runic crafting

An area to facilitate free-form feedback on systems (in-game or out) related to Arelith.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Ebonstar

runic crafting

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:12 pm

feed back for this suggestion

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21266

i agree that clay drops could be better or lockers in epic dungeons become unbreakable and not able to be picked by those without a dedicated rogue( my added part)

clay binds for runes but not all runics, so i would say boost it say double what it is now not 10000000% and all should be well. the idead of runes are to be exceptional not the norm after all

however adamantine has dropped dramatically in price per ingot 35k to 50 k depending where you shop, which is about right and was due for a market adjustment, so i would remove that from the suggestion.
Yes I can sign

Hazard

Re: runic crafting

Post by Hazard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:32 pm

Ebonstar wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:12 pm
feed back for this suggestion

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21266

i agree that clay drops could be better or lockers in epic dungeons become unbreakable and not able to be picked by those without a dedicated rogue( my added part)

clay binds for runes but not all runics, so i would say boost it say double what it is now not 10000000% and all should be well. the idead of runes are to be exceptional not the norm after all

however adamantine has dropped dramatically in price per ingot 35k to 50 k depending where you shop, which is about right and was due for a market adjustment, so i would remove that from the suggestion.
I am strongly against unbreakable or unpickable locks. To get the best chance at/most amounts of the high quality treasure? YES! But there are few things more disappointing than a person or group finally scraping through, after hours of struggling to get to the end of a huge dungeon just to find ... Literally nothing. Maybe zinc. You should at least have the ability to smash your way in and get some broken crap that /might/ be good if you're lucky.

Rogues should have the big advantage, but 0% chance for other classes is not the most fun.

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:45 pm

same feeling as when you have a rogue with your group and you get to the end after the same amount of time and find no chest whatsoever or find that a solo caster with a pixie makes a farming run

take out the pixie unlocking and the breaking and then all sides win
Yes I can sign

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:51 pm

Ebonstar wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:45 pm
same feeling as when you have a rogue with your group and you get to the end after the same amount of time and find no chest whatsoever or find that a solo caster with a pixie makes a farming run

The difference is that you're describing an entirely different problem. You're running into no loot, but still have a chance to get some. Without a rogue, and with rogue only accessible loot, the party would have no chance to get the loot. There needs to be some chance or possibility.

Taking out the pixie unlocking and breaking, is not all sides win. Sorry. I completely disagree and would hate to see this change come.

I agree rogues should have the advantage in highest probability of gaining material wealth/power from a dungeon, but we can't limit a party without a rogue to a 0% chance of getting something.

naturaly

Post by naturaly » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 pm

Maybe bashing the chest should be a dialogue option instead of mechanically possible. A lot of ore is right next to rune chests and more than once I’ve ordered my team to bash the chest on accident with the player tool.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:38 pm

naturaly wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:34 pm
Maybe bashing the chest should be a dialogue option instead of mechanically possible. A lot of ore is right next to rune chests and more than once I’ve ordered my team to bash the chest on accident with the player tool.
Hey, that's a clever idea. I like that. Kinda like how PC owned doors have a dialogue for bashing/picking. Then it won't be broken for the next group that comes along! +1

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:37 am

dialog would work sure but doesnt fix the solo caster grinding epic loot because they can walk through a dungeon behind a summon where as parties take the time to form and actually involve others.

Now done get me wrong, im all for those shops who have awesome crafted runic items, but when you see them always from the same shops and you ask around and noone has a clue who these people are, it makes you wonder

maybe not a dedicated rogue persay being needed, but make them pixie proof to counter soloing in grind loops

citing the last three trips where we go to a place for a chance at epic materials the armor shrines are picked clean with one time the other chest was full of crap that someone dumped inside to make room for whatever was worthwhile

it just gets ridiculous for this to happen time after time after time
Yes I can sign

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:09 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:37 am
dialog would work sure but doesnt fix the solo caster grinding epic loot because they can walk through a dungeon behind a summon where as parties take the time to form and actually involve others.

Now done get me wrong, im all for those shops who have awesome crafted runic items, but when you see them always from the same shops and you ask around and noone has a clue who these people are, it makes you wonder

maybe not a dedicated rogue persay being needed, but make them pixie proof to counter soloing in grind loops

citing the last three trips where we go to a place for a chance at epic materials the armor shrines are picked clean with one time the other chest was full of crap that someone dumped inside to make room for whatever was worthwhile

it just gets ridiculous for this to happen time after time after time
Pixies cannot access the dialog menu, so it would prevent them from being used as a rogue replacement, while still giving the ability to 'break in' for groups without a rogue. I am guessing, anyway.

Also, what dungeons that spawn epic loot are being solo'd by casters? Even my monolithic elementals get shredded down in seconds in most places.

Halibutthead

Post by Halibutthead » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:42 am

i could get behind the idea of reworking the pixie to do something other than "most of a rogue's niche," but you might want to dial back those feelings about solo characters who have just as much right to the loot as you have.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:45 am

Okay first of all, nerfing pixis wont stop solo grinders, because of a wand-able spell called: Knock. (So even then it may not even be CASTERS soloing a place) and making it where it doesn't work on chests, would totally defeat the point of it existing and just making it completely un-usable that it might as well be removed from the game, because it also doesn't work on doors.

Honestly I'd just turn down some of the loot-respawners, as the game clearly has gotten a lot more traffic player wise, then it had in the past when the the timers where adjusted.

Believe me, I know the frustration, I've come a crossed nothing BUT empty chests when I go out, to the point I've stopped going to dungeons, cause whats the point? Everything's just going to be empty.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:04 am

Atlantahammy wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:45 am
Okay first of all, nerfing pixis wont stop solo grinders, because of a wand-able spell called: Knock. (So even then it may not even be CASTERS soloing a place) and making it where it doesn't work on chests, would totally defeat the point of it existing and just making it completely un-usable that it might as well be removed from the game, because it also doesn't work on doors.

Honestly I'd just turn down some of the loot-respawners, as the game clearly has gotten a lot more traffic player wise, then it had in the past when the the timers where adjusted.

Believe me, I know the frustration, I've come a crossed nothing BUT empty chests when I go out, to the point I've stopped going to dungeons, cause whats the point? Everything's just going to be empty.
The last thing we need is less spells, imo. I would hate to see knock be made even less useful/removed, so I agree. Dont't care so much about pixies, but I'm happy with how they are now.

Rogues had a big buff and update recently and they're in a good spot. I don't think there's much to complain about, other than finding empty loot rooms. It would be nice if all the loot respawned at the same rate as the boss and mobs around it do, so that if you fight your way through you get the treasure!

I'd like a way for things to be unlootable UNLESS you kill the boss too. I see waaaaaaay too many people just ninja looting while circle grinding. I've heard multiple people refer to "millions" of gold, as if it were pocket change. The economy is garbage ATM and it's because of certain builds. It is NOT mages.

Lunargent

Post by Lunargent » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:33 am

Ebonstar wrote:

Rogues are already very powerful now. There is not a 'poor rogues' scenario now. If anything, they could stand to be nerfed a little bit.

We no longer need to feel like rogues need to be 'thrown a bone' so to speak, because they are already immensely useful in a party otherwise.

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:04 am

I read that far less 'poor rogue' and far more uber twinked pro-toons soloing end game could use some reason to actually invite somebody along. There's a guy 'round here that said something about this being a multi-player game? (and yes, my mage took the Pixie, has a couple ranks in OL/PP/DD, and carries a Knock wand - duh)
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 am

Lunargent wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:33 am
Ebonstar wrote:

Rogues are already very powerful now. There is not a 'poor rogues' scenario now. If anything, they could stand to be nerfed a little bit.

We no longer need to feel like rogues need to be 'thrown a bone' so to speak, because they are already immensely useful in a party otherwise.
not saying empower a rogue, and they do not need nerfing, what the trouble is yes they are very useful in party until you take 2 hours get to the end loot and its empty because like above someone stealthed the whole place and swiped the loot.

maybe loot renewal needs to spawn each time the boss does or a random fight before the boss triggers the loot spawn, that way you cant sneak by the whole place and swipe the loot cause you didnt trigger the fight
Yes I can sign

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:17 am

Ebonstar wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 am
Lunargent wrote:
Ebonstar wrote:

not saying empower a rogue, and they do not need nerfing, what the trouble is yes they are very useful in party until you take 2 hours get to the end loot and its empty because like above someone stealthed the whole place and swiped the loot.

maybe loot renewal needs to spawn each time the boss does or a random fight before the boss triggers the loot spawn, that way you cant sneak by the whole place and swipe the loot cause you didnt trigger the fight
considering I've fought an hour through arulites, only to get to the last room and find it not only totally looted, and the boss door open, but the boss totally unfaught on multiple occasions, with the chests totally looted?

I'd be more down for the chests spawning loot after the boss is defeated, least give those us who went through the area painstakingly have some sort of reward, however I recognize a few abusable factors:

1. People would exit the boss room, wait for it to reaspawn, and go back in and fight 'em again, proving to be much more exploity then the current system or if the spawner timer was adjusted.

2. Thaaat would probably be a nightmare to code.

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:02 am

Atlantahammy wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:17 am
Ebonstar wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:46 am
Lunargent wrote:

considering I've fought an hour through arulites, only to get to the last room and find it not only totally looted, and the boss door open, but the boss totally unfaught on multiple occasions, with the chests totally looted?

I'd be more down for the chests spawning loot after the boss is defeated, least give those us who went through the area painstakingly have some sort of reward, however I recognize a few abusable factors:

1. People would exit the boss room, wait for it to reaspawn, and go back in and fight 'em again, proving to be much more exploity then the current system or if the spawner timer was adjusted.

2. Thaaat would probably be a nightmare to code.
People should be reported for that!

Halibutthead

Post by Halibutthead » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:08 pm

I was always under the impression that it takes longer for loot to respawn than it does mobs. Are you sure the boss was "totally unfaught?"

Not that i think it matters... someone may have been playing arelith as a fantasy splinter cell instead of as the ARPG most treat it as

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Gotta go to the less popular dungeons. RDI / Aurilite Temple are pretty high traffic dungeons.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:06 pm

Halibutthead wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:08 pm
I was always under the impression that it takes longer for loot to respawn than it does mobs. Are you sure the boss was "totally unfaught?"

Not that i think it matters... someone may have been playing arelith as a fantasy splinter cell instead of as the ARPG most treat it as
Yep, fact sometimes there two dragons at the end because of that.
Cerk Evermoore wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:34 pm
Gotta go to the less popular dungeons. RDI / Aurilite Temple are pretty high traffic dungeons.
Yeaaah why I go to avernus with friends instead... Know if we're not chased out, also RDI is always crawling with Underdarker's so can't go there even if I wanted.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:37 pm

2 spawns is a normal occurence, not because someone didnt fight ther mobs. It's just a bug inthe spawn system. Same reason you sometimes get 5 wyverns outside Guldorand.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:00 pm

TimeAdept wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:37 pm
2 spawns is a normal occurence, not because someone didnt fight ther mobs. It's just a bug inthe spawn system. Same reason you sometimes get 5 wyverns outside Guldorand.
Yes, but that doesn't explain the door being left wide open.