not have high strength to have a functionally infinite weight allowance) And wondered if it was about time we had an In character forum section where IC auctions and sales posts can be made and responded too.

Yes I am aware we have an in game message board and that is fine for small one way conversation announcements or statements but for auctions and sales it is inadequate for those of us who can not sit in game checking it every brief period or likewise can not sit at a temporary shop all real life day but who want our game time to be spend adventuring and role-playing daring do not shop keeping!

Obviously this isn't a matter of great urgency or anything but it would be a relatively simple thing to implement and as long as it is a rule that all posts follow certain guidelines and are strictly IC ( I can offer some guidelines) I do not think it will cause any problems.

TT

Baron Saturday

Re: IC trade forum area

Post by Baron Saturday » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:13 pm

I don't see this happening. It's long been Arelith policy that any and all character interactions need to happen ingame. For reference, here's what was posted when people started using the IC Stories section to send letters between characters:
DM GrumpyCat wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:21 pm
A gentle reminder that IC stories are not to be IC interactions. No Roleplay should happen on the forums.

This means that Player Characters should not be exchanging letters to other Player Characters on the forums. If you wish to exchange letters, use the In Game methods to do so.

If you want to 'write letters home' to nebulous npc members of your characters family - that is of course completely fine. But you shouldn't be writing, and recieving replies from, other Player Characters.

Thank you.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:14 pm

As Baron Saturday said, this is not happening.
Please don't feed my sister.

TraumaTeam

Post by TraumaTeam » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:40 pm

I see.

A shame I think, I also have to say that whilst I can see where Baron is coming from, such a board as I suggest would be a means of setting up RP in game based on the messages left on the board which would in character terms be the message boards situated in the settlement named in the original auction post.

As it stands to say it is cumbersome and neigh on impossible to marry up real life people in global timezones and shop keeping to sell their wares, such a board would provide a means for people to have their characters briefly discuss via IC message boards then have the players contrive a time to meet in game.

But if it is a no in the face of solid reason so be it!

Vendor trash it shall be :P

TT

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

You can arrange meetings IG, and place a desired timezone, you'll see posts by players with such arranged meetings. You can send tells IG, to try to arrange to be on at the same time.

Forum use entirely avoidable/unnecessary.
Please don't feed my sister.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:13 pm

TraumaTeam wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:40 pm
As it stands to say it is cumbersome and neigh on impossible to marry up real life people in global timezones and shop keeping to sell their wares, such a board would provide a means for people to have their characters briefly discuss via IC message boards then have the players contrive a time to meet in game.
There are a lot of PC shopkeeps who will sell things on consignment, or buy them for a lower, but significant, percentage of their value.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill