Pure Fighter - Boons for 2h Fighters?

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Beard Master Flex

Pure Fighter - Boons for 2h Fighters?

Post by Beard Master Flex » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:34 pm

As it stands the pure fighter gets some juicy bonuses to their AC if you forgo dipping in other classes, however a large portion of that AC comes in the form of Shield AC which doesn't really help those fighters who wish to wield a two handed weapon.

It would be nice if there was some additional cookie made available to fighters of two-handed weapons - whether that would be 2x Strength Modifier to damage or some additional AB or an APR or something, even if the additional AC was added to Armor and Deflection so that all fighters can benefit equally.

Orian_666

Re: Pure Fighter - Boons for 2h Fighters?

Post by Orian_666 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:17 pm

Using a 2 handed weapon already grants +2 to AB and as far as I know you also get 1.5x Str damage instead of the flat modifier for a 1 handed. eg. someone with 30 Str using a longsword gets +10 damage, using a greatsword +2 AB and +15 damage.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by The Rambling Midget » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:33 pm

Yeah. Twohanding already gets you some pretty great bonuses. The only thing I could think to add without making them ridiculously powerful is maybe multiplying WS/EWS by 1.5 to match the strength boost after Fighter level 21.
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

Jagel

Post by Jagel » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:50 am

A pure fighter will also have plenty feats to get dual weapon feats

Richørd

Post by Richørd » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:46 am

I seriously believe any non caster and UMD build to just be a meme at this point after the removal of Kensai.

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:32 pm

Non-caster and no-UMD builds have always been a meme. for the love of god don't derail this poor, innocent thread into a UMD one

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:42 am

2hander fighters already have nice bonuses, they don't need a buff.

I do, however, think that fighters with 22fighter levels should get a small buff where if they are dual wielding, they can decide to boost their AC by 2, or their AB by 2 while their weapons are out.

In short, give dedicated dual wielder fighters a little oomph, without boosting the 20/7/3 WM builds.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

MorallyGrey

Post by MorallyGrey » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:57 pm

Durvayas wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:42 am
2hander fighters already have nice bonuses, they don't need a buff.

I do, however, think that fighters with 22fighter levels should get a small buff where if they are dual wielding, they can decide to boost their AC by 2, or their AB by 2 while their weapons are out.

In short, give dedicated dual wielder fighters a little oomph, without boosting the 20/7/3 WM builds.
They can already do that. You specialize in a two-blade weapon for +2 ab, or you specialize in a dual-wieldable 1h and get the versatility of being able to equip a shield on demand without losing all your weapon focus/specs.
Varith Fletcher

Volograd
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Volograd » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:12 pm

I wouldn’t mind a toggle that allows a two-handed Fighter to trade his +2 AB for a +2 AC.

This might be a little redundant with Expertise, but it helps mitigate the losses incurred when not using a shield, which will help diversify our population.

I find it a bit jarring to see just about everyone carrying a tower shield around, but that’s another topic for another time.

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:52 pm

DM Titania wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 1:24 pm

Reminder:

forum.arelith.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=22721

(That said, this is more of a brainstorm, which is fine).
Link didn't work.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:27 pm

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=22721

It does now. (Or see the stickied post now on feedback).
Please don't feed my sister.

Beard Master Flex

Post by Beard Master Flex » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 pm

I guess I just want to live in the world where I can play a non UMD martial character and still be cool! lol

I fully respect that Multiclassing is part of the game and that really powerful builds like the Weapon Master fighter exist, and that if I want to play a 2h fighter that is the route I should take.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Beard Master Flex wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 pm
I guess I just want to live in the world where I can play a non UMD martial character and still be cool! lol

I fully respect that Multiclassing is part of the game and that really powerful builds like the Weapon Master fighter exist, and that if I want to play a 2h fighter that is the route I should take.
you can play that and play fighter weapon master champion of whatever god and not have to use umd and still be a melee badass
Yes I can sign