Improved Disarm and Unbalanced Consequence in PvP

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Xerah

Re: Improved Disarm and Unbalanced Consequence in PvP

Post by Xerah » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:18 pm

Biolab00 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:10 pm
If it went back to your inventory, then it's probably not logical?
I don't know why people constantly bring "logical" into any discussion for a game like this. There are so many systems and such that make absolutely no logical sense. But, this is a game and things are done to improve gameplay experience, and thus fun.

"Oh, you want to sail to the crow's nest? Well, that's a 6h journey, so please afk for 36 minutes."
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Improved Disarm and Unbalanced Consequence in PvP

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 pm

If you are going around and disarming people's weapons because you want to act like an unseelie witch, you will end up in trouble.(Unless you are literally an unseelie witch, but then you probably don't have disarm)

I would hope a player seeking quality RP, in the event of using disarm, might consider picking up the lost weapon and offer a way to get it back. This is nice/fun and builds a narrative.

It doesn't mean you HAVE to give it back, there are times it makes sense just as much not to, and ways to do it tastefully. But if your character's premise is going around collecting people's weapons as some bandit, then please re-visit your concept now before you get talked to.

Closed.
Please don't feed my sister.