The Bad Boys From Wharftown

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Richørd

The Bad Boys From Wharftown

Post by Richørd » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:08 am

Yeah ... that writ. A bit too hard once you get to the third floor of the WTB-Hideout. Maybe consider reducing the amount of Morghunn's Soldiers that spawn there? I'd normally recommend simply reducing their AC and armor to be more in line with the rest of that writ ... but that'd just nerf Morghunn's hideout aswell. Otherwise the Werewolves also feel totally out of place there when comparing them to the rest of the Wharftown Boys gang.

And considering that this is a writ for level 6 to 12? Holy moly, I can't imagine how hard a group of 6's gets destroyed once they reach the third floor.

Royal Blood

Re: The Bad Boys From Wharftown

Post by Royal Blood » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:26 am

At those low levels you definitely need to prepare for the third level and be sure you're strategically grabbing mob attention.

It's hard, but I'm not sure it's too hard? With the right prep and classes I've not had any issues with it.

The only reason I chime in is because I think there is often a jump to requesting the nerfing of dungeons but there are many other variables to be considered.
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Nitro

Post by Nitro » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:22 pm

I've never had problems with that dungeon either, I usually solo it for easy writs from level 8 onwards, and I've ran it with groups of level 6's before without much trouble. I've also never seen Morghunns soldiers spawn without one party member being at least 10+ by which time they're easier to deal with.

Memelord

Post by Memelord » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:27 pm

It's a running theme on Arelith that danger levels randomly spike towards bosses and on the lowest levels of dungeons, usually in orders of magnitude greater than the levels before and with very little warning. You get used to it or you just ignore dungeons until you can't help it.

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:29 pm

I've had the higher levels not spawn down there. I agree they do seem pretty strong for when the quest is offered.

good man of god
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by good man of god » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:40 pm

This writ is not difficult if you prepare properly and play well.

That dungeon has also been around for years, and always been a good one imo.

Previous:
Tornius Daressin
Matthew Daressin-Gravelle
Asvusha (Blake Lynk)
Sebastian Webster

Current:
Inkwell Thornwhisper

The Kriv
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by The Kriv » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:01 pm

also, keep in mind that not every writ's objectives are suited for solo accomplishment by EVERY class or build. Just because you can complete one, two, or even many writ objectives for your level range, doesn't mean you suited to complete the objectives to EVERY writ at that level range. This one could very well be that other players of characters with different builds have better success than you with that specific character.
-Unit of beauty required to launch one ship = 1 milihelen

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:10 am

seen a wide variety of spawns on the 3rd level here, from one or two per zone to five to seven in the same area

same in the boss fight, him alone or with one guard or him with seven of both WTB Morghun Soldier and a pair of Werewolves

its completely random
Yes I can sign